Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Pledge to Corbyn!

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I do understand it. It’s a position, an opinion, it differs from yours.

Why do you right wingers constantly feel the need to be rude and belittling in your posts? It’s almost as though you don’t believe that your arguments are sufficiently persuasive. Are you as disagreeable in real life?

i cant believe im reading this , why do we feel the need to be rude ?? i lost mates to those ******** who youre attempting to excuse you prize c*nt !!!

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

It's a contemptible position that deserves condemnation and calling out not mealy-mouthed acquiescence. It's not about right or left it's about universal standards we should all expect from our politicians no matter the party.

exactly [MENTION=5001]The Merry Prankster[/MENTION] knows full well that Corbyn and mcdonnell supported the IRA.

i cant believe im reading this , why do we feel the need to be rude ?? i lost mates to those ******** who youre attempting to excuse you prize c*nt !!!

I do know that they supported Republicanism. I think they have every right to. I don’t think they have the right to support violence and certainly, in the case of Corbyn, I don’t think they have. The McDonnell quote seems to be an (favourable possibly) interpretation of what happened but is not a call to arms.

Again I’d suggest good manners cost nothing.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Momentum are turning me Tory.

This is a very good point.

The thing that gets my goat is their alarming spite towards anyone who might be remotely centrist; "centrist dads" etc. It strikes me that Centrism is EXACTLY what this country is crying out for but unfortunately we have a shambles of a Tory party stuck in the dark ages and militant terrorist sympathising crusty as the opposition. So many voters falling between the gaps.

If only the Lib Dems could get their shit together......

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
This government is, objectively, far further to the right than Corbyn's Labour is to the left. If you can't, won't, or don't see that, you have a very limited understanding of what right-wing and left-wing actually mean (I suspect you see it only in terms of social issues).

You need to stop looking at this in terms of party and start thinking about it in terms of governing philosophy. We've been governed by the same hard-right economic philosophy since the 1980s, and it's a philosophy that before that was (rightly imo) regarded as the lunatic fringe of hard-right thinking.

Oh my God. Words. Fail. Me.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
This government is, objectively, far further to the right than Corbyn's Labour is to the left. If you can't, won't, or don't see that, you have a very limited understanding of what right-wing and left-wing actually mean (I suspect you see it only in terms of social issues).

You need to stop looking at this in terms of party and start thinking about it in terms of governing philosophy. We've been governed by the same hard-right economic philosophy since the 1980s, and it's a philosophy that before that was (rightly imo) regarded as the lunatic fringe of hard-right thinking.

Complete and utter shite!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
This is a very good point.

The thing that gets my goat is their alarming spite towards anyone who might be remotely centrist; "centrist dads" etc. It strikes me that Centrism is EXACTLY what this country is crying out for but unfortunately we have a shambles of a Tory party stuck in the dark ages and militant terrorist sympathising crusty as the opposition. So many voters falling between the gaps.

If only the Lib Dems could get their shit together......

The centrist dads thing is an extremely benign bit of leg-pulling. Especially in comparison to militant, terrorist sympathising crusty.

And I asked this question on another thread the other day. If Corbyn is so off-putting to such a large section of potential Labour voters, how come the number of people voting Labour at the last election increased dramatically in comparison to 2015 when they had a suited, 'electable', centrist leader and positioning?

I have a hunch that Corbyn polarises opinion among people that weren't ever going to vote Labour anyway and a small but extremely vocal section to the right of the party whose number is nowhere near sufficient enough to offset gains with the under 45's.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I do know that they supported Republicanism. I think they have every right to. I don’t think they have the right to support violence and certainly, in the case of Corbyn, I don’t think they have. The McDonnell quote seems to be an (favourable possibly) interpretation of what happened but is not a call to arms.

Yes, yes mealy mouthed excuses etc. McDonnell (our supposed future chancellor) was lauding/complementing an organisation that killed your fellow citizens, men women and children and also tried to destroy our democratically elected government in our city. I'd rather have a sense of decency and morality than be a polite apologist for terrorist sympathisers.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Oh my God. Words. Fail. Me.

His last paragraph was right to be fair. From the end of the war until the late seventies we had a post-war consensus where the Tories were economically left of Blair. The thinkers that influenced Thatcher and Reagan were considered waaaaaay out there in the late 70's. Thatcher had a huge battle to win in her own party to sell the ideas of the free market economists, let alone in the country at large.

Thatcher was as radical to that post-war consensus as Corbyn is now to the consensus that she built. The Tory party pre-Thatcher would be thought of as economically centre-left now.

Last edited:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Yes, yes mealy mouthed excuses etc. McDonnell (our supposed future chancellor) was lauding/complementing an organisation that killed your fellow citizens, men women and children and also tried to destroy our democratically elected government in our city. I'd rather have a sense of decency and morality than be a polite apologist for terrorist sympathisers.

Is that all you can come up with ???

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Is that all you can come up with ???

It's more than enough (or should be). Perhaps you can explain why the dear leader voted against the Anglo Irish agreement and the shadow chancellor lauded the IRA and why the shadow home secretary indicated she preferred an IRA win and failed to admit her past views were wrong in a recent interview? Try to avoid the whataboutery line.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It's more than enough (or should be). Perhaps you can explain why the dear leader voted against the Anglo Irish agreement and the shadow chancellor lauded the IRA and why the shadow home secretary indicated she preferred an IRA win and failed to admit her past views were wrong in a recent interview? Try to avoid the whataboutery line.

Good luck getting more than a few words from our resident cluster****

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

The only man who has campaigned for world peace the whole of his life who is also a terrorist :facepalm:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

10850130_10152633736160369_2181818882875606385_n.jpgleft to right glen ling 18 , graham duggan 22 , kev johnson 20, 1st Bn Grenadier Guards , all died of gunshot wounds 21/12/78 in crossmaglen , i thought id show some REAL people, REAL colour rather than cheap soundbite, im good mates with graham duggan and kev johnsons brothers , tell them that good manners cost nothing , as for your assertion that mcdonnell was merely relaying an interpretation of events , please dont insult my fvcking intelligence.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The only man who has campaigned for world peace the whole of his life who is also a terrorist :facepalm:

No answers to the questions then. *sigh* :facepalm: Champion of peace who only talks/ associates with Sinn Fein/IRA, Hamas, Hezbollah etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here