Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] East Sussex County Council cuts services to 'legal minimum'

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Didn't say they were spongers, just think they should contribute to local services if they are going to live here. Doesn't have to be 100%, but 8 students in a HMO generate a lot of waste, use roads and local amenities and should contribute to the police force that keep them safe.

The idea of having different rates of charge for this and any number of other things (rail fairs, prescription charges, BHA season tickets) basd on demographics seems very fair but it is very complicated and expensive to manage. The great proponent of this, wrt taxes and benefits, was the great......Gordon Brown.

Keep it simple. It requires fewer people to curate and is cheaper. And fewer cock ups. After all, do you select a dose of paracetamol based on body weight? Strictly speaking this is the most appropriate way of doing drugs. But....we don't.

Anyway, moving on....

edit I see [MENTION=600]Bry Nylon[/MENTION] has beat me to it, albeit more succinctly :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Doesn't matter who is in power too many people take the piss and then moan the services are shit. If you pay **** all in you don't deserve to get **** all out. Why should your next door neighbour get up go to work wihile you claim this that and the other then complain the waiting list for your bad back is too long.

Also the council is run by pc idiots that love wasting money, they should be run like a business by proper business men/women rather than limp wristed health and safety red tape loving twats. Go into Hove town hall and see the slowest workers ever, that's if they are not on their 2 hourly comfort break or seeing the overpaid councillor who will sign them off for 6 months because of stress.

Your thoughts are disordered and you conflate many issues but the gist of it resonates. There are silos of total dysfunction in the public sector. No concept of 'service'. In the commercial sector, well, there would be no 'business'. It would be out of business.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Mmm, conveniently forgetting that the reason why the Tories are cutting is because the last Labour government left no money and a mess. But hey, we’ll gloss over that one.

End off,pay YOUR debt off First. As for L/A wasting money even those against cuts can see waste.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
The idea of having different rates of charge for this and any number of other things (rail fairs, prescription charges, BHA season tickets) basd on demographics seems very fair but it is very complicated and expensive to manage. The great proponent of this, wrt taxes and benefits, was the great......Gordon Brown.

Keep it simple. It requires fewer people to curate and is cheaper. And fewer cock ups. After all, do you select a dose of paracetamol based on body weight? Strictly speaking this is the most appropriate way of doing drugs. But....we don't.

Anyway, moving on....

edit I see [MENTION=600]Bry Nylon[/MENTION] has beat me to it, albeit more succinctly :lolol:

:bowdown:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Let's not forget the sum of up to £7bn (Guardian figure) to rebuild the Houses of Parliament, I can't remember any MPs of any persuasion complaining about that.

This I wrote to my MP about at the time suggesting that the building was no longer fit for purpose and that it should be handed to the National Trust as a museum, and instead outsource new parliament buildings to a company such as Travel Lodge to build a hotel conference centre some where in the Midlands each MP would be given an office, bedroom with lounge for their exclusive use while a sitting MP, the hotel would have a Gym, pool, resturants, media outlets etc, in a stroke we could remove the temptation for MPs to make errors with expense returns and the need for buying of second homes, I also suggested that in these times of austerity the repairs to Buckingham Palace should not be funded by the tax payer and instead offered the following advise for both my MP and the Queen that if the roof is leaking to do what the rest of us do and put a bucket under it, I asked if my MP would support these suggestions and put them to the house?

I received a reply from my Tory MP who politely told me to swivel on it

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If parents can't afford to feed their children, then they need help to manage their spending, not blame 'The Government'

Once we have left the EU we can scrap the VAT on women's sanitary products and make them cheaper. One of the benefits of Brexit.

VAT free sanitary towels, the end to our economic woes. Why did no one think of that sooner!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
This I wrote to my MP about at the time suggesting that the building was no longer fit for purpose and that it should be handed to the National Trust as a museum, and instead outsource new parliament buildings to a company such as Travel Lodge to build a hotel conference centre some where in the Midlands each MP would be given an office, bedroom with lounge for their exclusive use while a sitting MP, the hotel would have a Gym, pool, resturants, media outlets etc, in a stroke we could remove the temptation for MPs to make errors with expense returns and the need for buying of second homes, I also suggested that in these times of austerity the repairs to Buckingham Palace should not be funded by the tax payer and instead offered the following advise for both my MP and the Queen that if the roof is leaking to do what the rest of us do and put a bucket under it, I asked if my MP would support these suggestions and put them to the house?

I received a reply from my Tory MP who politely told me to swivel on it

Looks like you put a lot of thought into that plan.!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here