Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ched Evans

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Grow up. It's rape if she didn't consent, it's sex if she did. How a person dresses has nothing to do with whether it was rape or not. However, if, for argument sake, you had an alleged victim who had cried rape on numerous occasions only to have been proven wrong, who regularly slept with strangers with no commitment, who bragged about winning big etc etc, that may have a bearing on the credibility of that person's testimony. It would still of course be one word against another. In this case we don't know what her character is because it was never brought up in the trial!
But there was evidence to convict him wasn't there? And by the sounds of it video evidence .....which is morr evidence than in the "hear say" and "my word against theirs" evidence of the other ENTERTAINERS (football is entertainment. ....maybe not yesterday's game) that have been convicted recently! Rape is rape law is law should someone in the entertainment industry be aloud theit old job back after being found guilty of rape? Shirley the only answer is NO! As stated before if he was an actor , a muscian or an mp would you give yhem their job back? He is a public figure regardless whether he plays football infront of 6000 fans or 30, 000 fans

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Then why mention it? It seemed to me that you were trivialising rape by saying that it didn't matter as she was being sh*gged by a fit footballer

Wasn't rape and I'm sure the Court of Appeal will make that finding shortly. If the Court of Appeal does quash the conviction will look forward to bouncing this thread.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
But there was evidence to convict him wasn't there? And by the sounds of it video evidence .....which is morr evidence than in the "hear say" and "my word against theirs" evidence of the other ENTERTAINERS (football is entertainment. ....maybe not yesterday's game) that have been convicted recently! Rape is rape law is law should someone in the entertainment industry be aloud theit old job back after being found guilty of rape? Shirley the only answer is NO! As stated before if he was an actor , a muscian or an mp would you give yhem their job back? He is a public figure regardless whether he plays football infront of 6000 fans or 30, 000 fans

You tell me? What video evidence was that clearly determines that she didn't consent? I would surmise from your post that you haven't really looked into this at all!!!

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Ched Evans is a convicted rapist who, contrary to popular and ill-informed opinion, has not 'done his time'. He has been released on licence halfway through his five year sentence. He remains a rapist, he remains convicted by a jury of his peers who know more about what happened than anyone on here and, despite the flaws of our judicial system, all the bigoted, misogynistic, half-witted and neanderthal arguments put forward on NSC will never convince me to change my opinion about the following things:
1. He should be on an 'avoid like the plague' list for all right-minded clubs.
2. I'm proud to be a member of the 'PC brigade' who will object, protest, and raise as much negative and vocal publicity as I can if we sign this convicted sex offender.
3. If you're so ignorant as to try to defend his conviction and claim he has been 'fitted up' or similar, then I can only sympathise with your ignorance.
4. I will return my season ticket and bombard the club with as many communications as I can if we sign this man who shows no remorse whatsoever, and whose victim is merely an afterthought to the ambitions of any club who see him as a solution to their goalscoring inedequacy.

I'd rather we were relegated than relied on Ched Evans to score the goals we need.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Not sure it's a question of whether the jury believed Evans or not - after all had he not 'admitted' having sex with the girl there would have been no case to answer. What it all boils down to is a matter of judgement as to whether or not the girl was in a fit state to consent. The only hard evidence was the CCTV footage - the jury presumably felt that this was persuasive enough to convince them that she was so drunk she couldn't give consent.

I can't see how any appeal is ever likely to succeed because this will depend on new evidence that had the original jury been aware of might have caused them to come to a different decision. What new evidence can there be?

They must have something for his legal team to think it's worthwhile making the application. She was alleged to have sent a load of Facebook messages to her friends on the night in question, which were then deleted; maybe they've now come to light.

Either way it's going to be a couple of years before we find out. His appeal now has much lower priority now he's no longer in prison.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Ched Evans is a convicted rapist who, contrary to popular and ill-informed opinion, has not 'done his time'. He has been released on licence halfway through his five year sentence. He remains a rapist, he remains convicted by a jury of his peers who know more about what happened than anyone on here and, despite the flaws of our judicial system, all the bigoted, misogynistic, half-witted and neanderthal arguments put forward on NSC will never convince me to change my opinion about the following things:
2. I'm proud to be a member of the 'PC brigade' who will object, protest, and raise as much negative and vocal publicity as I can if we sign this convicted sex offender.
3. If you're so ignorant as to try to defend his conviction and claim he has been 'fitted up' or similar, then I can only sympathise with your ignorance.
4. I will return my season ticket and bombard the club with as many communications as I can if we sign this man who shows no remorse whatsoever, and whose victim is merely an afterthought to the ambitions of any club who see him as a solution to their goalscoring inedequacy.

I'd rather we were relegated than relied on Ched Evans to score the goals we need.[/QUOTE]

You could go to a Womens Lib meeting every other Saturday instead of going to the football.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

I'd rather we were relegated than relied on Ched Evans to score the goals we need.

What a narrow minded stance.

Yes, he is convicted rapist and as such I wouldn't want him anywhere near our team however if he successfully gets the conviction quashed then that changes. Would that change your mind as well?

