Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Seeing as you are doing exactly what the article stated, I do not think the article is "utter bullshit".
I knew that getting out of the EU meant getting out of the single market, it was mentioned enough in the Leave campaign.
As for bringing Turkey etc into the equation I think those that were voting out did so for the main reasons in the Leave campaign. You seem determined to keep spinning what you would like the reasons to be. Thus the article does describe your stance in my opinion.

The article claims it is false to suggest that posters of Syrian refugees, mentioning that Turkey has a masive population and it is likely to join the EU soon and campaign buses with fictitious amounts of savings and suggestions that the money would go to the NHS had any effect on the result.
If all those things had no effect, the leave campaigners wasted a lot of time and money.
I am not telling you it had any effect upon you, but the point of these statements, which I am not imagining or misremembering, was to sway opinion, and according to polling during the campaign, the immigration angle worked.
If just 5% of the voters were swung from remain to leave on some of the bullshit that was flying about, it would have been enough to give leave a 52% to 48% victory, from what might have been a 53% to 47% remain victory.
It is not my opinion that none of you understood what the pros and cons were, it is my opinion though, that enough of the leave vote didn't, to cause concern over whether leaving is actually what is wanted by the majority.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
If just 5% of the voters were swung from remain to leave on some of the bullshit that was flying about, it would have been enough to give leave a 52% to 48% victory, from what might have been a 53% to 47% remain victory.
It is not my opinion that none of you understood what the pros and cons were, it is my opinion though, that enough of the leave vote didn't, to cause concern over whether leaving is actually what is wanted by the majority.

and what about the x% that believed the immediate economic apocalypse that would be visited upon us? It works both ways.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Its just Remainers getting in a tizzy MkII, when it was the original challenge some honestly thought the decision would be reversed, now they are getting all excited because they are hoping for a Brexit without the exit, it will soon blow over soon with a hard brexit duly delivered.

Interestingly Remainers initially started to cite parliament sovereignty and due process as paramount at the time of original challenge, all of course in the name of democracy (all nonesense) and now seem less keen on it as Labour no longer feel justified to go agianst their own constituates.

So ultimately a complete and utter waste of time, article 50 will be triggered, soley due to the referendum and the votes cast and really there was never going to be any other outcome, we might have to put up with Sturgeon and Farron for a few weeks on our TV sets, which in itself makes me loathe Gina Miller even more, but the process was driven by the majority vote, it delivered what it promised and there is now no going back, roll on Brexit.

Last edited:

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
and what about the x% that believed the immediate economic apocalypse that would be visited upon us? It works both ways.

Indeed. For every refugee poster there was a punishment budget, for every red bus there was an immediate recession and economic meltdown.

Except that doesn't fit with the Remainers rewriting of history.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The democratic process will have stopped if Article 50 gets stalled because of these MPs and it doesn't get triggered at all, If that happens there will no point in ever voting again. We would have been well and truly shafted, and don't be surprised when the loudest voices against Brexit end up with nicest jobs in the EU, greedy *******s the lot of them. By the way I don't hate Europeans, my mum is Italian, what I do hate is that greedy organization that takes a lot of money and is accountable to nobody.

Article 50 will not get stalled, but this is the start of the democratic process, May was reminded yesterday that she is the PM of the UK, not the monarch. Personally I'm not sure she really wanted to go to the supreme court, but yet again the Tories pander to Murdoch, Dacre etc

Leaving the EU effects everyone and where we go from here needs to be properly debated and scrutinised. The irony is all the all these Brexiteers say they want their country back yet only seem interested in due process where it suits them. Or perhaps they should find a country when the monarch really does have supreme rule?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Come on now,Mrs. May-should have told the whiners we've already had a White Paper;

camcrap.jpg

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
So the will of the people who actually bothered voting in Scotland means more than the will of the people who actually bothered voting in Great Britain?

To the Scots who believe that Scotland should be independent, yes it does.

I am not a Scot. I have lived all my life (63 years), except for time away at University, no more than 10 miles away from the South Coast.

I am not talking about my own opinions here. I am trying to understand someone else's point of view, something that not many people on this thread ever seem to try to do.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

I am not a Scot. I have lived all my life (63 years), except for time away at University, no more than 10 miles away from the South Coast.

I am not talking about my own opinions here. I am trying to understand someone else's point of view, something that not many people on this thread ever seem to try to do.

I have Scottish relatives and friends,and none of them believe that they can go it alone or be allowed to join the EU.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Brexiteers see any questioning of article 50 or any process that, regardless of it's crucial role in Brexit, appears to slow Brexit down as high treason and the taking over of democracy by a totalitarian regime. It's democratic process. It takes a bit of time. Honestly, bunch of thin skinned, whinging crybabies. It brings to mind a toddler whose been promised a treat and pesters their Mum for it all shopping trip.
You got your way, now please let the adults sit down and try to make the best of the shambles leave voters have made of the country. It will take a bit of time.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I have Scottish relatives and friends,and none of them believe that they can go it alone or be allowed to join the EU.

You do seem to conveniently "know" people. be "related" to people or get "chatting" to people who 100% agree with your viewpoint. A lot.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Weird as some spokesperson for the SNP said they wouldn't they wouldn't go for another referendum on leaving the UK. He also admitted after being pushed somewhat that England was there biggest exporter to the tune of 50B far outweighing to the EU at 15B.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You do seem to conveniently "know" people. be "related" to people or get "chatting" to people who 100% agree with your viewpoint. A lot.

I think most non-schizophrenics tend to know people,be related to people,or get chatting to people.It's much better than having multiple identities on a web site,and agreeing with youself how clever you are,Nibble!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
You got your way, now please let the adults sit down and try to make the best of the shambles leave voters have made of the country. It will take a bit of time.

Really, must you write such sensible things? I find myself having to agree with you!

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think most non-schizophrenics tend to know people,be related to people,or get chatting to people.It's much better than having multiple identities on a web site,and agreeing with youself how clever you are,Nibble!

Again, just utter gibberish. "non-schizophrenics tend to know people". Do schizophrenics not know anyone then? :facepalm:

I think making people up to bolster one's "argument" is probably about one of the saddest things I have seen on here.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Brexiteers see any questioning of article 50 or any process that, regardless of it's crucial role in Brexit, appears to slow Brexit down as high treason and the taking over of democracy by a totalitarian regime. It's democratic process. It takes a bit of time. Honestly, bunch of thin skinned, whinging crybabies. It brings to mind a toddler whose been promised a treat and pesters their Mum for it all shopping trip.

2yrs should suffice, either that or WTO. Personally think it will be sorted by then as the EU appear to want a quick resolve themselves

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Again, just utter gibberish. "non-schizophrenics tend to know people". Do schizophrenics not know anyone then? :facepalm:

I think making people up to bolster one's "argument" is probably about one of the saddest things I have seen on here. Except you.

Oh dear,caught you out again Nibble,you sad sack.:mad:

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Oh dear,caught you out again Nibble,you sad sack.:mad:

Caught me out? Nibble? What on earth are you on about? I'm gonna give you the benefit of doubt and put it down to you being a bit dim rather than actually being the knobhead you come across as. Odd little man.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Caught me out? Nibble? What on earth are you on about? I'm gonna give you the benefit of doubt and put it down to you being a bit dim rather than actually being the knobhead you come across as. Odd little man.

You calling somebody else odd?And a bit dim?Which personality told you to write that?Have you taken your tablets today?Sorry,that's probably enough questions to keep you occupied for a while.You go and lie down to think which of you is going to respond.:cry:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here