Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Who overtakes a Hearse?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
...I mean, in a built up area / non-motorway situation when clearly there's a procession of mourners all following the Hearse - if you do, then have a word with yourself and start showing some respect for others. Witnessed some chavvy oink dodging in and out of the cortege before roaring past finally. Astonishing lack of respect.

Whilst we're at it, 'cause I see this more than I used to and it's likely the same 'types', when those emergency vehicles appear in your rear-view mirror (you know, the ones with the blue flashing lights) then get out of the way and let them pass. Don't wait until they're right behind you either, slow down and move over FFS :censored: Honestly, it could be the difference between life and death and I'm amazed at the number of selfish idiots who don't give way or lack the brains to.

Rant over! :annoyed:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Inbetweeners innit

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
...I mean, in a built up area / non-motorway situation when clearly there's a procession of mourners all following the Hearse - if you do, then have a word with yourself and start showing some respect for others. Witnessed some chavvy oink dodging in and out of the cortege before roaring past finally. Astonishing lack of respect.

Whilst we're at it, 'cause I see this more than I used to and it's likely the same 'types', when those emergency vehicles appear in your rear-view mirror (you know, the ones with the blue flashing lights) then get out of the way and let them pass. Don't wait until they're right behind you either, slow down and move over FFS :censored: Honestly, it could be the difference between life and death and I'm amazed at the number of selfish idiots who don't give way or lack the brains to.

People who are ****S basically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LVGull

May 13, 2016

I was travelling along the A24 the other day. Hearse and procession travelling in the inside lane, and no cars would overtake. They turned left at the roundabout off the A24. No overtaking for 3/4 miles, good to see some respect.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Unfortunately it seems respect is a thing of the past and no longer given by far too many in todays world.

Long gone are the days when pedestrians would stop when a hearse went by, and bowed in respect.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

I don't remember any roads near you that are adequate for overtaking hearses, unless you're talking about the M40!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Best ambulance thing I saw recently. Ambulance going through a traffic jam so cars split both left and right to allow a gap. Smart a**e thought he would nip in behind the ambulance and beat the queue. The ambulance actually stopped, the driver got out and gave the car driver a real mouthful.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Quality rant.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Nobody should,show respect. When I was in police used to salute a hearse,got lots of stupid comments from members of public! sorry an ambulance on emergency or fire brigade of course should

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Half the drivers on the road are generally clueless or oblivious to laws or etiquette on the road, so nothing surprises me

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I tend to give the benefit of the doubt to this sort of behaviour and imagine that the person either did not realise it was a Funeral cortege, or they are trying to get to their dying mothers bedside before she carks it, or they are the vicar presiding at the funeral of the deceased in the hearse in question, and really ought to be there when the guy in the box arrives.
I am sure that usually it's a **** with no respect and no patience, but you never know.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Those bloody cyclists are a law unto themselves! :angry:

And they don’t stop at red.

And they don’t pay Road Tax.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I was travelling along the A24 the other day. Hearse and procession travelling in the inside lane, and no cars would overtake. They turned left at the roundabout off the A24. No overtaking for 3/4 miles, good to see some respect.
My faith in humanity restored. Thank you! :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here