Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jose Izquierdo - ALL CONFIRMED - NEW RECORD SIGNING

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Watford managed to get work permit for Richarlison from Brazil which took over a week so he may not be able to play for a week or two!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'm going with he knows very little.

Sports Journos who aren't willing to put their reputation on the line for an exclusive aren't worth much.

This is probably worth a thread by itself, but the Naylor-bashing fraternity surely need to have a look at themselves after a pretty undistinguished transfer window. As far as I can see, Mr Naylor has been spot on with every rumour he has dismissed, and when he has stood behind a story (Ryan) he's been right again.

It seems that some on here would prefer him to throw out a series of wild punts in the style of certain national writers whose success rates range from poor to those of a blind darts player. Unlike AN, those scribblers are all willing to put their reputations on the line for exclusives, because their reputations are worth zero and another flier that ends up way wide of the mark can't possibly damage them any further.

Let's remember that an 'exclusive' can be many things. 'A story that nobody else wanted' is one well-known definition. But in August and January it's mainly a story that is complete nonsense and that nobody else would write.

When I started writing for Gulls Eye, I chose Not Andy Naylor as my byline to indicate that I was not to be taken seriously. If the real Andy Naylor writes that a transfer is happening, my default position would be to believe it, and vice versa.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
This is probably worth a thread by itself, but the Naylor-bashing fraternity surely need to have a look at themselves after a pretty undistinguished transfer window. As far as I can see, Mr Naylor has been spot on with every rumour he has dismissed, and when he has stood behind a story (Ryan) he's been right again.

It seems that some on here would prefer him to throw out a series of wild punts in the style of certain national writers whose success rates range from poor to those of a blind darts player. Unlike AN, those scribblers are all willing to put their reputations on the line for exclusives, because their reputations are worth zero and another flier that ends up way wide of the mark can't possibly damage them any further.

Let's remember that an 'exclusive' can be many things. 'A story that nobody else wanted' is one well-known definition. But in August and January it's mainly a story that is complete nonsense and that nobody else would write.

When I started writing for Gulls Eye, I chose Not Andy Naylor as my byline to indicate that I was not to be taken seriously. If the real Andy Naylor writes that a transfer is happening, my default position would be to believe it, and vice versa.
My default mode is read rumor, get a bit excited, wait an hour check in with AN on twitter and either get excited or dismiss.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Looks good from the YouTube clips, plus the Leicester goal was superb. Sign him up! :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

But is it just handful slagging off Naylor, their/his noise and repetitive posts giving the appearance of more folk?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Izquierdo is coming to Brighton, you just couldn't make it up.
He will get a lot of stick from opposing fans, I hope they prepare him for it.

izz key erdo I presume?

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
From the youtube footage we may well have a player, if the signing goes through, with the potential to excite as much as Vicente did. Exciting times. Now for a Striker or two!!

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
18161049_214720169029581_4647333044393345024_n.jpg

Jose and Lucho.

Izquierdo ooooohhhhh
Izquierdo ooooohhhhh
He comes from Colombia,
His dog'll murder yer

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
interesting

Assumed left wing was between being solid especially away i.e. Brown and maybe opening up a bit at home ie march .

Unsure now

Glad I'm not CH

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
But is it just handful slagging off Naylor, their/his noise and repetitive posts giving the appearance of more folk?

My issues with AN are nothing to do with his only writing about stuff he is at least 90% sure on and everything to do with his attitude towards fans. He so clearly enjoys having a dig at fans because they speculate (it really is what fans everywhere do and indeed should do) it can be no surprise when they have a go back.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here