Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion linked with Norwich midfielder James Maddison

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Maddison looks a prospect but after one good Championship season £25m (reportedly) seems very steep.
Powell at Wigan looks better vfm at half that price but of course he has a history of injuries.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We need to name at least 8 HGP's in the squad...but most of our games this season have been played with a regular 18/20 players then some additional squad members who have rarely featured. We could easily keep Sidwel, Rosenior, Baldock as part of the squad if we don't get a full 25 who will compete for places

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would like us to look at and consider Choupo-Moting at Stoke if they get relegated. A good goal scoring midfielder who gave us problems at The Amex. Scored 5 goals this season which we would love one of our midfielders to have done.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
No way would Madison come to us.

Premier league football, great stadium, realistic chance of first team football, Nice city.......you’re probably right

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
We tried that against an out of form Chelsea at home and were 2-0 down after 5 minutes. Defence were all over the place.
Chelsea were good that day. We have also lost 5-1 when playing standard 4 at back. Maybe he should be midfield as he does have something different about the way he plays forward.

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
He’s English so you add the zeros. And no, it’s not because we want to “buy British” - it’s because you have to name a minimum number of home grown players into the 25 man squad and we’re dangerously low on them. So £25m sadly is the going rate for a £5-8m player.

In that case why not just include one of the U23 boys such as Owen Moore?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I was in Norwich over Easter and got to Carrow Road to watch Norwich vs Fulham.

Fulham were head and shoulders above Norwich and Cairney was pivotal to their play so he would certainly be a worthy addition and add competition to Stephens, Propper & Kayal.

Norwich were completely toothless upfront but one lad who was Maddison caught my eye, as amongst complete mediocrity this lad never gave up and was the one menace to the Fulham back line. It was a compliment to him that Fulham had to double or treble up on him at times. I thought more than his skill, his temperament impressed me, to keep going and driving forward time after time with no support.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I would like us to look at and consider Choupo-Moting at Stoke if they get relegated. A good goal scoring midfielder who gave us problems at The Amex. Scored 5 goals this season which we would love one of our midfielders to have done.

One of our ‘midfielders’ has - Izquierdo.

(I presume you weren’t talking about centre midfielders, given that Choupo-Moting is a forward :shrug: )

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Scored when played as a forward as he did at the Amex...not quite such a good return

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
With Stephens and Propper being our two main centre midfielders and Kayal finally finding form after injury we do need a creative midfielder in the squad. We do lack goals from midfield so Maddison is the right sort of target for us.
Bit harsh as it would push Kayal to being a bit part in the squad, is suppose that's progression of the club.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Then why not just sign a 22-year-old non-league player?

You don't HAVE to name 25 players; but you can only name a maximum of 17 non-HGPs.

In the event that we had 17 non-HGPs and only 7 HGPs, we would only name a 24-man squad, not go and sign Johnny SussexCountyLeague.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Better to spend our budget on two great players now I think than 4 or 5 average ones similar to what we have. We're in a different position than last year. A CM like him and a right inverted winger would be perfect.

Dr. No

Nov 28, 2016

No.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

You want us to take Stoke's striker, convert him into a midfielder and hope he gets the same goal return?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here