Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Proud Seagulls

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I’d like to start a group for people with Mullet hair cuts that are permed at the back, like Fila and Other casual gear, I will call this group the West Street Firm.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
The thought police are out in force on this thread, like they are on many others. If you do not agree with their PC neo liberal views you are one or all of the following in their vitriolic opinion: Stupid, idiotic, racist, racist, homophobic, small minded, evil, antiquated, irrelevant , nasty, bigoted, far right, Nazi etc etc ad infinitum.

What happened to being able to have a different opinion? :shrug:

Interesting how none of the replies you quoted say any of the things that you listed.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
In fact, if you applied, I imagine you would be able to join the group.

Not so much.

“We would like to welcome anyone who identifies as LGBTQ+, and who is a fan of Brighton & Hove Albion, to come along sign up and join our supporters’ group.”

I am somewhat surprised that membership isn’t open “to anyone who supports this group’s aims, and who is a fan of...”, but hey, it’s not my group...

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
Half the posts on here add extra labels... North, East, West stands, NSK, police box corner, scarfers ,JCLs to name a few .....
Wow there's a thing, a new niche supporters group for people who are JCLs, shirt wearers as well as LBGT and however many more letters....

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
This must be what reading Burnley's forum is like.

The vocal minority just slightly to the right of Genghis Khan have found their nasty whiny voices since 2016.

boik

Well I’m fine with it. I’m not a gay football supporter so I don’t know what it’s like to be one, but I guess there’s times when it’s not fun. It would probably be good to share experiences with other gay fans, as judging by comments on here they sure as hell wouldn’t b able to talk to most on here about it.

If it’s not for you then just ignore it.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I understand the homophobic verbals/banter tee hee...i’ve had enough fights over it. I understand discrimination in some quarters........ don’t even bother with that... you’ll never change them twats they’re too far gone. But murder ? In this country ? Is that really happening ? Because if so I am not listening to the news enough. I’m open to be stood corrected I really am. Maybe I miss things. I often do.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_London_nail_bombings

Specifically the Admiral Duncan pub.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Well I’m fine with it. I’m not a gay football supporter so I don’t know what it’s like to be one, but I guess there’s times when it’s not fun. It would probably be good to share experiences with other gay fans, as judging by comments on here they sure as hell wouldn’t b able to talk to most on here about it.

Just about sums up my feelings on the subject.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
What a load of Bollocks .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s also boring .

Some people are gay .

Yawn . Not exactly breaking news .

Why do they need their own supporters group? Why do they want to be separated from the rest of Albion fans based on their sexuality?

What’s that even got to do with Football?

We need Antifa Seagulls next , to fight the hordes of NAZIS (groups of white men enjoying their white privilege with beer ) at every home game!

It’s not inclusive at all , LGBTQ+ , that’s soooooo out of date

It’s now LBGTQQICAPF2K+ , so this Proud Seagulls must be a far right group as it discriminates against the other “inclusive” acronyms .

This list of random letters will be out of date by tomorrow as more are added , and my post will be deleted as hate speech .

Soz in advance

Yawn, yawn and a big yawn for luck, talk about jumping on the love bus! So 20 naughtys!

You heading down to Manchester Street on the 31st TLO?

The OP surely knew there would be some controversial comments when he/she/they posted!

Possibly, but definitely not deluded

Well how long you got? This is the board who managed to tear itself apart when Tom Daley announces he’s having a baby[emoji23]

I’d like to start a group for people with Mullet hair cuts that are permed at the back, like Fila and Other casual gear, I will call this group the West Street Firm.

Some people, who by their own admission, don't care, do seem to quite needily tell people this again and again and again, as if this were about them, or they were missing out on something...

... but, as you imply, that seems to be too much like hard work for some, and they just can't...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Oh god, what next. To even things up someone's going to have to start a heterosexual albion supporters group.

If you are getting verbally abused, discriminated against, beaten up or murdered just for being heterosexual - good idea.

