Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who do you consider to be our Bogey team?

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Are bogey teams supposed to be the ones you don't expect to lose to? If so, then it's Crewe Alexandra and Northampton Town.
IMG_3143.PNG

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Brentford, Boro and Bournemouth all obvious ones.

Reading as well. I took great pleasure in the win last year. Wankers.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Are bogey teams supposed to be the ones you don't expect to lose to? If so, then it's Crewe Alexandra and Northampton Town.
View attachment 95517

The Crewe one is really surprising (though I can vaguely remember watching Nicky Maynard having a field day at the Withdean) as we really haven't played them much in our history. 10/18 of the games were played during the Withdean years...

Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 12.32.15.png

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The Crewe one is really surprising (though I can vaguely remember watching Nicky Maynard having a field day at the Withdean) as we really haven't played them much in our history. 10/18 of the games were played during the Withdean years...

View attachment 95520

God I was at that 4-0 hammering in 1995, I think we were 3-0 down after 20 minutes and some us wanted to leave and go to the pub, the stewards took great pleasure in making us stay until about 15 minutes before the final whistle.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

View attachment 95520

In the 2000's, I remember the how the radio commentators would say how we had a bad record against Crewe and how we'd never won at Gresty Road.

I also remember listening to the radio when we did finally win there, and that first win is always a bit more special. I think Cox scored.

Another ground I don't think we've won at is Huish Park. We came pretty close to winning there around 2009/10. I listened to the game in Burger King on Brighton seafront with my girlfriend at the time. I think she was shocked at how annoyed I was when Yeovil scored.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here