Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Female PA announcer

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
She was awful and the biggest embarrassment was getting Rosenior's name muddled up with Hemed when he'd been down for 5 minutes.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Yes, she didn't have the best of days but it was no big deal. I'm sure she'll get better. I don't know if Kuipers was at the match today but if so he could have told her not to worry about messing up on your first day. I think he had the worst Brighton debut ever and he didn't turn out too bad.

Bit disappointed with some of the comments in this thread though. Football isn't just a bloke's game anymore.

Your right it isnt only a bloke`s game ,but it blo*dy well should be ,and if a bloke was reading that out he would also have been slated mercifully ffs.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Your right it isnt only a bloke`s game ,but it blo*dy well should be ,and if a bloke was reading that out he would also have been slated mercifully ffs.

I've no problems with her getting slated, she cocked up big time, it's these 'get back in the kitchen' type comments that I'm finding a bit depressing, that's all.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
A few things to consider guys. Firstly, it wasn't her first game, she has announced before. Secondly, she's not the first PA announcer to get a name wrong, but it appears for some it's a bigger deal because she's a women! Thirdly, she is one of the regular team who work on the stadium TV output and stood in for our regular announcer who was unavailable today.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
A few things to consider guys. Firstly, it wasn't her first game, she has announced before. Secondly, she's not the first PA announcer to get a name wrong, but it appears for some it's a bigger deal because she's a women!
Tripe. She made a mess of almost EVERY announcement and is clearly not very good at it. Should she get off lightly for being female...?

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
A few things to consider guys. Firstly, it wasn't her first game, she has announced before. Secondly, she's not the first PA announcer to get a name wrong, but it appears for some it's a bigger deal because she's a women! Thirdly, she is one of the regular team who work on the stadium TV output and stood in for our regular announcer who was unavailable today.

Totally agree regarding getting a name wrong and not the first ,but lets be honest she got nearly every name wrong and it takes some skill to do that regardless what gender you are old chap

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Well I think Reynolds can do one, the way she said "Coming off for the Albion" sways it for me.

Ferring Marine

Mar 28, 2014
A bit screetchy, and at one point she lost the script - as Lord Sugar would say - probably not today deer.
Having said that, I think in real life she's beautiful and fun at a drinks party.

D

Deleted User X18H

Her name is Anna Bingham . She sat with us at the player awards . She is thoroughly nice and a good presenter / announcer.

And a professional . Have some respect for gawd sake . She made one mistake

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Her name is Anna Bingham . She sat with us at the player awards . She is thoroughly nice and a good presenter / announcer.

Was that sitting next to you at the Player Awards?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

I'm sure she's lovely. Presumably fit to look at and does a job around an awards night.

She was RUBBISH from start to finish today. Her voice doesn't work on the stadium PA and she was just completely off the pace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here