Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was Enoch Powell correct?

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
I think he was wrong.

Having said that, I have absolutely no problem with any ethnic group coming to Britain, but i do have a problem with the very small percentage of people who have such extreme views that they are happy to kill to get them across.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Nothing you have written in that sentence is the least bit true. And there are over 12,000 studies on it. Do some research before you give it the big one yeah?

you first said "over 10000 independent studies" which is what i picked up on, and i see you now back track with 12000 studies. i imagine ther certainly are that many papers, but theres a difference between an independent piece of research and those studies depending on others data or simply reviewing other studies. the data climate science uses comes from a few satellites, a few key locations (often changing so not consistant) and studies of historic temperature based on a handful of research - any of this false? the predicted rise has stopped, as shown in diagram here, where the graph goes flat at the end, or this page that shows very clearly a peak in 1998 and no year since that has gone higher. if you started a trend line in 1998-9 it bearly inclines, try it in excel/calc this morning. did i miss anything? maybe i could ask if theres an explaination for the flat period in ~1940's to ~1980?

terribly off topic, but thats the joy of NSC.

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
Or as Stewart Lee put it:

"My name’s Paul Nuttall from UKIP, and I say we need to ensure the brightest and best Anglo-Saxons stay in 5th Century Northern Continental Europe, instead of coming over here to the UK and laying down the basis of our entire future language and culture."

[video]http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/05/20/stewart-lee-paul-nuttall-ukip_n_5357513.html[/video]

Do you remember the nothing days? I liked it when there was nothing.

Watched on daily motion.com. Never seen it. It's comedy genius.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Bloody Poles! Coming over here and speaking our language a lot better than a lot of natives...

We made allot of countries British wuth the empire and many countries such as india fought in the world wars etc and as we made yjem british shirley they have a right to come to britian, the eastern europeans however........
... for example, the Poles, fought valiantly for the Allies only in the second world war.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
... for example, the Poles, fought valiantly for the Allies only in the second world war.

But poland were forced to be british like the days of the empire, I think other cultures who were especially the indians have brought allot of culture to britian, however we are a very small island and do not have enough houses for everyone and the huge increase in poles etc is now becoming an issue

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
you first said "over 10000 independent studies" which is what i picked up on, and i see you now back track with 12000 studies. i imagine ther certainly are that many papers, but theres a difference between an independent piece of research and those studies depending on others data or simply reviewing other studies. the data climate science uses comes from a few satellites, a few key locations (often changing so not consistant) and studies of historic temperature based on a handful of research - any of this false? the predicted rise has stopped, as shown in diagram here, where the graph goes flat at the end, or this page that shows very clearly a peak in 1998 and no year since that has gone higher. if you started a trend line in 1998-9 it bearly inclines, try it in excel/calc this morning. did i miss anything? maybe i could ask if theres an explaination for the flat period in ~1940's to ~1980?

terribly off topic, but thats the joy of NSC.

12,000 is over 10,000 last time I checked.

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
we are a very small island and do not have enough houses for everyone and the huge increase in poles etc is now becoming an issue

In that case you should retaliate by moving to Poland in droves. My invitation from the other thread still stands...

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...tion-soaring&p=6543257&viewfull=1#post6543257

... it's a win/win situation--Britain will be less crowded and Poland will benefit in the areas of football and literature. We can take 23 million of you, and we will still be less crowded than Italy. It's amazing that nobody has ever thought about it before!
It is perhaps not a very modest thing to say, but I am sometimes surprised by my own ingenuity.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
In that case you should retaliate by moving to Poland in droves. My invitation from the other thread still stands...

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...tion-soaring&p=6543257&viewfull=1#post6543257

... it's a win/win situation--Britain will be less crowded and Poland will benefit in the areas of football and literature. We can take 23 million of you, and we will still be less crowded than Italy. It's amazing that nobody has ever thought about it before!
It is perhaps not a very modest thing to say, but I am sometimes surprised by my own ingenuity.

i haven't been myself,but i have a brother who's been and he said only good things about the place

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Can't stand this British values and immigration debate. Economic, Social and environmental problems aren't caused by people moving from the country they were originally born in they're caused through an unequal distribution of power and money.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
What he couldn't have accounted for, besides the eastern European influx, was the fact that almost 50 years later the racist element in this country have a real problem when whipping up hate against the blacks/ Asians etc in the fact that we now have the Jeremy Kyle generation who are a white British underclass who don't work but sponge off the state and produce another potential generation of scumbags.

You only have to look at a lot of Council estates, half a century ago these were full of hardworking working class families, with very little unemployment, crime, drugs or other social problems, not the case now?

What's the answer?

A strong leader probably of the ilk of Powell or even Thatcher, but as the problems in Rotherham have proved one of the hardest things will be reversing the PC brigades apparent hold on this country.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Sorry but the main issue for me is the Islamic extremists having been fighting 'the cause' in Syria and Iraq are allowed to enter freely back into Britain. You couldn't make this shit up. Time for people to get their heads out the sand.
True...If IS get their way you won't have a head to put in the sand.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Can't stand this British values and immigration debate. Economic, Social and environmental problems aren't caused by people moving from the country they were originally born in they're caused through an unequal distribution of power and money.

You really believe that? What a crock of shite

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here