Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GOAT

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Cummin up was good last time I tried it, but it was a few years ago. They never had what you wanted to order from the menu though and in the end I just used to ask for a selection.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
There are a couple of Caribbean places: one on Lewes Road and one on Preston Circus: I bet they sell it

The one on Lewes road does indeed. Goat meat was a regular dish when I lived in Kenya, can be very hit or miss.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Reminds me of when I found out I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There are a couple of Caribbean places: one on Lewes Road and one on Preston Circus: I bet they sell it

Curried goat is indeed available at the very excellent Cummin Up at Preston Circus :thumbsup:

10645035_10152751879747763_5221857027269580292_n.jpg

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Quite a few Caribbean places around town these days.

You've got the already mentioned Cummin Up, there's Back a Yard on Lewes Road, Lickle More just off George Street, Jukes on Portland Road and there's also a pop up along Madeira Drive which I assume is only there for the summer.

Plus on Western Road, just up from Waitrose, there's a new African place called Angel's which serves a lot of Afro-Caribbean food including jerk chicken and, I believe, curried goat

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

You've got the already mentioned Cummin Up, there's Back a Yard on Lewes Road, Lickle More just off George Street, Jukes on Portland Road and there's also a pop up along Madeira Drive which I assume is only there for the summer.

Plus on Western Road, just up from Waitrose, there's a new African place called Angel's which serves a lot of Afro-Caribbean food including jerk chicken and, I believe, curried goat

I bloody love Caribbean food. Seems the Brighton scene has improved a lot since I left. There was just one place 4 years ago.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The one on Lewes road does indeed. Goat meat was a regular dish when I lived in Kenya, can be very hit or miss.

I used to have it now-and-then when I lived in Botswana. Too bony and stinks when it's cooked I found.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Which is best? Any recommendations?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I wasn't that impressed last time I had a Cummin Up and I've not tried the two Hove ones however Back a Yard is decent and the African place on Western Road is excellent.

I had a look at the Madeira Drive one earlier and it's the same people who pop up for various events such as during the festival, Kemptown Carnival and the Hove Lawns food fest. I enjoyed their jerk pork and chicken though haven't tried goat by their hands (if they even do it).

I know there's somewhere in town that does a "reggae roast" on Sundays but alas I forget where

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
Recent reports sugest Cummin Up is doing anthing but. Shit in a tray merchants theses days.

Sadly (as I wanted to be a regular customer), I had the worst experience I've ever had when ordering food. Bloke in his late 20s/early 30s taking my order when just stops listening and starts to chat up a female that comes in. He kissed his teeth when I asked him to carry on taking my order, then when in the end when it was time to give me my change, he tried to give me a random scoop of coppers and the odd silver coin in amongst the pile. Asked him how he knew he was giving me the right change as he hadn't counted the coins, to which more kissing of teeth occurred before he then counted out my coins.
Haven't been back since based on that .
Shame.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Moroccan places usually have it too, if the Caribbean style of cooking it isn't to your liking. Only had it once, and not in Brighton, a goat and cinnamon dish that wasn't bad but not exceptional.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here