Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Sunderland humour at our expense!

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Feck 'em, they were quick enough to pick our skeleton clean re: Johnny 'flying header' Byrne!

Yes. He scored in every round of the FA Cup until the final. Mike Small went to West Ham for £400,000. Scored a lot early on in the top division although I've never seen a player caught offside so often - almost like he didn't understand the rule. Fantastic partnership in 1990/91 season.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I have never seen an albion signing so assassinated before he even arrives.

As number 3 keeper, it’s highly unlikely most fans will get to see him play for us either!

The HGP box ticked and perhaps a side project for Roberts (to make good a former excellent prospect); seems like a good signing for me. I also suspect this makes the other deal more likely.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Kinel , the lad was playing behind a defense that has more holes in it than a ME109 being chased by Tom Hardy not going to be Mr clean sheets is he .

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Maybe McNair is £5m or you can have him for £3.5m if you take Steele off our books!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Maybe McNair is £5m or you can have him for £3.5m if you take Steele off our books!
It seems from another thread (Zero Chance of Signing Anybody today) that Sunderland are giving him away, just to get his wages off the books. Us laughing at Sunderland fans now, I guess.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Kinel , the lad was playing behind a defense that has more holes in it than a ME109 being chased by Tom Hardy not going to be Mr clean sheets is he .

Spot on. Look at how well Stockdale did 16/17 with us, and then his stats for Birmingham.

As for fan views on a player, when Burnley fans read Nsc about Barnsey, they'd read Not nearly good enough for us (League One) and a third of our resident posters offering to drive him up to Lancashire.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
A Sunderland supporting friend of mine says “he’s the worst keeper he’s ever seen.....Must have cost us at least 10 points. I mean, clear and obvious, not like the keeper should have done better” and that “...He has no shoulders And seems to get smaller when he jumps”.

Hardly a shining review. Let’s see how it goes and also hope Mat Ryan doesn’t get injured ever.

Good luck to the man.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
A Sunderland supporting friend of mine says “he’s the worst keeper he’s ever seen.....Must have cost us at least 10 points. I mean, clear and obvious, not like the keeper should have done better” and that “...He has no shoulders And seems to get smaller when he jumps”.

Hardly a shining review. Let’s see how it goes and also hope Mat Ryan doesn’t get injured ever.

Good luck to the man.

Whilst your friend has seen him more than myself, I have seen him play three occasions and then play very well, perhaps it’s a Sunderland thing.

After all the ball would have got past the other 8-10 buggers first [emoji6][emoji2]

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Whilst your friend has seen him more than myself, I have seen him play three occasions and then play very well, perhaps it’s a Sunderland thing.

After all the ball would have got past the other 8-10 buggers first [emoji6][emoji2]

I believe Sunderland fans thought Liam Bridcutt was the worst midfielder they had ever had. I wonder if they’ve had worse now they’ve had successive relegations.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I believe Sunderland fans thought Liam Bridcutt was the worst midfielder they had ever had. I wonder if they’ve had worse now they’ve had successive relegations.

Don’t their fans normally leave their team at half-time?

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Bit different 45 mins and 80 mins ( though neither good).

I think the 45 was more of a protest to what was going on with the club. The 80 mins happens whatever regardless of it its going well. Bit different really that one set of fans can never sit through 90 mins of football.

Actually once at a Brighton game I was very ill and decided to leave at half time (I forgot which but was a Sunday in the first 2 seasons) and was very surprised to see how many others had come from the stadium to catch the train at the same time

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
[MENTION=19107]wakeytom[/MENTION] will take your word for it.

Never seen The Amex or even Withdean empty at half time.

The SoL often appears to have a lot of spaces (I realise it’s 52000 or similar), whereas I don’t recall Roker Park ever having that number of spaces/exodus.

The only exodus at The Amex seems to be 80 mins onwards.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here