Groß - 9/10
Murray - 9/10
Izquierdo - 8/10
Locadia - 6/10
Goldson - 7/10
Kayal - 6.5/10
Hemed - 6.5/10
Krul - 6.5/10

Baldock, Uwe, Sidwell not enough game time to rate.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
For me;

Ryan - 8/10
Bruno - 7/10
Dunk - 9/10
Duffy - 8/10
Bong - 7/10
Suttner - 6/10
Schelotto - 6/10
Knockaert - 6/10
March - 6/10
Propper - 8/10
Stephens - 9/10
Groß - 9/10
Murray - 9/10
Izquierdo - 8/10
Locadia - 6/10
Goldson - 7/10
Kayal - 6.5/10
Hemed - 6.5/10
Krul - 6.5/10

Baldock, Uwe, Sidwell not enough game time to rate.

Can’t see how March and Knocky would the same........

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Ryan, Dunk, Stephens, Gross, Murray .... exceptional (except you can't have 5 exceptionals)
Bruno, Propper (who I believe may well become the best player the club has ever had) and Duffy utterly superb. .... along with AK and Jose for doing things that filled my heart with joy.
Everyone else, who had the opportunity to put in a shift, very good.

Well done everybody.

What a ****ing season.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Hughton - 10 Kept us up. Can't ask for more really. Memorable wins over Arsenal and Utd

Ryan - 8/10
Bruno - 7/10
Dunk - 9/10
Duffy - 8/10
Bong - 6/10
Suttner - 5/10
Schelotto - 6/10
Knockaert - 7/10
March - 6/10
Propper - 8/10
Stephens - 8/10
Groß - 9/10
Murray - 9/10
Izquierdo - 8/10
Locadia - 5/10
Goldson - 5/10
Kayal - 6/10
Hemed - 5/10
Krul - 5/10

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
10 - Groß

9 - Ryan, Dunk

8 - Murray, Stephens

7 - Izquierdo, Pröpper, Knockaert, Bruno

6 and below - The rest

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
This is a better achievement than gaining promotion from the Championship staying up against the odds with what was largely a Championship team and those players brought in having no experience either playing in this country let alone at this level, then there is the all the age range teams all gaining promotion it has been an incredible achievement so for me it's 10 for everyone connected to the club

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Agreed. AK was heading that way, but got into his stride in many key results in 2018.

Also Maty Ryan 9/10?

I agree Ryan wouldn't be a 9, hence giving him an 8! :)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Since the opening game or two, has Ryan made a single mistake that has cost us points, or even a goal? Maybe so, I just can't remember it. I haven't seen enough of him, but from what I have seen, he's been one of our best and most consistent players.

I'd give Gross a 9.5, Dunk and Ryan both 9 each. All three have been models of consistency over the entire season.

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
Can't fault Ryan for a single thing other than the Leicester game. Kept us in multiple games with incredible saves. Barely put a foot wrong.

I don't think you can get much closer to a 10 than that.

Best keeper in the league.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
On the measure that Salah and De Bruyne would get 10 and Benteke would scrape a 1 …….

Dunk 8.5 – Brilliant passing. Hardly ever beaten. A natural leader. Though missed probably a dozen clear scoring chances

Gross 8.5 – Regularly influential. Delivered goals and assists at home. Not as influential away

Ryan 8.5 – Near faultless. The best keeper in our history.

Stephens 8 – tick, tick, tick. Perfect player for Hughton’s system. Always missed when absent.

Propper 8 – Grew into the season. Curbed his attacking instincts to fit into our system, Love his outside of right foot passes. Needs to add goals

Bruno 8 – What a footballer. I predict he’ll be one of our best players next year as well.

Murray 8 – Played his best football when under serious pressure for his place. Scored crucial goals. Quite rightly isn’t taking pens any more

Izquierdo 7.5 – His pace is a real threat. He has set up and scored many goals. Very good debut season.

Duffy 7 – A huge contributor to our defensive solidity. Only a small number of mistakes leading to goals or chances.

Knockeart 7 – Didn’t consistently dazzle like last season, though better than most would have you believe. Good workrate, needs to get his chin up when things aren’t going for him.

Bong 7 –Not the best footballer, but a brilliant defender and capable athlete. Hardly anyone gets round him. Credit to him for not getting distracted by the Rodriguez saga

Schelotto 6 – Our only genuinely inconsistent performer. 10 out of 10 for Chelsea at home, but a couple of shockers in there. Doesn’t have the technique to convince he’s the long term RB option.

