Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scotland v England

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Quick free-kick exposed us badly. Not a great start.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Hate the apathy around England these days. We are crap is that a reason to not support your own country anymore? :angry:

I also hate the Scottish in a benevolent sort of way. That stems from having been to Hampden a couple of times in the late 80's for this game. It's like the international version of Palace away ...love it :lolol:

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Hate the apathy around England these days. We are crap is that a reason to not support your own country anymore? :angry:

I also hate the Scottish in a benevolent sort of way. That stems from having been to Hampden a couple of times in the late 80's for this game. It's like the international version of Palace away ...love it :lolol:

I agree re the Apathy to England, I don’t understand either, Scotland are extremely poor in in a far worse state than England but I'll still go and watch them because that’s where I’m from.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I think the antipathy towards England is a product of years and years of the press telling us how amazing the premier league is and how the current crop of players were likely to lift whichever trophy. The general public have had enough of that and those of us not invested into the Sky version of modern football do not think the quality of player justifies the size of their remuneration. Shortof actually winning a competition I don't see how they will win hearts back.

*It should be noted that running away with a qualifying group counts for NOTHING.*

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I'll be watching it and can't remember the last time I missed an England match. Yes I know all the club vs country stuff, poor performances, etc but I live in the hope than one day we'll win something .... starting on Saturday by putting the jocks in their place. A bit like when we play Crawley.

as I was saying !!!! best part of it was/is the disappointment on the faces of the jocks

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was expecting a healthy debate on here. ****!

I enjoyed the encounter but it lacked leadership, vision and credibility.

The underdog showed honesty and bravery.

Hang on... my mistake - this isn't the general election thread

theboybilly

we will win, well let you dominate the whole game then a flukely deflection to make it 1-0. To imagine it is now 50 years since Jim Baxter took the piss out of you by playing keepie uppie during the game as we destroyed the world champions- my Dad said it was one of the greatest games of football he ever watched.

Ah, the Jim Baxter keepie-uppie myth. I remember this game not being televised live back then. It was only with the advent of YouTube that I got to see this for the first time. I was expecting something special but....really? In central midfield with nobody challenging Baxter treated the hordes from across the border to 3 touches before laying it off. Paul Gascoigne's goal years later it most definitely was not.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
trouble with England is that think they are Far Far better than they really are
Unsurprising really.

Many of them have been told by all and sundry since the age of 7 years old that they are the elite, the cream of the crop, the best. They have cosseted lives where money has very little meaning, hardship for them is an extra training session. Sky has assured them that they play in the greatest league in the world. Image and ego is everything and self awareness is zero. Their "fans" are treated with a mix of suspicion and contempt.

There are exceptions.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
We have good and very good players but the tactics are all wrong, too slow to attack and 2 DMs?!!

We need to start playing to our strengths which is our attacking players.

We don't have defenders, so let's attack.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Dissapointing England performance. Rashford was particularly poor. Ali and Llana both trying too much fancy stuff whe a simple ball was all that was needed. Dier below par.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
It's eleven against eleven and anything can happen. That is why I would never bet on football but plenty on here do so on you go! I do always wonder how many posts can be explained by a losing punter?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We have good and very good players but the tactics are all wrong, too slow to attack and 2 DMs?!!

We need to start playing to our strengths which is our attacking players.

We don't have defenders, so let's attack.

Absolutely this, plus Livermore was unsurprisingly woeful.

The last 10 minutes was at least "exciting for the neutral" and the stands full of pasty, tracksuit wearing gingers doing w-ker signs when we scored our 2 goals were a delight to behold.

Beyond that though, two pub teams playing unnecessarily defensive formations to the boredom and frustration of all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Loved that yesterday, it was like the jocks had lost at the end. Massive credit to their fans though, huge noise at Hamden

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Absolutely this, plus Livermore was unsurprisingly woeful.

The last 10 minutes was at least "exciting for the neutral" and the stands full of pasty, tracksuit wearing gingers doing w-ker signs when we scored our 2 goals were a delight to behold.

Beyond that though, two pub teams playing unnecessarily defensive formations to the boredom and frustration of all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kane scores seven goals in his last two league games and is one goal off having a goal a game in the league this year, so let's isolate him.

To be fair to Southgate he he the first manager to nullify Kane this season.

I would go - fully fit

Pickford

Keane Dier stones
Walker Rose
Henderson
Barkley Lallana
Ali
Kane

Open yes, but at least it would be entertaining

Only one down fall is pace

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here