Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Beatles stuff on BBC 4 tonight

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe a chance for those who consider them an overrated boy band to reassess. Chance for everyone else to see what a phenomenon they were, rightly or wrongly

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Are there any who are truly that ignorant? Even if you didn't like them, their legacy is immense.

Quite a few on here are.

I don't think Oasis sound like The Beatles. They probably sound more like Slade.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Quite a few on here are.

I don't think Oasis sound like The Beatles. They probably sound more like Slade.
Bloody Hell! Now I've heard everything! Only common factor is two guitars, bass and drums.........so just the same as, well, nearly everybody really, apart from the few that have a keyboard, or manage with just one guitarist.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If you don't like the Beatles you do not understand pop music.

Will download this to watch on the impending trip to Manchester

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Part of understanding pop music is to happily accept that middle aged men can have spent their lives reading and writing about it and will never have the understanding that a twelve year old girl feels instinctively.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Will download this to watch on the impending trip to Manchester

You should watch it on the way to Liverpool.

Jul 7, 2003
Years later i came to appreciate

Apparently John only did one take on this :lolol::lolol::lolol:

As did Beverly Knight when then BBC recreated the album and this is the best cover of this song I have heard by a country mile

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I've only just realised that because it was covered by the Isley Bros it was shit. I bow to the real musical aficionados :bowdown:

(I still think he gave it more than Ronald and i suspect Phil Medley and Bert Berns agree)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here