Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff Accuse Palace of Spying

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Cardiff now claiming the result should not be allowed to stand. Talk about desperation.

Cardiff City: Crystal Palace result should not stand, say Welsh club

From BBC Website

Cardiff's 3-0 defeat by Crystal Palace in early April should not be allowed to stand, the Welsh club have said in a five-page letter obtained by the BBC.

The document, sent by club lawyers to the Premier League, alleges Palace boss Tony Pulis knew sporting director Iain Moody was trying to obtain Cardiff's starting line-up before the game.

Cardiff claim they have proof Moody succeeded and say this breaches league rules but the BBC has not been able to obtain a Palace response, though the club have previously denied the claims.

The Premier League strugglers go on to state that clubs should act in good faith to one another and calls into serious question the integrity of the match.

They say Crystal Palace cheated and want the Premier League to take serious action.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Cardiff now claiming the result should not be allowed to stand. Talk about desperation.

From BBC Website

Cardiff's 3-0 defeat by Crystal Palace in early April should not be allowed to stand, the Welsh club have said in a five-page letter obtained by the BBC.

The document, sent by club lawyers to the Premier League, alleges Palace boss Tony Pulis knew sporting director Iain Moody was trying to obtain Cardiff's starting line-up before the game.

Cardiff claim they have proof Moody succeeded and say this breaches league rules but the BBC has not been able to obtain a Palace response, though the club have previously denied the claims.

The Premier League strugglers go on to state that clubs should act in good faith to one another and calls into serious question the integrity of the match.

They say Crystal Palace cheated and want the Premier League to take serious action.

Too right. I think the only sensible outcome here is a 20 point deduction for palace and a £120m fine. We must stamp out this kind of thing.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

From BBC Website

They wont be missed in the Premier League

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Too right. I think the only sensible outcome here is a 20 point deduction for palace and a £120m fine. We must stamp out this kind of thing.

This :lol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
In a way Cardiff are right, but I'm sure this sort of thing goes on all the time and frankly it is down to the individual club to manage their own security of team selection.

However as it's Palace I think they should be relegated from the Premiership, and told they are not welcome back until they sort themselves out.

It would be hilarious if the FA do act, but highly unlikely. They have the teeth of an old man that lost all his teeth.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
With players on the move constantly, there must be regular occasions when a disgruntled player texts a mate on the other side. I'm only surprised it doesn't appear to have been sulky Zaha on this occasion.

Cardiff are making themselves look quite pathetic here: I'd like to think even their fans are vaguely embarrassed.

A three point deduction for finding out the opposition'a team. Ridiculous idea.

(Should be at least twenty points :D )

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I quite like that Freedman could verify whether there was something to this allegation about Palace.

I can't see the clubs being punished unless it can be shown it was a management inspired conspiracy. However, if correct, the individuals involved have been a bit naïve to say the least and ought to get their wrists slapped, purely to discourage this in future.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'll bet Pulis knows West Ham's team to face them on Saturday, and how they'll play.

Because everyone does.

Most Premier League teams are 90 percent the same every week.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'll bet Pulis knows West Ham's team to face them on Saturday, and how they'll play.

Because everyone does.

Most Premier League teams are 90 percent the same every week.

Allardyce is probably building a fifteen foot wall around their training ground as we speak :lolol:

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
With players on the move constantly, there must be regular occasions when a disgruntled player texts a mate on the other side. I'm only surprised it doesn't appear to have been sulky Zaha on this occasion.

Cardiff are making themselves look quite pathetic here: I'd like to think even their fans are vaguely embarrassed.

A three point deduction for finding out the opposition'a team. Ridiculous idea.

(Should be at least twenty points :D )

The thing is, as funny as this is, the slightly sinister side is, how often does it happen.

If an unfair advantage is being given to certain teams, then they should be punished - hard.

Especially ****ing Palace.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The thing is, as funny as this is, the slightly sinister side is, how often does it happen.

If an unfair advantage is being given to certain teams, then they should be punished - hard.

I get what you're saying. But how much of a massive advantage is it to know the opponents' team, really?

Would it be of any use to know how Liverpool will line up? Would it help you win?

You still have to do the business on the pitch I guess.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

I dont actually see the issue, so what if they know your team? they got slapped 3-0 that isnt down to them knowing the starting 11.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here