Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Friday night drinking thread

portlander

Jul 16, 2003
Portland, Maine, USA
A few in northern New England tonight. Some substance IPA at Bissell Brothers, followed by some Bunker Brewing, and then some Boom Sauce from somewhere in Massachusetts. How I love IPAs.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A glass of Champagne (celebrating) and a Pinot Noir at lunch. A Mikkeller Cow On Ice IPA and a Brooklyn EIPA post gig.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Ice cold Euro-lager and decent house white in the Cafe de la Grill in Capestang, Languedoc-Roussillon (south of france).... not a whisper of politics from anyone.

Likely to be my starting venue for the next 4 weeks of Friday nights.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I was on Punk, then Punk and 12 cans later I was quite horizontal, and now I have been up since 6.30am, which makes no sense.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Didint drink to much Friday Night still hung over from election and I saving myself for the following session sat /sun image.png
Savannahs

Last edited:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Spent Wednesday evening on a Burton crawl again. Started at the Burton Bridge Brewery, moved on to the Fuggle & Nuggat, The Last Heretic (Crystal Palace fan), Coopers to pick up some ale for the Apne Indian meal and finally the Devenshire Arms. Apart from the Golden & Stairway to Heaven (Burton Bridge Brewery) all ales I've not had before but I'm not a person who writes them down.
For home drinkers Aldi had a good selection in this past week but they do sell out fast at £1.29 a bottle. My shelf is well stocked.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Been playing with my new toy - a Big Green Egg (where's [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] when you need him?). Just set it up to do a long slow cooking of a shoulder of pork (135 degrees for 11 hours, since you ask). Hoicked two bottles of Zin and an Oz Shiraz out to have with it. Will be a good evening.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Been playing with my new toy - a Big Green Egg (where's [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] when you need him?). Just set it up to do a long slow cooking of a shoulder of pork (135 degrees for 11 hours, since you ask). Hoicked two bottles of Zin and an Oz Shiraz out to have with it. Will be a good evening.

11 hours for pulled pork? Is that's what is referred to as a #TantricWank

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Friday midday drinking for me today. My work has its annual summer barbie - Oval cricket ground, the pledge of haloumi cheese bulging my ever fattening chops - so attend I must. I am limited to 2-3 pints though. The girlfriend's midriff is stiffening, and if her waters flush then I better not be found in Watford bus depot at 2am again.
A good part of it is that we're off for a scan this morning, meaning I'm not to turn up for work until 12.30, when we leave for a brief waddle to the Oval. So, ok I'm not antlike in my levels of endeavour, but today my sole task will be posing in the background of a team photo, and raising a chilled beer slowly to my lips.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here