Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think this last one is the key point. It is not a personal attack on anyone to question how much the lies/cheating/interference might have affected the result, it is a general point.

And what it boils down to is this. Did all the sensational and untrue claims and posters make 650,000 of the 17million plus leave voters vote the way they did. If it did, it changed the result.

When I think of all the coverage that the posters of queues of supposed immigrants trying to get into Britain (they werent) and the NHS claims, you have to think it was comfortably more than 650,000.
But equally the remain camp lied to us (all sides do before all elections). They told us we'd be more likely to get WW3, our security would be compromised, and a lot of other nonsense. So did all their untrue claims make 650,000 many remain voters vote the way they did?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
But equally the remain camp lied to us (all sides do before all elections). They told us we'd be more likely to get WW3, our security would be compromised, and a lot of other nonsense. So did all their untrue claims make 650,000 many remain voters vote the way they did?

We aren't yet in a position to know if our security will be compromised. It still could be. The difference with the leave campaign is that we already know it was lies.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Don't you get bored of posting crap? Rates have been lower than they are now a few times over the last 10 years. Rates were lower a year ago.

I read the news, I posted the link. Take it up with the BBC if you don’t like what you read.

But seriously, it’s not a problem. We all have a tendency to dismiss things we find unpalatable or scary. I don’t think any less of you. I couldn’t possibly.

Last edited:

larus

We aren't yet in a position to know if our security will be compromised. It still could be. The difference with the leave campaign is that we already know it was lies.

Actually, that’s impossible as we haven’t left yet.

What we do know for certain is that there was Project Fear. These were all things which would happen as soon as, or soon after we VOTED leave.
1. Immediate £30bln budget.
2. Recession.
3. Job losses.
4. House price crash.
5. Interest rate rises.

Of those, not one has come to pass. So, now we have the Project Fear apologists saying, “Yes, they were wrong to make those statement, but just you wait until we do leave, then it will happen. Honest, would we lie guv?”.

We had all of the same BS about joining the EURO and companies leaving.

The EU have changed tack on the City and now accept that they need access to it. They realise that it will have a major impact on them if they lose access to raise capital. There may some some jobs transferred, but this will be in low numbers (thousands and not tens of thousands).

Lastly, Remainers can’t seem to differentiate between the risk of short-term disruption/impact and the long-term benefits. All this crap about planes not being able to land, you really would have to be a complete moron to actually think that in the 21st century that is a likely outcome. You do yourselves no favours by peddling crap like that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I read the news, I posted the link.
Given the amount of crap printed by news outlets, maybe you should resist the urge more often.

We all have a tendency to dismiss things we find unpalatable or scary.
I assume that's a reference to your coping with the UK's vote to leave.
I don’t think any less of you. I couldn’t possibly.
Likewise.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

So the world is more unstable now, assassinations on British soil, and facing a no deal Brexit. Meanwhile the Leave camp have actually been fined for lies (not that it means fxxk all now, even though I reported then to the Electoral Commission at the time) and you think you actually have ANY moral ground, let alone the high stuff?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I knew there was nonsense said by both sides before the election. Every sensible person did.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

What we do know for certain is that there was Project Fear. These were all things which would happen as soon as, or soon after we VOTED leave.
2. Recession.
3. Job losses.
4. House price crash.
5. Interest rate rises.

Of those, not one has come to pass. So, now we have the Project Fear apologists saying, “Yes, they were wrong to make those statement, but just you wait until we do leave, then it will happen. Honest, would we lie guv?”.

The EU have changed tack on the City and now accept that they need access to it. They realise that it will have a major impact on them if they lose access to raise capital. There may some some jobs transferred, but this will be in low numbers (thousands and not tens of thousands).

Lastly, Remainers can’t seem to differentiate between the risk of short-term disruption/impact and the long-term benefits. All this crap about planes not being able to land, you really would have to be a complete moron to actually think that in the 21st century that is a likely outcome. You do yourselves no favours by peddling crap like that.

What are the long term benefits you refer to?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I think this last one is the key point. It is not a personal attack on anyone to question how much the lies/cheating/interference might have affected the result, it is a general point.

And what it boils down to is this. Did all the sensational and untrue claims and posters make 650,000 of the 17million plus leave voters vote the way they did. If it did, it changed the result.

When I think of all the coverage that the posters of queues of supposed immigrants trying to get into Britain (they werent) and the NHS claims, you have to think it was comfortably more than 650,000.

For the sake of balance, Leavers will argue that some people were persuaded the vote Remain by the prospect of immediate economic consequences (rather than the long-fuse consequences now emerging).

