Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] A new Selhurst

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
You’d think that the ‘best team in the bottom half’ could survive the injury of one player?

As I said, we're not the best team in the bottom half, we've just got the best first XI. Also, we weren't just missing one player. In some of those games we were missing Zaha, Benteke and Sakho at the same time, which would make a huge dent in any side.

Your first 7 home games were Hudds, Swansea, Southampton, Chelsea, West ham, Everton and Stoke?? A lot of them are very winnable and hardly "difficult" fixtures (apart from Chelsea which you actually won)

We beat Chelsea and Stoke and were extremely unlucky to draw with West Ham and Everton. The losses all came under a new manager, trying a new formation, and with a massive injury crisis. Excuses don't earn any points, unfortunately, but we look like a decent side now that we've got our best players back.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
You couldn't make it up.

"For the second time this season they have topped the attendance capacity table with a reported attendance of more than their official ground capacity."

Oh, you have :lol:

You have to count the ones that just force their way in with no ticket and no seat :lol:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Fair play, but about time.

Reminds me of a conversation between an Arsenal fan and a Spurs fan I know after the Spurs new stadium plans were announced. The Spurs fan made quite a lot of the Spurs capacity being deliberately about a thousand more than Arsenal's. So this news, their capacity about a thousand more than our's, coincidence or sad ****ish willy-waving?

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

Reminds me of a conversation between an Arsenal fan and a Spurs fan I know after the Spurs new stadium plans were announced. The Spurs fan made quite a lot of the Spurs capacity being deliberately about a thousand more than Arsenal's. So this news, their capacity about a thousand more than our's, coincidence or sad ****ish willy-waving?

Over 3000 more than the Amex. They won’t fill it when they’re in the championship or league 1.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Of course it is a bit of oneupmanship.

Classic Prince Charming.

But does it actually matter ? ???

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
To put withdean in perspective. My old next door neighbour but one was banned from going to the withdean by his doctor. Reg was in his early ‘70’s and basically got pneumonia from sitting in the rain watching the Albion.
Lucky git! ;) Hope Reg is still with us and enjoying the Amex!

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
He is though doesn’t make all the games. Ironically he was born a stone throw from selhurst.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Hope all the contractors/architects etc. demand the money up-front, considering their record of paying moneys owed...

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
As I said, we're not the best team in the bottom half, we've just got the best first XI. Also, we weren't just missing one player. In some of those games we were missing Zaha, Benteke and Sakho at the same time, which would make a huge dent in any side.

We beat Chelsea and Stoke and were extremely unlucky to draw with West Ham and Everton. The losses all came under a new manager, trying a new formation, and with a massive injury crisis. Excuses don't earn any points, unfortunately, but we look like a decent side now that we've got our best players back.

The point I was making is that your opening 6 home fixtures were in fact fairly easy. Making your original point invalid. I couldn't give 2 shits about how you was unlucky against West ham or Everton mate.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Shirts designed and manufactured by the club - never happened
New club badge - never happened
Relocating to a new stadium - never happened
Refurbishing the wooden shed - ummm

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It’s a shit rolled in glitter.
Anyway, I was just listening to TalkSport on the way back from badminton, Simon Jordan was on ( :tosser: ) and he’s not having any of it, he thinks it’s part of Charming’s tactics to avoid spending money on players in January.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
9457F1A4-64CC-4657-A17F-B0DC44B54C28.jpeg

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
It’s a shit rolled in glitter.
Anyway, I was just listening to TalkSport on the way back from badminton, Simon Jordan was on ( :tosser: ) and he’s not having any of it, he thinks it’s part of Charming’s tactics to avoid spending money on players in January.

That shit rolled in glitter bit made me LOL

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Hopefully the Jerk Chicken shop can continue, a thriving business for the diverse ,multi cultural ,local community.

Well, you certainly have enough jerks around the place on a home game now, with an extra 8,000 jerks about I'm sure that shop will do wonders.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here