Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One club, no ambition.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
But if you just cancelled that would mean you would have paid about 4 months of payments (£192 in my case) for one game.

Not sure that is the best advice tbh!

Yes, that's where they have managed to get people by the short and curlies. You have to commit to pay from June and are therefore always in a catch 22 position. They will always make a big profit from those who give up their tickets before the season is complete. To charge £50 on top of this is just a joke.
They get your commitment and then don't give you their's.

spellfast

Jul 14, 2011
Stone Cross
If you cancel your season ticket before 2nd August, now gone, you get a full refund minus £50. After that you're committed for the season except in exceptional circumstances - the team being poor not being one of them. I guess if you cancel your dd they will cancel your ticket and you will lose the money but in theory I think they could sue for the balance. Not sure on the legal side of things as it seems tricky to sue someone for something they haven't received - namely a series a games that haven't been watched yet.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
His job is to get deals over the line,he very clearly cannot do that,time to go.

Ok, he's had some recent failures, but he's also had some players come in. If we got rid of him in the run up to the close of the transfer window are we not asking for no deals to be done? While, reportedly, some agents don't like dealing with him, I can't imagine any would be too keen on dealing with a club that did that.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I'm finding it hard to blame bloom...His goal was to build the stadium and the academy and hopefully get to the prem,we had two great chances and blew it,not his fault is it?
He can't keep bankrolling our losses every year,its just to much money!!!

I think we need another invester to come in with bloom....we need funds ASAP i would say.Just don't get why anyone can have a pop at bloom,un bloody real.

Maybe it would be better if bloom actually said exactly what is going on,then we may have some perspective in this dire situation.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm finding it hard to blame bloom...His goal was to build the stadium and the academy and hopefully get to the prem,we had two great chances and blew it,not his fault is it?
He can't keep bankrolling our losses every year,its just to much money!!!

I think we need another invester to come in with bloom....we need funds ASAP i would say.Just don't get why anyone can have a pop at bloom,un bloody real.

Maybe it would be better if bloom actually said exactly what is going on,then we may have some perspective in this dire situation.

TB stands to lose (or gain) one helluva lot more than any individual customer. Seems inconceivable he will allow things to just drift downwards on the playing side without some kind of further major injection of funds to stop and then reverse that downward drift. Whether he is able and/or willing to do it without getting another major investor on board remains to be seen.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
TB stands to lose (or gain) one helluva lot more than any individual customer. Seems inconceivable he will allow things to just drift downwards on the playing side without some kind of further major injection of funds to stop and then reverse that downward drift. Whether he is able and/or willing to do it without getting another major investor on board remains to be seen.
Its blatantly clear we don't have the funds to compete anymore...His dream has happened and he's built a sensational infrastructure at the club.The question is can he take us any further?all these clubs with foreign owners and parachute payments are making things way to difficult for similar clubs to us.

I just feel that its really out of order to blame the best man this club has ever had or will ever get again...He clearly stated this club needs to be self sufficient,this will mean no big money splashing.Looking into a invester is the only way we can compete in this division.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
TB stands to lose (or gain) one helluva lot more than any individual customer. Seems inconceivable he will allow things to just drift downwards on the playing side

Quite.

This is the big picture. The Ward thing is a pisser for sure, but it will all get sorted. Tony wants what we all want - a competitive Albion. He won't allow anything else.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Ok, he's had some recent failures, but he's also had some players come in. If we got rid of him in the run up to the close of the transfer window are we not asking for no deals to be done? While, reportedly, some agents don't like dealing with him, I can't imagine any would be too keen on dealing with a club that did that.

We don't need external funds, we have about £15m sitting in our bank account from the sale of our three best players. We just need to get on and spend some of it!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I just feel that its really out of order to blame the best man this club has ever had or will ever get again...He clearly stated this club needs to be self sufficient,this will mean no big money splashing.Looking into a invester is the only way we can compete in this division.

I don't understand what you are suggesting. This 'major investor' wouldn't be able to throw funds into the playing budget. The rules don't allow it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm sure I'm not the only fan who feels this would be a better motto for the club.

Selling our best players, replacing them with players who have just been relegated, keeping the deadwood at the club, playing the hard game to try buy players until the point they move else where, I see no ambition here and TB's 5 year plan to get us in the prem should be more like a 5 year plan to stay in the championship.

During the withdean era, I could understand why we were shit, why we couldn't sign anyone good, so on and so forth, but it's an entire different game now we're no longer that tiny club playing at an athletic ground, I know people keep saying this bit and I'm sorry for repeating it, but we're in a multi award winning stadium, with the highest average attendance in the league, over 20,000 season ticket holders, a multi million pound training complex, we pay ott for food and drinks at the ground, yet the quality of players coming in don't match up.

I can honestly see yet another manger leaving us come the end of the season and worst of all I can see thousands of fans cancelling their season tickets come the end of the month if they don't see investment, which will hurt the club majorly in the long run, surely they can see that.

Are you going to start one of these a day? ???

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We don't need external funds, we have about £15m sitting in our bank account from the sale of our three best players. We just need to get on and spend some of it!

Didn't we have large losses in our first 3 seasons?
Doubt very much we have anywhere near 15 million in the playing budget,be lucky if we have £5 million :)

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
if someone who is paying monthly by DD wishes to cancel their season ticket, they can do so, but there is a fee and I believe it's around £50.

Incorrect.

You can cancel the DD, However you will still owe the club the FULL amount for the season ticket.

I know because my partner found out the hard way last season.

If this was not enforced then the club could have no season ticket holders after a month and there would be absolutely no point drawing up a budget for the year ahead!

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
Im sure a mate of mine who simply stopped paying in the first Amex season due to financial issues, just had is ticket cancelled and nothing else. If this £50 cancellation fee thing is recent (i.e last season) then I wouldnt be paying it if I cancelled as I havnt agreed to this, as the club has simply re-newed my ST year on year, and never presented me with updated T&C's.

Plus if the club dont have the ability to get players in, then I doubt they have the nouse to be able to chase me for £50.

I think you will find the club advised sufficiently in regards to renewing season tickets, the movement of seats etc etc

Once that 1st league game is over that's it, your in for the full season!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here