Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] What is your 1 favourite computer / console game?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Star Wars on NES pure 8 bit platform heaven.

Brian Lara Cricket for PC -
After months of unsuccessfully trying to work out the best line and length using the top bowlers, I discovered that using Michael Atherton, bowling yorker length leg spin, was simply unplayable. I tried to resist the urge of using him, but as soon as the Aussies were getting on top of my bowling.... On would come Athers.

Ocarina in time - Nintendo64 - the game that made me realise, I just don't have time in my life for computer games.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Old Computer : Jet Set Willy (Spectrum)

Commodore Amiga : Kick Off

Older Console : Sonic The Hedgehog (A game that is on my bucket list to finish before I leave this Mortal Coil! :cool:)

Newer Console : Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox 360)

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
I think I lost a whole Christmas once to Medieval Total War on the PC.....not bad considering I cooked the dinner and had to fit all the relatives and guests. That has to be my number 1.

Started off with the ZX spectrum, now on the VR stuff with an oculus rift which has totally reignited my interest in gaming.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Fable II on the Xbox
GTA III
Red Dead Redemption on the Xbox 360
Currently devouring Farcry 4 one last time before Tuesday, then I'm sure Farcry 5 will be my new baby for a while

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
Fable II on the Xbox
GTA III
Red Dead Redemption on the Xbox 360
Currently devouring Farcry 4 one last time before Tuesday, then I'm sure Farcry 5 will be my new baby for a while

Replayed Far Cry 2 on the PS3 recently. Love how the fire spreads in that particular entry in the series. Got myself in some right old pickles because of it! Highly amusing.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I’ve got the app too! The beauty of that game originally was renaming all the kids and teachers after those at your school! Rarely loaded successful for me though.

The Wild Bunch and Booty were two spectrum favourites of mine along with the underrated transformers.
I've got The Wild Bunch on C64 - remade in the last few years.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
PC: IL2 Sturmovik
Console: Battlefield 4

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
I’ve got the app too! The beauty of that game originally was renaming all the kids and teachers after those at your school! Rarely loaded successful for me though.

The Wild Bunch and Booty were two spectrum favourites of mine along with the underrated transformers.

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/ Have a look there..

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Football Manager, no question.

Any earlier management game where it was all stats and no fancy graphics were the best ones.

I had one in late 90's/early 00s, maybe Champ Mgr, and I liked it cos you got relegated and into financial difficulties. Some games I play nowadays (one on the PSP, I forget the name), it's impossible to finish in the bottom half.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Any earlier management game where it was all stats and no fancy graphics were the best ones.

I had one in late 90's/early 00s, maybe Champ Mgr, and I liked it cos you got relegated and into financial difficulties. Some games I play nowadays (one on the PSP, I forget the name), it's impossible to finish in the bottom half.

Yep, the way they have made some games 'easier' to keep people interested.. I suppose that reflects the state of society, where it's all about instant gratification... nobody can be bothered to graft to achieve stuff these days.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Hearts of Iron 4 - On PC

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
On the NES

I absolutley loved Contra and Double Dragon, it would help both were co-op so me and my brother would play for days.

Also I had a Fifa game pre-licencing and no commentry, which I loved as I would do it all in my head, you could also block the goalkeepers dropkicks and leg it from the ref.

Current Generation, Ive enjoyed Sonic Mania, but I haven't really loved a game since Battlefield Bad Company 2.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

Play the full version, and you will realise it is harder if anything. The mobile/handheld versions of the game are undoubtedly easier but mainly down to their simplicity/the need to streamline the game due to memory limitations.

Always had a soft spot for Lord of the Rings: Return of the King on the Gamecube

Bully also worth a memorable mention but would probably say that Bioshock is my favourite all time. Felt groundbreaking at the time, and after replaying it a couple of months ago (remastered edition), has really held up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here