Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Railway Bell

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I miss the Eclipse, people, atmosphere and leaving at 2.50pm for the game, with a group of 30 to 40.

Happy days friendships forged that are still alive all these years later. E.C.F.

Now a decent pub again, probably the best in Hove. Always busy on a weekend.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Enjoy!

Everything seems to be served on planks of wood so I know you'll love it ;-)
Not sure about the BBQ chef with his armpit over the hot grill though.

View attachment 88016

View attachment 88017

Battered onion and jalapeño rings. Sounds like culinary Russian roulette.

So, chicks, tattoos, craft beer, decent looking food. I'm in.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Pond was starting to get really busy towards the end of the season. Our route of choice usually goes Brighton beer dispensary, craft, evening star, the pond then the bell.

You're a man of my own heart.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Have you been to The Pond recently? They've had a craft make-over as well.

Accidentally went in there towards end of last season and couldn't remember what it looked line before. Much better now and nice pub. Decent Thai food too

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Now a decent pub again, probably the best in Hove. Always busy on a weekend.

Managed to do what seems quite hard these days: refurb a pub without turning it poncey.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Changing the subject slightly...

If someone could get permission to buy the empty house at the entrance to The Bridge car park at Falmer and convert it into a little pre match boozer, they would be sitting on a gold mine!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

I'm really not a fan at all of Munkeechops food, having had come across it in about 5 or 6 different pubs and cafes (Prestonville, Connaught, Foragers, Railway, Hove Park?) over the past 10 years or so. Always looks good on the menu and never fails to disappoint in terms of flavour, texture, 'filling'ness and VFM. And he always drizzles way too much balsamic glaze in a massive swirl over everything so it all tastes of sugar.

Sorry to be negative nelly.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Football pub: Welly
Pub showing football on silent but good beer and food: Albert

I don't know what it is but I've never really liked the Albert. Maybe I'm just getting old but it always seems like the music is too loud and the staff seem surly.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I don't know what it is but I've never really liked the Albert. Maybe I'm just getting old but it always seems like the music is too loud and the staff seem surly.

The Albert is deceiving . Looks big from the outside but cramped inside. Not keen on the ales in there. The only good thing about the place are the benches outside on a nice day.

If it's a lively match then i will use the Bell. If not the Battle of Trafalgar is my 1st call

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Albert is deceiving . Looks big from the outside but cramped inside. Not keen on the ales in there. The only good thing about the place are the benches outside on a nice day.

If it's a lively match then i will use the Bell. If not the Battle of Trafalgar is my 1st call

Their cask beer is good imho and there's a good number of pumps. Their keg stuff isn't so. But I like the vibe, music and the very mixed bag of punters.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
The Albert is deceiving . Looks big from the outside but cramped inside.

Never really thought about it but you are spot on there. It's really poorly laid out however I think that some what adds to it charm. Thinking about the Nelson isn't much better either .

Not keen on the ales in there.

Strongly disagree there. They always have something interesting on. If I was doing a tour round town then it would always be on the list of stop offs.

As for the Bell it is what it is. Might not be everyone's cup of tea but as sports pubs go I think its pretty decent.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Double booked myself on Friday with a night out. Got an agreement to find a pub in Brighton to watch the game, so where is the place to go for football in Brighton on a Friday night ?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Double booked myself on Friday with a night out. Got an agreement to find a pub in Brighton to watch the game, so where is the place to go for football in Brighton on a Friday night ?

The Montpelier was always a good shout for a game. Not been for a couple of years though.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Shame, was a regular there many years ago when I lived over the road.
Used to love the sticky floors and grime at 10 am on a Sunday morning...........

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
It’s a pub ffs. Stuck up pompous twats shouldn’t be allowed in pubs. They should stick to their craft beers and growing their hipster beards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here