Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone / stikers

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's a real shame that both Locadia and Andone have missed large parts of pre-season. We've had them both all summer so it was the perfect opportunity to get them up to speed and integrated but they've barely kicked a ball. It would have been excellent to be able to have them both hit the ground running from the first whistle of the season instead of having them play catch up.

This is Brighton....you expected a perfect pre-season and a glut of strikers available for the first game? :wink:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
It's a real shame that both Locadia and Andone have missed large parts of pre-season. We've had them both all summer so it was the perfect opportunity to get them up to speed and integrated but they've barely kicked a ball. It would have been excellent to be able to have them both hit the ground running from the first whistle of the season instead of having them play catch up.

It's about patience though not the first game, look at last season?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I don't understand why Jose isn't fit. OK he was at the world cup but still trained. Did he pick up and injury out there or something? Feels like we are going back to square one with him and it'll take three months to get him playing well again.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I don't understand why Jose isn't fit. OK he was at the world cup but still trained. Did he pick up and injury out there or something? Feels like we are going back to square one with him and it'll take three months to get him playing well again.

He had an enforced 3 weeks off after the World Cup, so hasn't had much time to play since returning.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Andone situation is a bit strange, if he isn’t available for squad selection for Man U game, something is odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Andone will probably be back for Fulham, Izquierdo probably the same. With United and Liverpool so early CH will probs take the time to make sure they're 100% before they come back. Nothing to base this on obviously, just an educated guess on the way CH has done things previously.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Christ there are some weird opinions on this fred.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Had no one worked out not seeing him in pre season was a terrible sign and the club keeping very quiet about any injury even stranger.

Andone no doubt will need an Op on his groin if it doesnt clear up soon.

- the club haven’t kept quiet about him. Or his fitness. Mentioned in multiple press conferences.
- he played in pre season
- it has cleared up which is why he’s going back into training “Tomorrow or Monday” says Hughton today.,
- but you’d probably let him know he needs an Op, the poor lad.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Andone to be our top scorer this season. Locadia second top scorer.

Calling it now. Based on nothing but wanting to balance some of the pessimism with unrestrained optimism.

I think they will be level with 25 goals each, Knocky and Izzy both clearing 15 goals each

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I think we'll struggle to score goals again this season from the recognised strikers, hoping the rest of the team's contribution is much greater than last.

Murray is still our best striker by some distance and we all know he can't play week in/out or even 90mins. Locadia doesn't strike me as reliable, Hemed tries hard but...Finally, I just have this feeling that Andone won't cut it. As for all the exciting promise of development signings, well, as we've seen, some aren't even geographically close to playing in the first term let alone bench warmers.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
- the club haven’t kept quiet about him. Or his fitness. Mentioned in multiple press conferences.
- he played in pre season
- it has cleared up which is why he’s going back into training “Tomorrow or Monday” says Hughton today.,
- but you’d probably let him know he needs an Op, the poor lad.

Ok mate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here