Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
We played badly and won, away....... take the positives and keep the ball better next time. If we can do that it looks like our early start can continue

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
We weren't 'battered', we had a bad day at the office. Cardiff were battered at our place, for 90 minutes. We were 'done over' for about 35 of which was our fault, not to do with a good Leeds team. We did what you have to do to win a league, we dug in and fought. You have to remember back in the 70's when we went up, not every game was a perfect performance. Today was not perfect, but we picked up the three points we should have got against Cardiff. It is, as always, a long tough, hard, drawn out season in the Championship, and we will lose eventually. But to read the shite on this thread from the first half is not only typical but rather depressing. We ARE a good side with resolve. Save the pessimism for when we lose.

THEY were battered. THEY! Palace were battered. Nothing about The Albion in my post.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I am delighted we won, celebrating with a few beers, I am not going to pretend we were good though! What is wrong with that?

Nothing at all, we were poor, but winning when poor is the true mark of a successful team. I just don't feel we need negativity. I'm grateful and chuffed, more than elated. We won dirty, it is great doing that. We drew when we should have won two weeks back, so this was payback.We are all supporting the same cause, but less negativity would be great. Read the thread up to half time, seriously depressing. We will be there or there abouts come promotion, and at the worse, play offs. Please feel free to quote me in May. Enjoy the ride my friend!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I never said otherwise.
And they'd have taken a point against Fulham, and Ipswich (when it was 2-2). We won't get promoted by 'taking a point', we'd be better to risk fate, winning some and losing some.

It's not about what we deserve. We need points, and you get 3 times as many when you win, so don't settle for draws (except possibly in extreme backs to the wall cases).

It wouldn't add up if we always took a point when drawing and not playing so well.

Please note that I don't really think you're idiots for saying you'd take a point, but I do think we need to be going for wins, even when not at our best.
I said we'd be lucky to get a point they way we were playing, we were more then lucky to win![emoji39]
[emoji468] [emoji609] [emoji600] [emoji602] [emoji603] [emoji590] [emoji592] [emoji594] [emoji597]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I said we'd be lucky to get a point they way we were playing, we were more then lucky to win!
Yep, you didn't actually say you'd take a point, but I was making a statement so threw you in with the idiots!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Nothing at all, we were poor, but winning when poor is the true mark of a successful team. I just don't feel we need negativity. I'm grateful and chuffed, more than elated. We won dirty, it is great doing that. We drew when we should have won two weeks back, so this was payback.We are all supporting the same cause, but less negativity would be great. Read the thread up to half time, seriously depressing. We will be there or there abouts come promotion, and at the worse, play offs. Please feel free to quote me in May. Enjoy the ride my friend!

I agree with what you are saying for sure, going to enjoy the ride whatever. I think people were a bit shocked by some of our passing and play today in comparison to how we have been playing this season that is all. If we can win today then there really is hope that it just may be our season :)

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I just want to say - bloody great! What a result, even when not being all that good. It's the sign of greatness when you can take 3 points from a shitfest of a game like that.

Com on lads!!!!!!
Zamora is back home - winning games for the Albion again!!!! Couldn't be better.

Yep, you didn't actually say you'd take a point, but I was making a statement so threw you in with the idiots!

Believe me, he is an idiot:moo:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I agree with what you are saying for sure, going to enjoy the ride whatever. I think people were a bit shocked by some of our passing and play today in comparison to how we have been playing this season that is all. If we can win today then there really is hope that it just may be our season :)

I am seriously beginning to think it is our season. I remember our last two play off spots, everyone was losing and handing us the initiative, even when we were playing bad. They are doing it again. Wherever we end up, I am already really pleased with what we have achieved against Sky money clubs. We seem to have a bond of players, some really good players worthy of the Prem and players like Bruno that are back to previous form and a fantastic manager that changed from 4-4-2 to 4-3-3 today, a man with a plan B. And the players understood the change in tactics, they weren't headless chickens. We played bad but had the majority of possession and the most shots and most on target. If that is our scope on crap I'll take it... I'll grab your hand off for it! I wish more of our fan base (although generally people on here, I don't see the negativity quite so bad outside of NSC) would just support us through good and bad games. I am and always have been glass half full, even under the clueless Fin. We are all supporting the same project!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Reading through all the posts ( have been out allday ) I'm sure some would rather we lose. Does it matter how we win. I bet QPR, Middlesbrough ,Leeds etc would all love to be in our position playing badly. C'mon lets enjoy where we are TOP OF THE LEAGUE !!!!!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
What a bunch of ****ing moaners.
[MENTION=14080]The Wizard[/MENTION]: Worst performance ever, eh? Yeah, maybe if you'd been a fan since August 7th.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Buckley looked liked a crippled alcoholic when he limped onto the pitch. Doesn't look as pacey as he did.

We're definitely not missing much.

Buckley touched the ball just six times in 28 minutes and some of these when he was tracking back. Always his fault that he does not get involved in the game and the trick is to intercept the ball before he gets it. But if he does get clear he is ****ing dangerous, hence although he only got ball twice in the Albion half, both time he was fouled resulted in two bookings, one for Bruno for a blatant foul and another more innocuous one from Bong.

Bobby Z had 9 touches in 12 minutes. Hemed 38 touches in 78 minutes.

Lots of room for an Albion improvement, especially from set pieces and only goal from a header this season (two if you count the one that Hemed missed earlier in the season from the Stephens free kick: only goal from a free kick or corner). Different from last season when Dunk was scoring headers. Dunk even took a corner!

Much to do with is not flowing football, but a gritty midfield with lots of through balls and crosses are low to feet.

Reading with their strong defence look like the biggest rivals right now.

6 left footed Albion goals in the Championship this season. Two today. Two from Lualua and I cannot remember the other two?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here