Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £2m bid rejected by Sunderland for Paddy McNair

Dennis Aogo

Jun 28, 2017
Hi Brighton fans. My good friend Paddy is not a CB or a DM. He started out as a Striker when he was young and plays as a CM these days. Van Gaal played him at CB out of position.

If you want him you may need to up the bid as he has indicated that he would like to stay at SAFC.

p.s. I am sorry that I did not sign for you last summer as reported at the time by our good friend @TheCommander. It was very close.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Or a McCourt

Not that long ago, all our hopes and dreams rested on paddy’s twists and turns.
Amazing ball control and those regular riots were fully justified when he was left on the bench.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
What is clear is that replacement home grown players are going to be a serious issue, especially if £2m bids are being rejected for a relegated Sunderland midfielder but we’re expected to accept £3m for Goldson.

Good point.

I still think we shouldn’t consider anything less than £7m for Goldson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The club wants to strengthen the midfield options, because if Stephens were injured and Propper suspended we'd be up poop creak.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
McNair seems to be a midfielder. Opening ante might be more like £3.5 million?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You would think so, based on limited knowledge of McNair, I don’t think he’s as good as Propper or Stephens.

Maybe the club decided to take my advise and pad out the HGP's quote with lads from Barnet (Barnet/Sunderland not a lot different) while saving the real transfers for Johnny Foreigner. :lol:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Maybe the club decided to take my advise and pad out the HGP's quote with lads from Barnet (Barnet/Sunderland not a lot different) while saving the real transfers for Johnny Foreigner. :lol:

[emoji2]
Presumably, although a ‘wasted spot’, could we name a U23 player as a squad member?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Seems odd that we would go after McNair when we still have Norwood on the books, I assume Ollie wants to play games and has made that fairly clear.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
My Sunderland supporting boss said he was a decent player - although he stopped short at saying 'divvin' gan and take our best player, or we'll gan doon again'. He didn't really seem bothered...

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Seems odd that we would go after McNair when we still have Norwood on the books, I assume Ollie wants to play games and has made that fairly clear.

Not remotely similar players. McNair has been a defender for most of his career and is a defensive or holding midfield player - if indeed he is a midfield player at all.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Not remotely similar players. McNair has been a defender for most of his career and is a defensive or holding midfield player - if indeed he is a midfield player at all.

Well the little I saw him at United he was filling in at Centre back. I took the wise words of NSC and his ability to play in midfield over my own knowledge as I haven’t seen him play in a very long time.

But its a fair discussion point of where we would like to use him. The Home Grown Player seems like it will be a big factor in our ‘squad signings’.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
As a Bruno replacement we wouldn't find better for that sort of price range IMHO

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here