Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

View from the other side...

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Not going to read all this thread but I just need to comment on the red card. It was not a ****ing red card. It wasn't even a foul.

Does this mean that NO-ONE is ever allowed to go for a ball if it's not glued to the ****ing turf?? Just because someone's leg MAY be on the other side. Someone who isn't wearing shin pads.

No sour grapes here because I had a few beers with Boro fans last night and travelled up with my Boro supporting mate. And all the best to them.

Meh!!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Any chance we can limit new joiners to a sub forum for a while [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]? Tedious now.

No. Its good for traffic and kerching.

God help us if we go up. Imagine how many of "them" will be on here.

I will probably not bother with nsc.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No. Its good for traffic and kerching.

God help us if we go up. Imagine how many of "them" will be on here.

I will probably not bother with nsc.

As I've said before, and from what I can see you've ignored it: I find it massively insulting that someone I consider a friend keeps trotting out this myth that there is some sort of financial reasoning behind moderating decisions on NSC. Ask the people you know: [MENTION=249]edna krabappel[/MENTION], [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION], [MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION] and [MENTION=687]Carrot Cruncher[/MENTION] if I have ever issued any kind of directive along the lines you indicate. I suspect you don't have to ask because you know what the answer will be.

When anyone is made a mod, pretty much all they are told is "do what you think is right" and "if in doubt, ask someone else". That's it.

Seriously Marcus, your tone continues to be massively insulting.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We'd have won, but you benefitted from a n injustice

1: No proof we would have won. With Stephens in the team we had one attempt on target in 58 minutes. Did we have momentum when he went off? Yes, that's a million miles away from guaranteeing victory. Boro had £20million of players on the bench should we have gone ahead, they would have piled on the pressure even if we had scored another too.

2: Bad decision from Dean? Agree totally, but such decisions go in our favour too. If you went regularly you would recall the penalty decisions at home to MK Dins and Bristol City, and of course there is also this one

Burnley Goal.jpg

Dean's incompetence helped ruin what otherwise (apart from the aggressive neanderthal behaviour from a small section of Boro fans) was a great occasion. The atmosphere was incredible, the teams were evenly contested, despite Boro's huge spending this season.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
1: No proof we would have won. With Stephens in the team we had one attempt on target in 58 minutes. Did we have momentum when he went off? Yes, that's a million miles away from guaranteeing victory. Boro had £20million of players on the bench should we have gone ahead, they would have piled on the pressure even if we had scored another too.

2: Bad decision from Dean? Agree totally, but such decisions go in our favour too. If you went regularly you would recall the penalty decisions at home to MK Dins and Bristol City, and of course there is also this one

View attachment 74512

Dean's incompetence helped ruin what otherwise (apart from the aggressive neanderthal behaviour from a small section of Boro fans) was a great occasion. The atmosphere was incredible, the teams were evenly contested, despite Boro's huge spending this season.
The problem is that 2. Dean's mistake has not just had a consequence on 1 match like other reffing errors. It also influences 2 ( or 3 ) others with the suspension.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus

View attachment 74512

"If I went regularly" - Ignoring the blatant condescension, I'm aware of all the previous decisions going in our favour and those screwing us over. This doesn't change the fact that after 45 games we were 3 points from promotion and we were cheated out of the ability to fairly contest this after the sending off. We had the momentum and the pressure was on them. Had Dale not been wrongly sent off, we would have gone on to win.

The actual Burnley equaliser came moments later, and Barton shouldn't have been on the pitch...

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I'd stop any new joiners until after the playoffs. You just know it's going to be infested with Sheff Wed fans this week.

Nah, let them come. We'll deal with them the same as we'll deal with their team.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
And?

I'm sure we'd have won but we will never know. We were never given the chance to capitalise on our momentum due to that awful decision
We might have won. Or lost. But you can't say 'would'....we had created bugger all up to that point really.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Your original claim was 'we would have won' which is a statement, 'I'm sure we would have won but we will never know' is an opinion.

There's a world of difference between the two.

Yet it's clear the original statement WAS an opinion, given the hypothetical nature of the claim. Why are you trying to flame a semantic argument that benefits nobody?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yet it's clear the original statement WAS an opinion, given the hypothetical nature of the claim. Why are you trying to flame a semantic argument that benefits nobody?

Because I don't like people on NSC calling others 'retards'.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I'd stop any new joiners until after the playoffs. You just know it's going to be infested with Sheff Wed fans this week.

This.

Plus Burnley and Boro if we fail to make it ... not to mention the unmentionable. A few are vaguely amusing but the deluge is beyond tedious.

Alternatively is there any way to restrict new members to the Other Stuff for a probationary period?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Because I don't like people on NSC calling others 'retards'.

Far better to be a dullard

Mind you having indulged in some drunk tweeting on saturday I did have to read back. I believe I called an ex league ref who is also a boro fan a few names including digging up a story about his short arse syndrome that Bradford City think he has. Plus a few other things directed at others....oh well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here