Hemed 5 – The unjust sending off against Newcastle ruined his chance to prove he was a premier league striker. Well done for all your efforts for the club Tomer.

Suttner 5 – Weapon of a left peg, but was beaten too easily once or twice. Unlikely to be first choice LB again

Solly 5 – Solly, my friend. 3 words for you. Deliver, deliver, deliver. Some great flashes but a tough premier debut season. Hughton should persevere

Leo 5 – His strength, scoring headers from crosses, was never really maximised. His weakness, his centre circle hold up play, was exposed. Surely Chris is looking elsewhere

Kayal 5 – A very good player….but not in our system. He’s a driving forward midfielder, whereas Chris wants 2 sitting midfielders to allow the wingers to progress. Did the job as a late Gross replacement, but needs a move.

Locadia 4.5 – Talent there I’m sure, but is he the right player for us? Some worrying body language. His versatility isn’t helping him. Needs to work on one position, probably as target man.

Hughton 8 – Arch-pragmatist, excellent communicator, role model and man of principle. I’m delighted to have him represent our club. To improve, he needs to find a way to help us score more and win more away.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Hughton - 9.5/10
Got it wrong a couple of times tactically, but kept us up and produced some terrific results toward the back end of the season

Ryan - 7.5/10
Shaky start but has become a reliable stopper and clearly loves the club. Hopefully he hits the ground running after the world cup

Krul - 5/10
Did the job as a back-up without ever really getting a chance to perform, I'd imagine he's a stop-gap for Walton

Bruno - 6/10
Ever dependable but for large chunks of the season looked like age might be catching up with him. Was excellent against Man Utd and Tottenham at the end of the season, but did cost us a few times (e.g. Everton penalty)

Schelotto - 5.5/10
Moments of mercurial brilliance (was my MOTM against Chelsea and should have had at least one pen) but ultimately frustrating

Dunk - 9/10
Stellar, the "own goals" thing is going to haunt him for a while but he was head and shoulders above everyone else at the back this term, keeping hold of him will be critical

Duffy - 8/10
Caught out several times but a commanding presence for much of it. Needs to get better offensively at set pieces.

Goldson - 6.5/10
Done the business when called upon, done so well to come back, going to be a key man in the squad next season.

Bong - 7/10
Done well for the most part, dealt with the whole Rodriguez brouhaha extremely well, but prone to being caught sleeping by decent quality wingers

Suttner - 6/10
Capable back-up, not really looked like seriously challenging over the season to be first choice

Knoackert - 7/10
Probably gone up a point in the last few weeks, has finally shown his worth after a so-so season. Needs to reign his emotions back a bit, the red at Everton was needless and could have been costly.

Izquierdo - 7.5/10
Took a while to settle but a key player when he did. Needs to be more decisive in moments of attacking danger, could have set-up / scored half a dozen more goals.

March - 5/10
My personal biggest let-down, had flashes (Arsenal away) but failed to push on. Looks a bit lightweight at times, hit the weights this summer Solly.

Propper - 7.5/10
Settled in well alongside Stephens, prone to giving the ball away a little too often and needs to start adding goals but clearly a quality player when given time and space to make the play.

Stephens - 8/10
Has shown up in virtually every game and for me the best performer in the midfield. Needs to cut out the naive challenges and cheap yellows.

Kayal - 6.5/10
Did OK when called upon, probably ought to be 4th choice going forward but not really done much wrong.

Gross - 9.5/10
Not going to say anything that hasn't been said before. Stand-out performer and a class act.

Murray - 8.5/10
Looked leggy and felt he was a bit complacent first part of the season, kicked on when serious competition arrived and been a focal point of our play this season, we've missed him when he hasn't played.

Locadia - 6/10
Played out of position a fair bit, system this season didn't suit him. Feel the best is yet to come.

Hemed - 6.5/10
Did the job when needed, got a crucial goal against Newcastle at the Amex. Will probably move on this summer but he's been good for us.

The rest;
Hunnemeier - Not been used a lot but been a model pro and not kicked up a fuss atlack of game time, wish him well
Sidwell - Injury wrecked his season after he was so crucial for us most of last term, again all the best
Baldock - Yet another injury ravaged season, probably look to move him on now
Maenpaa - Like Uwe not complained at lack of game time, clearly dependable in the back-room

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here