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
What a narrow minded stance.

Yes, he is convicted rapist and as such I wouldn't want him anywhere near our team however if he successfully gets the conviction quashed then that changes. Would that change your mind as well?

Absolutely.

I have to trust the justice system as far as I can. Currently he's a rapist. If it's proved he's innocent then he's not a rapist.

My narrow-mindedness is fine by me - it keeps me going to the football instead of a women's lib meeting.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
She wasn't "shagged", as you so classily put it, she was raped. In the eyes of the law he is a rapist. A sex offender.

We only have the justice system. You can't pick and choose which bits you like and which you don't.

Ched Evans is a convicted sex offender and, unless he successfully appeals, is a criminal out on license.

And she was a real 'liitle miss innocence' wasn't she. Going back to a guys room that she had just met for sex? Wonder if would've cried 'rape' if he wasn't a rich footballer? Doubt it. She saw it as a compensation opportunity. I wonder how many women this morning woke up next to a guy after a drunken sexual encounter with little or no recollection of what happened? Thousands i would imagine. Do they cry 'rape' or just get on with their lives? If they all cried rape there would be some very overcrowded police cells this and every Sunday morning.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wasn't rape and I'm sure the Court of Appeal will make that finding shortly. If the Court of Appeal does quash the conviction will look forward to bouncing this thread.

You're one very weird ****er if this is how you get your kicks. Irrespective of the case itself don't you think the subject matter itself makes this a little insensitive?

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Absolutely.

I have to trust the justice system as far as I can. Currently he's a rapist. If it's proved he's innocent then he's not a rapist.

My narrow-mindedness is fine by me - it keeps me going to the football instead of a women's lib meeting.

Give me Ched Evans over Sam Baldock, far better bet to propel us up the table. If he was to sign (don't think he will as Sheffield United seem like they will) there would be an initial fuss but once he started scoring goals it would soon all be forgotten. The I've 'torn up my season ticket' brigade wouldn't be missed.

I hope Sheff United do re-sign him as I've got a big bet on them to win the league and his goals would certainly help.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
And she was a real 'liitle miss innocence' wasn't she. Going back to a guys room that she had just met for sex? Wonder if would've cried 'rape' if he wasn't a rich footballer? Doubt it. She saw it as a compensation opportunity. I wonder how many women this morning woke up next to a guy after a drunken sexual encounter with little or no recollection of what happened? Thousands i would imagine. Do they cry 'rape' or just get on with their lives? If they all cried rape there would be some very overcrowded police cells this and every Sunday morning.
A completely irrelevent point.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
You're one very weird ****er if this is how you get your kicks. Irrespective of the case itself don't you think the subject matter itself makes this a little insensitive?

Am i a weird ****er because I have views that you don't agree with? Did I mention 'kicks' I'm sure I didn't. Said will 'look forward' to bouncing this thread should his conviction be quashed, I didn't say 'I will get a kick out of bouncing this thread.'

As for 'insensitive' not in the least. Plenty of posters have contributed to the thread, the tile of the thread 'Ched Evans' kind of offers a clue as to whats it content is likely to contain, if for some subscibers to NSC the subject matter is an emotive one for whatever reason, then simply don't open the thread.

Resorting to personal insults against posters who have views that differ to yours detracts rather than adds to the validity of your arguements in my opinion.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Am i a weird ****er because I have views that you don't agree with? Did I mention 'kicks' I'm sure I didn't. Said will 'look forward' to bouncing this thread should his conviction be quashed, I didn't say 'I will get a kick out of bouncing this thread.'

As for 'insensitive' not in the least. Plenty of posters have contributed to the thread, the tile of the thread 'Ched Evans' kind of offers a clue as to whats it content is likely to contain, if for some subscibers to NSC the subject matter is an emotive one for whatever reason, then simply don't open the thread.

Resorting to personal insults against posters who have views that differ to yours detracts rather than adds to the validity of your arguements in my opinion.

"Looking forward", according to the dictionary is to "feel pleased and excited." Which is pretty much the same as getting your kicks is it not? And yes this is an emotive subject but it can be discussed in a sensitive way; which most posters seem to be doing. You're not. And I stand by my comment. You are coming across as a bit weird because you're too enthusiastic about this topic, quite childish, flippant and belittling of the subject (see post 347) and too suppositional at times. Ordinarily I would not have an issue with any of these, although the latter point is not a good trait to carry into a debate, but the subject matter changes things.

I'm going to duck out now as rape isn't something I really wish to spend my Sunday afternoon discussing.

Aug 23, 2011

Just because she wanted to have sex with one man doesn't make it open season. I really like chocolate, I don't want to be force fed it though. Surely compensation would be easier to get blackmailing him (tell his girlfriend) or selling story to newspaper? Is your biggest problem with the victim her promiscuity?

They must have something for his legal team to think it's worthwhile making the application. She was alleged to have sent a load of Facebook messages to her friends on the night in question, which were then deleted; maybe they've now come to light.

Either way it's going to be a couple of years before we find out. His appeal now has much lower priority now he's no longer in prison.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29679563

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here