Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Knockaert moving ....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
have a mate who drives an RS (A) 7, 0-60 3.7 seconds 552 BHP twin turbo V8 £97k without the extras, a bad car it isnt

I’d prefer the G Wagon in the photo of AK in his weird get up. My wife wears jumpers like that, without wanting to do a Shane Duffy, it looks like a dress to me :smile:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Thanks. In your opinion, for 110 in a 70, would a 9 or 12 month ban be disproportionate?

The speeding guidelines for 110 mph in a 70 are 6 points OR disqualify for up to 56 days, so yes 6 or 12 months would be disproportionate.

I'm always amused when the "Hang 'em and Flog 'em" brigade start clattering on about how its ridiculous and how any sentence should have been more severe when most people have never seen the inside of a court or the workings of the law.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Shame it’s not means tested rather than a few minutes wages in this case. Or make him do some proper community service like litter picking on the A27

Of course it IS means tested!

Do you think 19 year old Wayne from Hangleton, caught gunning his Vauxhall Nova (nice purple neons under the trim) down the A27, would have been fined £20,000!?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The speeding guidelines for 110 mph in a 70 are 6 points OR disqualify for up to 56 days, so yes 6 or 12 months would be disproportionate.

I'm always amused when the "Hang 'em and Flog 'em" brigade start clattering on about how its ridiculous and how any sentence should have been more severe when most people have never seen the inside of a court or the workings of the law.

Thanks. So, given it seems the bench sentenced for a Cat 1 offence, the 56 day ban could possibly be increased (since he was given 9 points and not 6)? But to nowhere near the 6 month ban he’ll now get if he gets another 3 points. Your sword of Damacles assessment of the sentencing seems entirely accurate, and appropriate!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Hang on - I was under the impression that anything greater than 30mph over the speed limit was an insta-ban. 110mph - hmmm. Beak an Albion fan? Hush my mouth.

Reading the article, it says the Police reached speeds of up to 110mph, I guess they weren't actually able to measure the speed AK was driving at, therefore unable to enforce that rule.

That said though, footballers have a habit of wriggling out of that one anyway, I seem to recall Rio Ferdinand doing it once, 120mph, but got away with a fine and points as he needed his car for travel for important charity work.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Reading the article, it says the Police reached speeds of up to 110mph, I guess they weren't actually able to measure the speed AK was driving at, therefore unable to enforce that rule.

That said though, footballers have a habit of wriggling out of that one anyway, I seem to recall Rio Ferdinand doing it once, 120mph, but got away with a fine and points as he needed his car for travel for important charity work.

I have very little sympathy for people who are minted and can afford a taxi or to pay for a driver. They often try it on though so fair play to Knocky for putting his hand up.

A1X

Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We've got Knockaert, Anthony Knockaert
I just don't think you understand
He only cost 2 mil
He's known to the Old Bill
We've got Anthony Knockaert

SAC

May 21, 2014

Why do I need to have seen the inside of a court to have the opinion that anyone driving erratically 40MPH over the speed limit should be banned and need to take his test again? The more people off the roads the better.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Google Number 19 Onslow Road - 17 pictures???

image.jpg

Is this the one?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Why do I need to have seen the inside of a court to have the opinion that anyone driving erratically 40MPH over the speed limit should be banned and need to take his test again? The more people off the roads the better.

I think he was commenting on the people that complain that magistrates haven't been harsh enough - the magistrates have to abide by sentencing guidelines and so have very little scope varying a sentence. So you might want someone doing 40mph over the limit to be banned and have to re-take their test - but if the sentencing guidelines don't allow it then the magistrate can't give it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here