Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The starting XI when Murray signed the first time

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Blimey. I forgot just how low crowds were at Withdean at that time. I do remember that goal celebration though. Bloody silly.

That match was at Northampton away, but the next home match was sub 5,000 too from recollection. Can't blame people for sacking it off at Withdean given the lack of cover and exposure to the elements.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
That match was at Northampton away, but the next home match was sub 5,000 too from recollection. Can't blame people for sacking it off at Withdean given the lack of cover and exposure to the elements.

I'm confused. That goal celebration was definitely at Withdean. I'm certain of that. That's the Withdean North Stand in the background.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm confused. That goal celebration was definitely at Withdean. I'm certain of that.

Murray made his debut at Northampton away, where we lost 1-0, on a Tuesday night.

The following Saturday he made his home debut against Crewe, where he scored twice in a 3-0 victory (attendance 4,802), the other scorer being our very own @Tank.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm confused. That goal celebration was definitely at Withdean. I'm certain of that. That's the Withdean North Stand in the background.

Yes, El Pres was talking about his debut, (away) whereas my posts were about his first goal (which was at Withdean, where he scored twice)
Sorry for the confusion.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I remember the Northampton game well- the away fans were calling for Murray to come on from about 46 mins onwards as we looked so woeful up front.

Happy days...

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Northampton Away, lost 1-0 - I WAS THERE :albion:

(I have to mention games like this as my 'I was there' moment, what with not doing the Cup Final, or either play-off final, or indeed any play-off game, or Hereford, or Doncaster, or any promotion party ever. I tend to reserve my moments for the shite and the dross :down:)

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Northampton Away, lost 1-0 - I WAS THERE :albion:

(I have to mention games like this as my 'I was there' moment, what with not doing the Cup Final, or either play-off final, or indeed any play-off game, or Hereford, or Doncaster, or any promotion party ever. I tend to reserve my moments for the shite and the dross :down:)

Are you going to Hudds?

Mind you they did hand out some nifty Albion rain capes when it was inclement, sure I have one somewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here