Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Have we reached 'peak' Susan Calman?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
She is quite witty and quick with ad libs. She was one of the Strictly contestants but got voted out two weeks ago. She was criticised severely by the gay community for dancing with Kevin Clifton.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Sara Pascoe, Roisin Conaty and Katherine Ryan get more air time these days and a good thing too they are very funny.

Angela Barnes (Brighton Based) seems to be getting more Air time. I think she is superb and deserves to be there.

I went to see Katherine Ryan in Brighton last month, I was really disappointment. You do not like men, men are all ********, we get it. YAWN.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
She is quite witty and quick with ad libs. She was one of the Strictly contestants but got voted out two weeks ago. She was criticised severely by the gay community for dancing with Kevin Clifton.

I don't watch any of that TV, but harangued for dancing with someone?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I must admit that I had never heard of her or even then had any idea of what she did to be a celebrity when she first appeared on Strictly. I think public sympathy kept her in the contest longer than she should have been as she was an awful dancer continually bleating on about her wife watching and encouraging her.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
If ever there was a"face for radio" That'd do it. Would never get a bloke anyway eh? ( awaits flaming and probably deservedly so)

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I went to see Katherine Ryan in Brighton last month, I was really disappointment. You do not like men, men are all ********, we get it. YAWN.

I enjoyed seeing Katherine Ryan but in the same way I would enjoy a non league game of Football. She was pretty sharp when she interacted with the audience but her scripted stuff wasn't great.
I have also seen Rob Beckett and Greg Davies this year just another level. Premier League.

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
I only know her from childrens TV, my littleun was ecstatic when she turned up on Strictly...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Don't bet on it. I thought we'd reached peak Michael McIntyre in about 2010 but here he still f**king is...

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
She can be very funny when she isn't banging on about the lesbian stuff.

Same as a lot of comedians, they can be very preachy, judgy or just boring by constantly going on about their sex or colour. Like all other professions, I dont care what orientation they are as long as they can do the job.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I enjoyed seeing Katherine Ryan but in the same way I would enjoy a non league game of Football. She was pretty sharp when she interacted with the audience but her scripted stuff wasn't great.
I have also seen Rob Beckett and Greg Davies this year just another level. Premier League.

Spot on, when she went off script she was excellent.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
2017 has certainly been The Year Of The Scottish Lesbian.

From Susan Calman on "Strictly Come Dancing", to Kezia Dugdale in "I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here" to Ruth Davidson reviving the Tories north of the border - a right Caledonian Fist-Off.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The name didn't ring a bell but I think I recognise her. I'm pretty sure the only time I've seen her is as a talking head on one of those "Top 100 whatever" shows.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here