Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

summer rebuilding will we start early this time round?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Doubt it, we'll be waiting till August for the desperadoes who've failed to sign for anyone else. Add to that the possibility that Hughton will leave after the Boro match and we'll fanny around till the last week of July before appointing John Gregory or Adrian Pennock.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A month into the season again I imagine, that's when you can get the best deals as players and agents start to panic

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
We started early last Season.

Didn't we get Nzuzi Toko (sp?) before the season had even ended!!!!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Doubt it, we'll be waiting till August for the desperadoes who've failed to sign for anyone else. Add to that the possibility that Hughton will leave after the Boro match and we'll fanny around till the last week of July before appointing John Gregory or Adrian Pennock.

You've seen the future haven't you.

You just know that after the initial fan excitement has dissipated when we haven't signed anybody by the end of July , the realisation of what you've just posted coming true will send this place into the biggest meltdown the internet has ever seen .

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We MUST start early. Hopefully we already have - no, I don't mean Best, but discreet enquiries should be being made, lining up who's likely to be willing and available, and whether deals can potentially be done.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
We MUST start early. Hopefully we already have - no, I don't mean Best, but discreet enquiries should be being made, lining up who's likely to be willing and available, and whether deals can potentially be done.

I'm sure someone is on the phone to Rochdale as we speak .......

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I wonder if there will actually be a rebuilding of the scale people are expecting. We may have another summer of fannying around, to no real effect. In fact, that seems more likely than a splurge of new signings, doesn't it? Hope versus experience, and all that.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
They've got another Glenn Murray, have they?

Word is Rochdale want at least £30,000 for our target which we've balked at.

Trying to phone Morecombe now but they're not picking up.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Talking to a man last night who said he knows Jed Wallace personally who says he is very near to signing frr us. I hope that this is so. although he did say JW isnt very quick very similar to JFC but more attack minded

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Talking to a man last night who said he knows Jed Wallace personally who says he is very near to signing frr us. I hope that this is so. although he did say JW isnt very quick very similar to JFC but more attack minded
This rumour is taking on Kanchelskis and Owen proportions. Is it four windows now?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Bloody hell you are obsessed with Jed Wallace. Are you his dad or something?

We really need to be aiming higher than some league two nomark.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
I notice you all seem to be assuming we are playing in the Championship next season. If not, won't COG, CMS and a few others be worth keeping on, as many people seem to think League 1 is their level ?

I think you have it spot on there,Hughton will not be manager next season,the bells were ringing in his interview after the Bournemouth game,He realises he's been sold a pup by B and B.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Don't forget we'll go on an expensive overseas pre seaon tour, with just an injured Baldock and Muitt as our forward line.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bloody hell you are obsessed with Jed Wallace. Are you his dad or something?

We really need to be aiming higher than some league two nomark.

I think that he is a good prospect and at £275k a snip. If he fails we would get most if not all of it back from a Lge 1 or 2 club. So a softhwhile chance to take. Not sure how good the source is though, just a chap who sits near me.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here