Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] BT sport is a joke

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
The Livenet TV app and a Chromecast is your friend in these situations. HD quality streams to your TV with little to no buffering. I've watched every single minute of all of our away matches this season for nothing.
If you have an android device you're good to go. I'll post a link below. [emoji106]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
The BT sport app is £5 per month, includes all the matches, and allows you to mirror to your TV.

Though I can never make that mirror to TV to work, for £5 a month staring intently at my phone like a millennial for two straight hours is my solution.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Google treats me like a sentient human being.
NSC treats me like a sub-human blob.

In matters of technology NSC is correct.

My school of 2000 pupils had 1 (one) of these computers:-

View attachment 95197

I didn't understand it then and to this day it's still more technically advanced than I am. :facepalm:

I'll try and sort it out, solo, but I suggest you put all emergency services on standby.

:smile: noted.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
About time Sky made itself available throughout Europe as well. I'm stuck in Czech for a couple of weeks and telly here is crap. And I can't understand it !!

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
Though I can never make that mirror to TV to work, for £5 a month staring intently at my phone like a millennial for two straight hours is my solution.
You're not missing anything. Mirroring your phone screen to the t.v outputs an extremely juddery picture, especially for sport. Streaming is a much better option.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It's only BT Sports who don't.

I'm not sure they would make more money - they've probably worked their maths out.

Since BT don't have the better package they've probably analysed that if people pick and choose the revenue would be down.

I have NOWTV, pay monthly for the footy then cancel at the end of the season.

Brilliant but I do worry about pay per view and it's effect on the league. Realistically the most revenue will be gained from the top 6 clubs.

If (for instance) Manchester United are getting the most per game sales it will give them more ammunition to say we will do it ourselves.

I saw some statistic ( a bit out of date now ) that if Manchester United offered globally their games as pay per view, within a few games the profit would actually outweigh the share they get from Sky over a season.

If you completely keep it in house like that, it will also become technically easier in the future to stop piracy.

The flip side being that Brighton would possibly get less over a whole season than they got in the Championship in collective TV money.

Be careful what you wish for.

Interesting perspective on it. I watch other sports and some of them are only on Eurosport or not on TV at all so guess I was thinking of sport in general in my post. Guess what I hope for is BT Sport and Eurosport to sell decent priced day passes.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I recently signed up for phone+broadband+TV package with BT, it was the cheapest package I found from anyone on comparethemarket and it includes all the BT sport channels (for what is a nominal £3.99 / month within the package

I

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
So I want to watch the game at home on Saturday as I'm having some people round.

It looks like there is no way to pay for just this match.

The cheapest option is £25.99 p/m, 1 month minimum, with a £35 'activation fee'. And that's standard definition, which is sh*t.

For HD is £32 a month 12 month minimum £20 activation.

So it's £60 for the game then. Absolute joke. It's like they want you to find online streams.

As a virgin media customer I regularly phone them to moan about how much everything costs and how I might just have to sack it all in. Their retention team subsequently give me massively discounted sky sports HD and free BT Sport 4K Ultra HD. I have no shame in asking for freebies from a major corporation. I’m from Yorkshire. I barter in Tesco ffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
I get free Bt sport on my phone on my contract with EE. I then use samsung smartview to stream direct from my phone to my tv. stream quality is always decent and works a treat. Sky Go app blocks this method but strangely BT allow it. Suits me perfectly!

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
My school of 2000 pupils had 1 (one) of these computers

Same here, and peering through a locked door like this one is as close as we ever got to it. :lolol:

internal-fire-door-plywood-glazed-jbk-stp-247191.jpg

SpongebobSquarepants

Jun 16, 2006
Sunny Worthing
As a virgin media customer I regularly phone them to moan about how much everything costs and how I might just have to sack it all in. Their retention team subsequently give me massively discounted sky sports HD and free BT Sport 4K Ultra HD. I have no shame in asking for freebies from a major corporation. I’m from Yorkshire. I barter in Tesco ffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't get BT Sport 4K on Virgin Media?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So I now have Redbox on my firestick, what next?

I currently have an awful lot of white boxes with channels from around the world and so far only 1 has clicked into said channel

Last edited:

Kurt Nogood

May 13, 2011
The BT sport app is £5 per month, includes all the matches, and allows you to mirror to your TV.

I haven’t checked but would imagine the app subscription works with laptop, (any OS) and all the usual Android or IOS devices. After that there are multiple ways to get it on your TV, hdmi cable for laptop, tv stick/Apple TV/native Tv mirroring etc..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here