Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you could remove ONE show from TV, what would it be?

Albion Pearl Jammer

Jan 4, 2015
Eastbourne
it doesn't really matter does it, don't we all watch TV 'on demand' now. We can watch anything we want anytime we want and not watch the shows we don't like. I cant remember the last time I saw an advert

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
The one show would be the One Show . Just a series of adverts for up and coming programs presented by a pair of muppet s .v if Only it was the Muppet s

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
My wife actually enjoys Come Dine With Me I hate it with a passion, as I do House in the Sun or whatever it calls itself and she likes that too !!

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Grand design.

They make taking a mortgage out look like an overdraft extension. "yes we went over about 800k but it was well worth it, wasn't it darling"

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
The once fabulous Top Gear has now run it's course.
Very little motoring content even for the wealthy.
Sunday's show featuring the herding of cows using a Bentley was dross.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Another vote for X Factor.

The programme is total con. You could argue it started off as a decent talent show but over recent years has become completely unwatchable (for me anyway). It is no longer a competition, even though we are led to believe it is one. The fact is it doesn't matter who wins - its who can make a name for themselves by having the best story and then sell this on to the more gullible members of society. The series they started with live auditions was the absolute killer as people were already performing before audiences before they had achieved anything.

When was the last time a memorable song or act came out of the show? Just a total sham of a show summing up the worst of our society.

And I hate Dermot "after the break" O'Leary as well.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I love the way certain people bitch about a programme but sit and watch it. Why ? Go to another room. Watch another tv. Read. Play with yourself in the shed but ffs stop moaning about a tv programme.
Anyway........The One Show.

Ceej

Feb 1, 2013
Manchester
Jeremy Kyle (many go on it because they get free counselling / therapy / treatment afterwards). It's fricking sad, I walk past the whole sad shower on my way in to work. Metal detectors / planned "interventions" (filmed pregnancy tests in the ladies etc etc), zombies, genuinely lost souls and that sad, sad waster Kyle actually making a big living out of it. Useless turd.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
X-Factor
It's just a TV designed to pull at the heart strings of the lowest common denominator and make Simon Cowell even more rich. It's not even subtle about it. Playing the same sob stories week after week. The same "drama" between the judges. The same "but singing is my LIFE" horse shit.

People have this burning desire to be the pretty face at the end of the production line. That's all they are. They're replaceable cogs in the machine designed to benefit the fat cats at the top. The "winning song" is the jewel at the top of this brown crown made of dog shit. "**** it, feed them the same ballad reworked a little, DON'T FORGET THE KEY CHANGE!".

If you can sing. Use it. Pick up an instrument and start to write songs. If nobody likes them, who cares? Why should you deserve money and fame out of writing songs? If you make people happy enough that they want to buy your music, great. You don't deserve anything just for having a nice voice and a pretty face. I've got a pretty guitar and can play "Sweet Child of Mine". Do I get a prize? Do I bollocks.

People should aspire to be much more. They should aspire to be Freddie Mercury playing his piano on stage at Wembley. They should aspire to be better people and be the masters of their own destiny. Not a puppet with Simon Cowell's hand up your arse.
Christ you're spot on....I despise everything about it and these idiots who sing on there are nothing but puppets and I get annoyed with people who do watch it as they're truly Facking stupid.
How can anybody really believe that the acting judges are being real ffs?
FFS I hate it :censored:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Top Gear and The Bake Off thing. Essentially that Top Gear tripe with smug tw@ts regurgitating the same jokes year after year. Dross.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here