Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our result v Leicester relative to our result v Man City

How will our result against Leicester compare to the result against Manchester City?

• Better (win, draw or 1 goal defeat)

Votes: 84 66.7%
  • The same (2 goal defeat)

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • Worse (3 or more goal defeat)

Votes: 15 11.9%

• Total voters

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
I can't see us picking up points at all this month, As mentioned , Leicester matched arsenal and the result could of easily gone there way. Watford were impressive against Liverpool. Unless we can step up a gear in midfield or get lucky on set plays. 0 points this month, realistically.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The fixture computer wasn't kind to us with our first 3 matches, I reckon our first chance of points is really against West Brom.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
May be another 0-2. I just hope we get a bit more possession.

We lost the first three last time we were in the top division and did fine, i have a feeling history could repeat itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Leicester are set up to play on the counter. If we sit back and let them come on to us, like we did against Man City, we can nullify their ability to break at pace.

0-0 for me. A good away point.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"we should be beating team like Leicester" :facepalm:

This time Marhez will cost more than our entire squad, although I guess we should take solace in the fact he doesn't cost more than the stadium as well.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's away from home, you look at teams bottom half and they are winning 3 or 4 at most, drawing 3 or 4. Burnley won 1 drew 4 away last season.

Every team we think we can pick a point up away from home, has us nailed as a 3 point home banker for them. Leicester will come at us all guns blazing, and they looked in good form at Arsenal, as did Watford at home.

If we go into West Brom with a point on the board, I'll be reasonably happy.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I have long had this horrible feeling that Saturday's "easier" game against Leicester is going to see us pick up a worse result than the one v Manchester City.

What do you think?
I think the worry is keeping you awake at night.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I do too, but I think you're being unfair and a bit too snug and superior in taking the piss out of our fans for this. We are no worse than anywhere else and indeed, Hughton's comments after Man City suggest we are actually more patient than most.

Piss off.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The quality of the Leicester defence is a million miles away from that of the Man City defence. As long as we're just a WEE bit adventurous, should be perfectly possible to pick up a point. Or at least a goal.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I think a similar set up to City but being better in possession when we get the ball back will see a better result and a goal and I'd say a 1 goal defeat or a draw. I think we have got to be careful that we do not give them to much space inbehind the defence. If we do then I can easily see them scoring 3. Their best form of defence seems to be their attack.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The quality of the Leicester defence is a million miles away from that of the Man City defence. As long as we're just a WEE bit adventurous, should be perfectly possible to pick up a point. Or at least a goal.

A goal, a goal you say:-

giphy.gif

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I hope we will take confidence from the City game by sustaining for 70 minutes and that will allow us to hold our own against Leicester. It won't be easy but no game in the Premier is going to be easy. Then again the Championship was a challenge so we have just got to hang in there and take our wins where we can.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Think this will be a harder game than City. Leicester move the ball forward very quick at times. Can see us setting up very deep again to not give them the space behind to run into. We need to avoid the silly mistakes and break quicker with support for the front man. Cant see anything better than another 2-0 defeat though.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here