Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] monks farm planning

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No reference to those lights that I can see. There is to be a new roundabout but that isn’t as far down as the airport lights, it’s around the location of the traveller site unless I’ve misunderstood something, which if I have I apologise.

a2a6cf4028903914dcef03cd9a4d2dc9.jpg

Of course, a new roundabout with 400 odd dwellings worth of morning commuter traffic is also only going to make the congestion worse, there is no way on earth this will lead to anything more than more traffic in the morning and evening commuter time.

The only new roundabout i was aware of is the proposed modifications to the existing Lancing Manor one.

Edit ....Just seem Large Ones post...very useful link by him

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
TG, which is being renamed to Station Square, is currently being knocked down by the council to speed up its development.

The new development, which they hope to complete by 2021, will contain homes, a supermarket, restaurants/cafes and a gym.

www.ourstationsquare.com

I think planning permission has been granted for other projects in the past, but the developers never followed through.

:thumbsup:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You seem to be of the opinion that traffic from the New Monk's Farm will be huge and constant. Where does this come from? Two, maybe three IKEA delivery trucks a day - usually in the dead of night. 10 cars a minute from NMF at rush hour.

IKEA doesn't open until 10am, and closes either at 9 or 10pm.

What's LBP?

You forgot the Ikea staff...not that it would add to much :)
Least they might miss the rush hour which will be good for them

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
South Downs destroyed? Dear oh dear. I sincerely hope you are wrong about Worthing because that is the single biggest barrier to development and progression in this part of the world (OK, the absolute dire situation of the Beddingham to Polegate road is a very close second).

We cannot continue to blithely think that, as our population continues to grow, that we can somehow rely on an outdated strategy of improving public transport. We are a nation of drivers, and sooner or later somebody has to respect that and do the development.

I can only take it you have never lived in Brighton - otherwise you wouldn't make such a daft comment about the bypass. Can you possibly imagine where we would be without it now - the thought is bordering on the vomit-inducing.

The rear most Worthing route often put forward would destroy some downland. Fact. It will never happen anyway, especially now the SDNP exists. The bulldozing of the the Newbury, Winchester and Brighton bypasses took place in a more car is king age.

Lifelong Brightonian. Totally agree that the Bypass has been a 'success'. You may be too young, but I remember the hell of Preston Circus, Old Shoreham Road, and Bear Road/Vogue before. (Ironically, they're often hellish now, as vehicles numbers and journeys made have increased exponentially). Just shame that the Brighton bypass didn't contain a much longer Southwick tunnel to the east and one under Stanmer/Ditchling Road area.

Plus there was a lie. When the Brighton bypass was proposed, it was said that the farmland etc enclosed wouldn't ever be built on , with an expanding urban sprawl. Bollocks. It's gradually being concreted over on its entire length.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You forgot the Ikea staff...not that it would add to much :)
Least they might miss the rush hour which will be good for them

I'm led to believe that they will be encouraging locals to work there.

I've also just noticed that there is an access to the new development from the southern end - right past the entrance to the training ground. That could end up making it a bit of a cut-through. That'll go down well with the residents of Mash Barn Lane. Not.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm led to believe that they will be encouraging locals to work there.

I've also just noticed that there is an access to the new development from the southern end - right past the entrance to the training ground. That could end up making it a bit of a cut-through. That'll go down well with the residents of Mash Barn Lane. Not.

:D.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The roundabout replacing the traffic lights on the map shown on a previous page seems to do away with access to the Coombes road ?

For westbound traffic, yes. You'd have to do a U-turn at the new roundabout if you were coming from the east on the A27.

It's looks like a new slip road is being built for eastbound traffic though.

If you're coming from Coombes and want to head east on the A27, you're OK. If you want to head west - you're screwed. Basically, you'd have to join the A27 eastwards, come off at the huge flyover, do a U-turn at the roundabout on the valley floor, and head back up, and west from there.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I do use the steyning bypass, and get on the A27 at shoreham, the queue in towards Lancing is bearable, but it’s the queue the other way that is a farce, every morning the queue joins up all the way to Swandean on the other side of Worthing, all because of the Sussex Pad lights. If they weren’t there, the queue wouldn’t join up and there would be much freer flowing traffic. This was categorically proven when after the shoreham aircrash those lights were closed for a number of weeks, and the traffic flowed massively better, and the queue didn’t join up all along the A27 through to the other side of Worthing.

Which is why the roundabout is a big part of the planning application and should help the traffic flow.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013

Only during construction.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Plus there was a lie. When the Brighton bypass was proposed, it was said that the farmland etc enclosed wouldn't ever be built on , with an expanding urban sprawl. Bollocks. It's gradually being concreted over on its entire length.

Where? In most places along the route, there's hardly enough land between housing and the bypass for there to be farmland? The only places I can think of are Toads Hole Valley and the land around The Amex. Which farmland are you referring to?

And for the record, I grew up living behind Preston Circus so am extremely familiar with Viaduct Road, Upper Lewes Road, etc

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
https://www.facebook.com/AdurWorthi...LRj99TiEQ1nChaiTuF9UzvfVVYj-WDBehlV4w&fref=nf

Revised plans for a major new development in Lancing have been revealed - with members of the public invited to have their say.

Adur District Council has received an updated proposal from New Monks Farm Development, which is a subsidiary of Brighton & Hove Albion FC, for the New Monks Farm site.

In addition to 600 homes and IKEA superstore, the application also includes the planned creation of a new roundabout on the A27, a country park, school and community hub. It would also see the relocation and expansion of the Withy Patch Gypsy and Traveller site.

Revised plans for a separate application for the creation of 2,500m2 of commercial space in Shoreham Airport have also been resubmitted (see below).

More than 1,500 letters have been sent to local residents and business informing them of the revised applications.

Members of the public now have until 25th June 2018 to have their say on both.

The initial plans for New Monks Farm were submitted last summer. Since then the applicant made changes to the application February. After listening to feedback, further alterations have now been put forward.

These are:

-revised IKEA drawings, which includes a green roof;
-changes to the north elevation of the IKEA building;
-improvements to the River Adur footpath;
-revised residential drawings.

The application for the site, located to the east of Mash Barn estate and to the north of Brighton & Hove Albion's training ground and next to Shoreham Airport, is 1,200 pages long.

It is described as a hybrid, which means some aspects are for full permission; while others are for outline, which requires a further detailed application at a later date.

The residential part of the plan includes 30% affordable homes, which is in line with the recently adopted Adur Local Plan.

A decision on the proposal will be made by planning committee in the coming months.

To view the plans and have your say please use the link below:
https://planning.adur-worthing.gov.uk/…/applicationDetails.…

Revised plans for the industrial space in Shoreham Airport provide further information on building heights, colours, roof form and lighting.

To view the plans and have your say please use the link below:
https://planning.adur-worthing.gov.uk/…/applicationDetails.…

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Some good news.

Parish council has rejected the proposals. Hopefully whole thing will be thrown out next month.

It's very Marmite, almost as many people in the area would welcome the store and the jobs it will create as those who object. Going to upset people either way.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
In my experience parish councils are terribly unrepresentative of the local people. They tend to be populated by self important fools with an axe to grind who enjoy telling people what to do. They're of about as much use as neighbourhood watch schemes.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
In my experience parish councils are terribly unrepresentative of the local people. They tend to be populated by self important fools with an axe to grind who enjoy telling people what to do. They're of about as much use as neighbourhood watch schemes.

That has to be the best description of a parish council I've ever seen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here