Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Retained List

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The announcement on the retained list must be soon.

Something like...

Stockdale - ongoing discussions
Sidwell - staying
Bong - going
Maenpaa - ?
Ankers - staying as coach
COG - going

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
I've been saying this for years but given our new status amongst England's elite, if Caspar Ankergren secures another one year deal then he is most definitely in possession of compromising photos of Tony Bloom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I'm not sure we could get Barry as wages would still be an issue, but been there done it, and still capable at PL level would be a great signing IMO. Can also play LB and CD would could be a useful back up plan.
Didn't he recently sign a new contract for Everton?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Sidwell will stay. And too right - had a great year.
Won't be on that much and is a wise head with lots of backchat to refs.

Exactly. The ref thing is key, we need to wise up, and get in there like other teams.

Not saying it's right, just seems to be necessary these days.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Really? He was immense at Villa!

Yes.

The game at Villa is an excellent example - because even on a GOOD day (and he WAS good) - he still conceded THREE free kicks right on the edge of our box, due to arriving late. That will be much more of an issue at the higher level, and due to the quality of the opposition set pieces, would be very harshly punished.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Would be good to know the retained list before the parade so we don't have all the NSC body language 'experts' commenting on every gesture and expression.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Yes.

The game at Villa is an excellent example - because even on a GOOD day (and he WAS good) - he still conceded THREE free kicks right on the edge of our box, due to arriving late. That will be much more of an issue at the higher level, and due to the quality of the opposition set pieces, would be very harshly punished.

Nooooo. I love him as a player, and as a bloke, particularly his reaction when he hears his song.

Your analysis is spot on though. Booooo.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Whilst in an ideal world give present squad a chance have to face facts and say as the gulf between Premier League and championship is so great so many of these players are just not good enough. Our players as part of promotion squad must have decent value and now is time to sell Skalak Hemed Baldock etc who have no chance of getting a game next season. Appreciate season will be defined on results against West Brom Stoke Bournmouth etc but when we last played Arsenal we hardly touched the ball in first half.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Wonder if anything will be announced on stage about Stockdale, or Sidwell etc. at the parade ? ???

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Wonder if anything will be announced on stage about Stockdale, or Sidwell etc. at the parade ? ???

That would be a tad insensitive on such a day of celebration, no? I know it's called the retained list and is good news for some, but the downside of that is that it's also the sacked list.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
RB
LB
CH
M X2(1 defensive 1 attacking )
S
Plus extra investment into under 21s....with a realistic chance of 1st team
Stockdale will stay !!

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Whilst in an ideal world give present squad a chance have to face facts and say as the gulf between Premier League and championship is so great so many of these players are just not good enough. Our players as part of promotion squad must have decent value and now is time to sell Skalak Hemed Baldock etc who have no chance of getting a game next season. Appreciate season will be defined on results against West Brom Stoke Bournmouth etc but when we last played Arsenal we hardly touched the ball in first half.

I think plenty of those names will be happy to be PL squad players and depth is vital if you want to stay in the league

Fran112

Jun 6, 2011
Waterlooville
The "retained list" only applies to the teams in the English Football League (EFL) and the cut off date is the 3rd Saturday in May, subject to some extensions.

Premiere league (PL) teams have until 4pm on 1st September (2016/17 season) to announce their 25 man squad.

Don't know which rules apply to BHA ? Obviously the PL one will but as for the EFL now ??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The "retained list" only applies to the teams in the English Football League (EFL) and the cut off date is the 3rd Saturday in May, subject to some extensions.

Premiere league (PL) teams have until 4pm on 1st September (2016/17 season) to announce their 25 man squad.

Don't know which rules apply to BHA ? Obviously the PL one will but as for the EFL now ??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is a Premier League Retained List (and a Free Transfers List) as well as the Football League equivalents. Albion's details will be in the EFL version as the list relates to the 2016-17 season.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Didn't see Elvis, Ince or LuaLua at the parade.

Even though they will be in contract next season it looks like they are gone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here