Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barber and the club have lost me as a customer today

D

Deleted member 2719

I still don't quite grasp why you're still so interested having made it so clear over the shirt thing that you wouldn't be spending any more on the club etc etc

Because they are still my club, all the time PB is with the Albion none of my cash will becoming the clubs way although that hurts me to say. I will not be treated in the way that they did, but that's all old ground.

It all about that old fashion thing of respect and I have lost that for PB because of the way he handles the customer.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yes I know that's what he said and I want to believe it, my theory is we are looking to sell the club and trying to make us look more attractive financially and that's what PB job is.
It's just a gut feeling, I only hope I am wrong.

It's not a theory, it's a hunch based on no evidence.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I have every sympathy for the OP. And given the utterly eye watering amounts of money sloshing around in the PL there shouldn't be any reason at all to charge the prices clubs do. Maybe if significant funds were going into grass roots etc there might be a case but sadly the only winners in this are hundreds of, at times very average, footballers and their agents.

Very true sadly. Amateur football is dying on it's arse in this country. Our Sunday league, West Kent has gone from 7 divisions about 10 years ago, to 3 this season. Tonbridge Saturday league has disappeared. High pitch hire costs, admin, and the state of pitches all a factor. How many 4G pitches could have been built with what Pogba's agent received from his transfer ? A dozen at least. Hideous money disappearing out of the game from the fans that pay for it

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Like I say in the first line, I wont be taken for a mug. I have principles and I will stick to them. I don't mind picking/choosing but I wont do that when the prices are not reasonable.

Sorry, but at what point did you ever think that ANYTHING about the Premier League was 'reasonable'? And another thing, I bet last season that you cheered, sang and shouted the team on to glory and victory to achieve our.........place in the Prem! It is so laudable to have 'principles', shame that occasionally they come wrapped in inconvenience too.

Personally I would rather watch half a dozen top tier games at The Amex per year than have to endure 23 pilgrimages to Withdean in all weathers. Nowt as queer as folk I guess.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Gut feeling is not evidence, but it's as good as it gets!!

If you are not already a high court judge, please may I recommend this as an inspirational career swerve. And just to let you know, I'm NOT guilty. :thumbsup:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Sorry, but at what point did you ever think that ANYTHING about the Premier League was 'reasonable'? And another thing, I bet last season that you cheered, sang and shouted the team on to glory and victory to achieve our.........place in the Prem! It is so laudable to have 'principles', shame that occasionally they come wrapped in inconvenience too.

Personally I would rather watch half a dozen top tier games at The Amex per year than have to endure 23 pilgrimages to Withdean in all weathers. Nowt as queer as folk I guess.
With the tv money there is not really a need to alienate fans like Husty with a 40% price hike it has nothing to do with going to Withdean we all know that place was dire.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Number of thumbs down received on NSC, naturally.

Like I say I'm no super fan and for the last few years I probably could have attended more games than I have, but other priorities n stuff ya know... But I followed the club through some tough times and I wouldn't be one to desert the club if they went down unlike whoever fills my seat at £45 a pop.

Try to stop being a victim FFS. How do you know how loyal the person who sits in your seat will be? The seat which you didn't fill every game anyway! Maybe the person who unknowingly shared 'your' seat for the last year or two will now have it all season long and even buy it for League Cup games, and even spend money in the club shop too?

Oh, woah is me..........blah, blah, blah.......ad infinitum.

Bye! :lol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Out of interest who else thinks and let's be totally honest here think the club only have a hardcore fan base of around 8-10k ? When the brown stuff hits the fan I can almost visualise the faces that would be standing around me at some northern hole of a ground. The club really don't want to alienate these fans just because they have had a bit of success of late.

This is about right. We were down to around that in the final years at the Goldstone, down to about 2-3 k at Gillingham and didn't sell out Withdean for quite a bit of the time there once the capacity was increased to 9k, was it?

Brighton has always had a very large number of floating/fair weather fans. More than other clubs? I have no idea as I only follow Brighton, but we do have a very fickle fanbase once the bad times come. Even a couple of seasons at the wrong end of the Premier League will see a big fall off in season ticket sales imo. I suggest that this is normal for most smaller clubs though.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
People say this but at the end of the day 30 thousand seats at an average of £30 per ticket is still £900k per match so it may not be much compared to the TV rights but it is still huge money that would be greatly missed if we didn't charge.

And that's the way I looked at it.
It's a lot of dosh for 1 match but still media say it's a drop in the ocean.
Maybe it's all the other figures on top of Sky/ BT including all the sponsorships and foreign TV money and all the other stuff that we don't know about being mind boggling.

Do the maths. 19 x 900 = £17m plus the add ons for shirts, beer, pies, say £25m. Have no idea what match day costs are but wild guess £300k, so let's say GP ex matches = £20m. Compares to around £100m share from TV revenues. Important at the margin.

That's total matchday ticket income, this thread is about increased matchday ticket prices. There are c. 23,000 ST, c. 3000 away already factored in, so the increased prices relate to c. 4000 seats max x say £8 increase = 32,000 extra revenue per match.
*all figures approx.

andy46

Mar 22, 2012
I disagree. I know a number of regular gig goers. Maybe not 30-40 but certainly around the 20 mark. It's what a lot of music lovers do......and why they're called music lovers.
as usual you are as relevant as last nights fart, 30-40 a year so your watching small bands in local pubs and in no way is that any comparison to top flight football !

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
That's total matchday ticket income, this thread is about increased matchday ticket prices. There are c. 23,000 ST, c. 3000 away already factored in, so the increased prices relate to c. 4000 seats max x say £8 increase = 32,000 extra revenue per match.
*all figures approx.

So just over 600k for a season? Considering the tv money, this is pennies and they have alienated fans. It seems very short sighted in my opinion. People don't forget once they feel they have been fleeced or feel no longer relevant. It is very very hard to win those people back. IMO the extra money is not worth it. I still can't believe £25 for an under 10.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
These large ticket price hikes maybe ok if we have a Premier League competitive team. If however we have a Championship team not cutting the mustard in the Premier League they will be something of a disgrace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here