Why don't you start one? Go on, do it...

How's your membership drive going? Do tell.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
"we are working with Brighton & Hove Albion to become an official supporters’ club."

Genuine question, do we have official supporters clubs at the Albion?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
"we are working with Brighton & Hove Albion to become an official supporters’ club."

Genuine question, do we have official supporters clubs at the Albion?

Yes. I'm not sure of Thunder Bolt's assertion of the club needing to know the details of every member (Stuart, who started PS didn't mention it), though I do of course defer to her point.

However, there are certain things an 'official supporters club' must have - e.g. minimum size, constitution, secretary, treasurer etc. In being told what's required, it was suggested by the club that they may relax some of their rules as they do seem quite stringent, and the bar is quite high. A bit too high.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Interesting how none of the replies you quoted say any of the things that you listed.

The standard response from posters like him. Whining like a bitch about everything and then making out its other people who have the problem.

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
Christ on a bike. I opened this thread in some hope that the responses would be generally positive. How disappointing. I trust the gibbons asking the usual tedious question of "why isn't there a straight men's club" are also on social media complaining to the WI at their lack of men, or the various golf clubs or gentlemen's venues that have never admitted women. No? Why not, if you're such big fans of everything being the same?

It's not an exclusive club: read the bloody media release. It's open to anybody- members of the LGBT community, or just people who want to support their LGBT friends (because they're basically nice human beings). If you'd like to join, you can. Except you won't of course, because you're all too busy being big butch straight men, squirming in the insecurities of your own sexuality by complaining about something that affects you for not one single second.

If you really need to know why LGBT people still feel support groups are relevant in 2018, ask yourself this. When you kiss your wife goodbye in the street, or briefly put your arm round her in a pub, do you give it a second thought? No. Many LGBT people don't even feel comfortable doing something that simple with their partners/ husbands/ wives, because they're afraid of the negative reactions- the stares, the disapproving looks, the outright abuse- that STILL occurs now.

It's not about strutting down Madeira Drive in a rainbow coloured sequinned feather boa, chaps. It's about people just being able to live the same sort of lives as any human being would want. Football is still full of homophobic abuse, and therefore anything that helps people feel safer, happier or whatever at our games is just fine by me.

Good luck, Proud Seagulls.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Christ on a bike. I opened this thread in some hope that the responses would be generally positive. How disappointing. I trust the gibbons asking the usual tedious question of "why isn't there a straight men's club" are also on social media complaining to the WI at their lack of men, or the various golf clubs or gentlemen's venues that have never admitted women. No? Why not, if you're such big fans of everything being the same?

It's not an exclusive club: read the bloody media release. It's open to anybody- members of the LGBT community, or just people who want to support their LGBT friends (because they're basically nice human beings). If you'd like to join, you can. Except you won't of course, because you're all too busy being big butch straight men, squirming in the insecurities of your own sexuality by complaining about something that affects you for not one single second.

If you really need to know why LGBT people still feel support groups are relevant in 2018, ask yourself this. When you kiss your wife goodbye in the street, or briefly put your arm round her in a pub, do you give it a second thought? No. Many LGBT people don't even feel comfortable doing something that simple with their partners/ husbands/ wives, because they're afraid of the negative reactions- the stares, the disapproving looks, the outright abuse- that STILL occurs now.

It's not about strutting down Madeira Drive in a rainbow coloured sequinned feather boa, chaps. It's about people just being able to live the same sort of lives as any human being would want. Football is still full of homophobic abuse, and therefore anything that helps people feel safer, happier or whatever at our games is just fine by me.

Good luck, Proud Seagulls.

Wise words.

Pity they needed to be said.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Some people, who by their own admission, don't care, do seem to quite needily tell people this again and again and again, as if this were about them, or they were missing out on something...

... but, as you imply, that seems to be too much like hard work for some, and they just can't...

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here