Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No moaning or bed wetting on here tonight please....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's a long time since I got shit-faced. Long overdue.

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
You are all wrong. This is the beginning of the annual January meltdown so many of us predicted. A lengthy slump will now follow. The remainder of the season will be a long tantalising tease with May disappointment guaranteed.

The fact that it is so predictable means that the Soviets have successfully hacked into our game plan programming yet again. Three concurrent health absentees makes it beyond doubt that agents have also infiltrated the training ground kitchens.

I expect there will soon be disclosure of a dossier giving apparent grounds to impeach Chris Hughton for encouraging Warren Aspinall to urinate on Gus Poyets whoopee cushion.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You are all wrong. This is the beginning of the annual January meltdown so many of us predicted. A lengthy slump will now follow. The remainder of the season will be a long tantalising tease with May disappointment guaranteed.

The fact that it is so predictable means that the Soviets have successfully hacked into our game plan programming yet again. Three concurrent health absentees makes it beyond doubt that agents have also infiltrated the training ground kitchens.

I expect there will soon be disclosure of a dossier giving apparent grounds to impeach Chris Hughton for encouraging Warren Aspinall to urinate on Gus Poyets whoopee cushion.

Errrrr yeah, this :wink:

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
This.

Not bothered by the result today. Sounded like we played some good football. Preston played the game they had to and we came up short. Bring on the MASSIVE. :albion2:
I can't fathom how people say they are not bothered by losing today or any game Brighton lose. Brighton had a off -day but just don't say you're not bothered. I know Brighton won't win every game but I am dissapointed when Brighton lose, its passion and optimism that drives this.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I can't fathom how people say they are not bothered by losing today or any game Brighton lose. Brighton had a off -day but just don't say you're not bothered. I know Brighton won't win every game but I am dissapointed when Brighton lose, its passion and optimism that drives this.

It is not that folk are not bothered, just that they accept, however disappointing, that there will always be the occasional loss

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Clearly the run had to end at some point. It's how we react that's important. I'm sure the players will be focused and out to prove a point next week against Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
I like the sentiment of this thread. Although it has pretentious ring of someone who couldn't be arsed with going to the game.

I really don't think we played that badly. Or much differently to usual. Final ball wasn't their today and the defence was a bit out of sorts. To be expected given CG game time this season and the amount of bailing us out Dunk does on a regular basis.

I can't help but think if the OP had attended the game there wouldn't have been a need a to start the thread.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's not the loss that matters, it's the thought that we could 2 or 3 in a row.

Need to bannish this fear by beating Massive and winning the game in hand.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Oh, I know what's going on here! This is all part of the CH grand master plan. Being the kind of chap who can see the whole planet, let alone the woods from the trees, it's obvious that this was an entirely contrived defeat. Rubbish performance (no doubt told the lads to hold back in the pre match brief), rest key players, lose (but not by too much), bring the supporters back down to earth, bring the pundits back down to earth, bring back down to earth any of the younger squad members who may be feeling a little too full of themselves, put us back under the radar, generally take the pressure off, then.......KERBOOOM! We're back! Sheffield Wednesday, watch out! Oh yes.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Me: I'm worried I'm going to wet the bed before I fall asleep
Mind: We are six points clear of third.
Me: That's only two wins. Supposing..
Mind: And we have a game in hand.
Me: zzzzz

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
They had two shots on target all game. We had four. We had far more shots and possession. It is football and it happens. It is remarkable we have not had a game like this sooner.

Let's hope Barnsley can beat Leeds and we can beat Wednesday and Cardiff then suddenly twelve points clear of them. More likely that us lose next two and them Winning three

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It's not the loss that matters, it's the thought that we could 2 or 3 in a row.

Need to bannish this fear by beating Massive and winning the game in hand.

We would go into February without a signing a new forward,Murray and Baldock get injured and Leeds push us into 3rd place..

I'm with you,let's beat massive. and we can rest alittle again

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
We should be worrying if we lose against Wednesday and don't get 3 points against Cardiff!!

Beat Wednesday or Cardiff we could be 9 points clear, beat both and may be we will be 12 points from 3rd...

End of January il be panicking if things go bad, not now :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here