Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So which clubs are they ?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Morecambe been in strife for ages

Was my first thought too.

Very small crowds so limited chances for them to generate funds. I think they've been under a transfer embargo for ages.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
http://www.supporters-direct.org/ne...ue-debt-hits-1bn-and-swindon-town-on-the-edge

"Swindon are either headed towards administration and a points deduction, or on the verge of a takeover by a 'local consortium' depending on who you believe, but with reported debts around £13m (they also suffered a transfer embargo for breaking the Salary Cost Management Protocol - the Leagues One and Two salary cap), things certainly don't look as good as they were."

Any idea when that article is dated?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Southend in a mess too. Borrowed millions from Saintsbury's for their 'new ground' and pay rent on their current ground which has seen better days.

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

I looked at that for a while, I reckon it's from a while back.

Not saying Swindon are in an ideal position, but I can't help thinking that article is out of date.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't think so.

Coventry are up the creek, they owe £38 million to a hedge fund and the Ricoh is owned by Wasps rugby club now.

Bolton are in turmoil, having sacked Dean Holdsworth as a director after he arranged a £4 million loan from a mysterious lender from Essex who are charging interest at 24% a year compound.

Orient have not been paying the bills in L2, so suspect they are the party there.

El Pres. I don't understand why much despised SISU continue to hold onto ownership of CCFC. They have no meaningful assets, just a loss making business, the contracts to some lower league players and a place in the Football League which gets rockier each season.

Do you know why they won't reliinquish control to another entity or the fans?

Blackpool is similar, except the equally hated Oyston's have the stadium and training ground assets, with a long history in the town and in owning the club.

Seagull in Range

Oct 20, 2004
Mossley

Clicking on the 'read this' link at the bottom brings you to a page talking about the establishment of a Government Expert Group in time for next season: 2013-14. So the article is around 4 years old.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
El Pres. I don't understand why much despised SISU continue to hold onto ownership of CCFC. They have no meaningful assets, just a loss making business, the contracts to some lower league players and a place in the Football League which gets rockier each season.

Do you know why they won't reliinquish control to another entity or the fans?

Blackpool is similar, except the equally hated Oyston's have the stadium and training ground assets, with a long history in the town and in owning the club.

SISU don't know what to do with Cov. Their original intention was to buy the Ricoh for peanuts from the council, and then flog the club for a profit. When Wasps brought the Ricoh instead they became tenants and now want an exit without losing face.

The Oystons took £11m from Blackpool when they were relegated from the Premier League, and have such arrogance they won't relinquish control as it will appear defeatist.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
SISU don't know what to do with Cov. Their original intention was to buy the Ricoh for peanuts from the council, and then flog the club for a profit. When Wasps brought the Ricoh instead they became tenants and now want an exit without losing face.

The Oystons took £11m from Blackpool when they were relegated from the Premier League, and have such arrogance they won't relinquish control as it will appear defeatist.

I've followed the Blackpool story since the first Oyston, Owen, took control. I feel for their fans, it's like an Archer/Stanley smell that won't go away. The fanbase are helpless.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

The issue is how or what you call the Oystons. They are happy to prosecute anyone. Personally I think they are................................................................................and hope they rot in........................................................................................................................................, w,kers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here