Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth post £15m loss

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Another loaded loss to make next year look better.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
£11m wage bill for the season they were in League One, which, according to [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION], isn't that out of the ordinary. Presumably will be significantly higher for the next set of accounts, ie this season.

He also suggests that as the mysterious Russian's money is his own and not borrowed, they're on more solid ground than certain other South Coast clubs have been.

Still doesn't seem sustainable to me, but I suppose it depends on how long it is before the Russian gets bored.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Utter, utter madness.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Average league 1 wage bill is around £5-6 million. However I would expect Wolves to have one closer to £25 million this season.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Average league 1 wage bill is around £5-6 million. However I would expect Wolves to have one closer to £25 million this season.

True. But you'd expect a large salary bill for a club that was in the Premier League two seasons ago, and still has certain players, with Premier League contracts, on the payroll. I bet they'd love to have offloaded Jamie O'Hara and Roger Johnson (and probably Stephen Ward) but nobody wants them on the wages they're on.

Bournemouth, on the other hand, have never been at that level, and have scrabbled around in the bottom divisions for years now, mostly in administration it seems. I can't help feeling it doesn't quite seem right. But I suppose as long as Mr Demin stays interested...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
True. But you'd expect a large salary bill for a club that was in the Premier League two seasons ago, and still has certain players, with Premier League contracts, on the payroll. I bet they'd love to have offloaded Jamie O'Hara and Roger Johnson (and probably Stephen Ward) but nobody wants them on the wages they're on.

Bournemouth, on the other hand, have never been at that level, and have scrabbled around in the bottom divisions for years now, mostly in administration it seems. I can't help feeling it doesn't quite seem right. But I suppose as long as Mr Demin stays interested...

Wages at 195% of revenue is eye watering. However Chelsea and City have both flourished in those circumstances. Depends on the depth of interest from the owner.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Turnover during 2012-13: £5,183,122
Wages/salaries 2012-13: £10,996,137

Since July 31 (and hence not in these figure), the club spent £3,240,109 on player transactions.

From the directors' report:-

The club’s future strategy is to become sustainable and ........

Good luck with that.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk

If I were a Bournemouth fan thinking with my head rather than my heart I'd be thinking the same as you, yes they put in a very decent late season run but it isn't rocket science to work out that they are spending way beyond their natural income levels and unlikely they will balance the books anytime soon. If they don't find a miraculous way of reaching the Prem within a season or two then you can see their owner getting bored and finding a new play thing. The Pompey business model strikes again.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Surely they'll fail the FFP test with the next set of financial results!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Can see Arry ending up there at some point, nice and close and easy money

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
£11m wage bill for the season they were in League One, which, according to [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION], isn't that out of the ordinary. Presumably will be significantly higher for the next set of accounts, ie this season.

He also suggests that as the mysterious Russian's money is his own and not borrowed, they're on more solid ground than certain other South Coast clubs have been.ko

Still doesn't seem sustainable to me, but I suppose it depends on how long it is before the Russian gets bored.
Or has sanctions imposed on him by the USA and EU. There's hoping !

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here