Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WWE WrestleMania XXX

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Note on the steroid thing, as a whole WWE is now clean as a whistle. They do regular tests, and they have a 30-day, 90-day, you're out policy if caught failing a drugs test (recreational or performance enhancing). They also provide free rehab for anyone who goes into rehab for drug / alcohol related issues if they have ever been employed by WWE (even if they were employed for a month and then spent 20 years in TNA / WCW / Whatever)

However, One of my friends is an amateur wrestler on the UK indy scene and ALLEGEDLY (the rest is word for word what he told me) his friend who wasn't that muscular trialled in the US for WWE, who then told him they liked him but he wasn't big enough, told him to go away and take certain 'enhancers' and bulk up, and told him when to stop taking them in order for him to pass drug testing at the next try out event he was attending.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Grown men who enjoy WWE are always a bit odd. It's just such a bizarre thing for an adult male to be into. I know people like what they like and each to their own and I can see the attraction to some past times/fancies but wrestling? Very odd.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Grown men who enjoy WWE are always a bit odd. It's just such a bizarre thing for an adult male to be into. I know people like what they like and each to their own and I can see the attraction to some past times/fancies but wrestling? Very odd.

Opinions, eh?

"Grown men who enjoy something I don't are always a bit odd. It's just such a bizarre thing for an adult male to be into. I know people like what they like and each to their own and I can see the attraction to some past times/fancies but liking something I don't? Very odd."

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Opinions, eh?

"Grown men who enjoy something I don't are always a bit odd. It's just such a bizarre thing for an adult male to be into. I know people like what they like and each to their own and I can see the attraction to some past times/fancies but liking something I don't? Very odd."

If you are so into opinions why don't you leave people's posts alone instead of using the ancient art of "comically" altering them? Grown men watching greased up muscle boys fake fight for money is ****ing odd.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Would it be weird for grown men to enjoy the movie Rocky and its sequels? In that a fictional character takes a journey, a feud between two people is developed, scripted rivalries go on culminating in a fight between the two men that has been predetermined, is highly choreographed and the two men are performing together to take the audience on an emotional journey with the ebb and flow of the contest contrived for maximum emotional impact.

The same applies for most action movies. Performers pretending to be characters, a feud written to make the most dramatic impact on the audience getting them to care about the characters so when they compete with each other the audience are invested in the outcome, and the fight takes them on an emotional ride.

When I speak of emotional rides, think of football matches. The apparent importance of matches building over the season, making the fans more desperate for wins, the nerves and excitement as the match kicks off, the positive rush of a fast start where your team is pressing and pressing, then that doubt creeping in as time goes by and we still haven't got the goal. The crushing disappointment as they catch you on the break. The worry that it's going to be another loss as the other team gain momentum, then the against run of play equaliser and the sudden rush of excitement because it's still on... and so on.

That thrill of watching a football match is as it is because we care about one team. We are invested in them, and what the result means to the team and us for their overall successes.

A great wrestling match will take you on a similar ride, especially if fans have a connection to the wrestlers and/or care about what issue they are fighting over. Yes, it's pre-determined, and they are working together, but so are actors in movies and you can still enjoy that story. Yes (to varying degrees) matches are choreographed, but so are so many dance performances yet that doesn't detract from the impressive physicality and athleticism.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
He's not wrestling anymore, plus he's just finished filming Hercules which required him to massively bulk up. Although I think that photo was taken a couple of years ago when he was filming Pain and Gain.

I do know he is not a wrestler any more, I actually really like him as an actor to be honest. I was just showing a picture of how big he is. Also I am looking forward to his Hercules film!!

Would it be weird for grown men to enjoy the movie Rocky and its sequels? In that a fictional character takes a journey, a feud between two people is developed, scripted rivalries go on culminating in a fight between the two men that has been predetermined, is highly choreographed and the two men are performing together to take the audience on an emotional journey with the ebb and flow of the contest contrived for maximum emotional impact.

The same applies for most action movies. Performers pretending to be characters, a feud written to make the most dramatic impact on the audience getting them to care about the characters so when they compete with each other the audience are invested in the outcome, and the fight takes them on an emotional ride.

When I speak of emotional rides, think of football matches. The apparent importance of matches building over the season, making the fans more desperate for wins, the nerves and excitement as the match kicks off, the positive rush of a fast start where your team is pressing and pressing, then that doubt creeping in as time goes by and we still haven't got the goal. The crushing disappointment as they catch you on the break. The worry that it's going to be another loss as the other team gain momentum, then the against run of play equaliser and the sudden rush of excitement because it's still on... and so on.

That thrill of watching a football match is as it is because we care about one team. We are invested in them, and what the result means to the team and us for their overall successes.

A great wrestling match will take you on a similar ride, especially if fans have a connection to the wrestlers and/or care about what issue they are fighting over. Yes, it's pre-determined, and they are working together, but so are actors in movies and you can still enjoy that story. Yes (to varying degrees) matches are choreographed, but so are so many dance performances yet that doesn't detract from the impressive physicality and athleticism.

A statement so good it could have come out of Paul Heyman's mouth! This!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
God I hate those bloody awful "i'm gonna strangle your eyebrows to death" submission move.

They totally ruin matches.

Great Wrestlemania none the less.

Cesaro need to become a headliner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here