Remainers in turn will mention the Leave claims about food being 17 per cheaper, average families being £200 a month better off, the country becoming much wealthier and, conversely, the risks of the NHS collapsing, of Turkey joining the EU any moment, of EU income tax and of VAT on food and children's clothing. Personally, I think that the Leave campaign's Project Fear more than outweighs the Remain campaign's rather puerile equivalent, and that's without Nigel's brown people poster and his worrying remarks about rape on England's gentle streets.

I'm biased in favour of Remain of course, but I don't think that the campaign director of Vote Leave is, and I believe he has said that the NHS claim on its own pushed his campaign over the line.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So the world is more unstable now, assassinations on British soil
That's while we're still in the EU.
Meanwhile the Leave camp have actually been fined for lies (not that it means fxxk all now, even though I reported then to the Electoral Commission at the time) and you think you actually have ANY moral ground, let alone the high stuff?
Moral ground for what? Some are posting that some of the stuff claimed by the leave campaign was inaccurate - no shit. You do realise that the main people campaigning for us to leave were not actually going to be the government that lead us in the event we voted to leave, so of course their statements on the future wouldn't be accurate.

Meanwhile if you believed everything that the remain camp told us, you're a fool.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
That's while we're still in the EU.
Moral ground for what? Some are posting that some of the stuff claimed by the leave campaign was inaccurate - no shit. You do realise that the main people campaigning for us to leave were not actually going to be the government that lead us in the event we voted to leave, so of course their statements on the future wouldn't be accurate.

Meanwhile if you believed everything that the remain camp told us, you're a fool.

So since the vote to leave, the world has become more unstable and security has been compromised. And your argument is what exactly?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Ridiculous to you - and probably to many of your fellow remainers. You don't like being asked the same questions that you think you have the God-given right to ask others, eh? Probably too stuck in your opinions to understand that though.

And you're not very good at answering questions either. But just carry being a bit naff and aggressive, posting insults; it suits the more aggressive remainers' style, as evidenced clearly on this thread. 'Grow up' ffs - geez, how pathetic.

But it doesn't matter what remain think we are leaving that's the point
If more remain voted leave the result would have been the same, leave
A simple question was asked to leavers and all you can do is put the ball back into the remain court
Which only tells me that you regret it and realise that you made a mistake it's just that you and the others haven't got the balls to admit it
I suppose you think it's all going really well and that Boris Johnson is an honest man of the people.
What are people supposed to think if you can't answer a simple question.
BTW if I thought this country was capable of giving it alone,which it clearly is not, then I would have probably voted leave.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull

2. Recession.
3. Job losses.
4. House price crash.
5. Interest rate rises.

I noticed when reading on the BBC website there was a link to all the documents the EU have prepared in case of a no deal. So I had a scan through the list and chose to read the one on the airline situation to see how they were preparing. I didn’t read any of the others so this maybe a one off. Anyway it was a 3 page document with lots of legalese etc but seem to boil down to only 2 things. UK planes wouldn’t be able to fly to the EU and vice versa.

Now I think that is pretty obvious to the airlines so would suggest this is possibly another piece of EU beaurocracy getting lots of bods to put together a document that didn’t really say anything. Also the outcomes seems as bad for the EU as the UK

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I noticed when reading on the BBC website there was a link to all the documents the EU have prepared in case of a no deal. So I had a scan through the list and chose to read the one on the airline situation to see how they were preparing. I didn’t read any of the others so this maybe a one off. Anyway it was a 3 page document with lots of legalese etc but seem to boil down to only 2 things. UK planes wouldn’t be able to fly to the EU and vice versa.

Now I think that is pretty obvious to the airlines so would suggest this is possibly another piece of EU beaurocracy getting lots of bods to put together a document that didn’t really say anything. Also the outcomes seems as bad for the EU as the UK

Sadly most of our airline rules are in with the EU - so its not just European airspace -

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

The Irish Republic will suffer the worst,although Leo Varadakar seems very slow to understand it.If Irish airlines cannot use our airspace and airports (Dublin to UK busiest in Europe) and exporters our ports,Eire PLC is down the toilet,no matter what the 'clever' posters on here say.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Out of interest how much did the threat of an immediate half a million more unemployed or crash in house prices or the numerous other lies peddled about the immediate aftermath of a leave vote by the Remain side .. plus the ovewhelming outspending by the remain campaign make remainers vote the way they did? Not to mention the gullible types who actually believed a vote to remain was for the status quo or that we would magically be able to steer the EU in a direction more to our liking after in all probability giving up the last chance to exit?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Very quiet on here.Perhaps all the vocal posters went to Ibiza at the same time as HT.What a coincidence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here