Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Games - mesmerising or utter tosh?

Kugull

Aug 8, 2003
London
Last night I found myself watching this Celebrity Big Brother meets Superstars mutant TV show. Probably because I love a bit of competition (and I couldn't bear to watch FDM play for 'Ull) I was glued to it. Until, that is, Mrs Kugull asked me what the hell I was doing watching overgrown school kids with massive egos fannying around at their sports day. She had a point and so did Donny Rovers.

Sadly I will probably watch it again tonight if only to see Harvey knock ten bells out of Davro. By the way does Miss World have a name? Or the ability to speak?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Sadly the most entertaining part of the show has already gone, that was watching them train.
Hilarious in places as they were so bad.

The womens hurdles tonight will be amusing.

Other than that its gonna be total rubbish.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
GAIL PORTER TO WIN ! :lolol:

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
:clap: I think it is a laugh the only thing I can,t deal with is they picked the lowlife Hewitt!!! Why???

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
albiongirl said:
I think it is a laugh the only thing I can,t deal with is they picked the lowlife Hewitt!!! Why???
Did they not put him in the wrong show ? Wasn't he not supposed to be thrown out of the aeroplane (with no parachute):angry:

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
No he did a perfect dive last night and didn,t crack his head!! He also sounds like Tim nice but Dim:lolol:

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
Its dogshit. Even the thought of Miss World and Gail Porter in a swimsuit didnt keep me awake.

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
I just ignore most of the shite thats on tv these days.

I haven't even heard of some of the stuff you are talking about.

:clap:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Complete arse, only just shaded to the 'Worst thing on tele' crown by some yank in a box.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I watched it, thought it was reasonabnly intresting but how they can justify an hour for just two events though!

Got to hand it to them though i wouldn't have fancied diving off those boards. Jumped about 10 metres of a waterfall in Wales a few weeks back scared the shit out of me and i got to go in feet first.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
The Games - utter tosh in my view.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
It is undoubted quality and worth the TV Licence on its own. Davro's belly flop in the diving was supreme.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Withdean control yourself! Its not bad though is it. Our tickets for Rushden will soon be with us so prepare yourself for a night of oafishness with myself, Corky, Logan etc....:clap2:

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
A mate was describing it at work the other day, and the words "Bobby Davro belly flopping" proved far too much of an enticement and I watched some weight lifting last night.

It was a bit poo really, the commentators talked up the event to an absurd level when it was clear who was going to win.

No surprise then that it's made by those perennial peddlers of crap TV, Endemol.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here