Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] REMF Quiz night 2018

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
.....And a good time was had by all. Left before the results were in, safe in the knowledge we were likely neither first nor last, as sadly getting late for a bank Holiday worker. Massive congrats to Alan for giving up so much time and effort :)

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Take a bow Alan Wares for hosting another fabulous REMF quiz night. Done without a hitch and 200 people. BIG money was made for the REMF. You done good Alan very good

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
.....And a good time was had by all. Left before the results were in, safe in the knowledge we were likely neither first nor last, as sadly getting late for a bank Holiday worker. Massive congrats to Alan for giving up so much time and effort :)

I think we were on a par with someone like Bradford City

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Very good evening, great quiz, expertly done. We came 12th which was a shock, definitely needed a youth or a music expert on our team.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Great quiz, won a Piglets Pantry hamper in the raffle and we came an above expected 6th from 39 teams.
Well done Al and all involved with REMF.
Shame the Heineken lounge couldnt pour draught lager, so we had to have bottles of Heineken, even bigger shame was the use by date of last October.
Credit to the bar manageress, they got a temporary bar set up and swopped our bottles for draught pints.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Top night as always. Congrats to the Magnificent 7 a return to form for them. Given my low expectations was happy with second and another podium finish. One of my favourite days in the Albion calendar.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Thanks to everyone who came along to support the REMF Quiz Night last night. Marvellous scenes.

39 teams, 198 participants, and (to be confirmed) £1,942 raised.

This included a silent auction. We had a signed Albion shirt in the raffle which was won by the people selling the raffle tickets! They generously handed it back, and rather than an auction (there was a lot to get in), we had a silent auction. The winning bid was £200, which was a wonderfully generous gesture. Thanks to them.

Seeing the comments above, we're glad everyone had a great time...
[MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION], 12th is indeed highly impressive considering the enormous cerebral drag coefficient of [MENTION=5001]The Merry Prankster[/MENTION] in your team... :p

[MENTION=12880]Hotchilidog[/MENTION] - Max's team were on fire last night - a bit like Chelsea; seriously good when they put their minds to it. You didn't stand a chance. :shrug:

[MENTION=15008]HAILSHAM SEAGULL[/MENTION] - who knows what you can achieve when you put your mind to it? :kiss:

[MENTION=25]Gwylan[/MENTION] - yes, write quicker! But seriously, congratulations on your win. 88/102 is a highly impressive score. :bowdown:

[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] - bollocks back to you, you fifth-placed failures. punish:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
How did the three...YES ONLY THREE of us get on Al? THe Three Old Gits

Fantastic evening mate..very well done as ever.

Must find a time to use the fourball at mannings Heath!

Cheers

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
[MENTION=25]Gwylan[/MENTION] - yes, write quicker! But seriously, congratulations on your win. 88/102 is a highly impressive score. :bowdown::

Credit should be given to [MENTION=374]Man of Harveys[/MENTION] and Mrs Man of Harveys for answering the music round on their own and for their encyclopedic knowledge of Sussex buildings

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
That Sussex building round was a mare for us! I think we got one right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strange, we felt that was the easiest round of the lot and got a full house with that one.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I couldn't believe that the two other people , kev and Stuart, knew feck all about the albion and have supported us since embryos

I was shocked!

Brovion

Jul 6, 2003
Credit should be given to [MENTION=374]Man of Harveys[/MENTION] and Mrs Man of Harveys for answering the music round on their own and for their encyclopedic knowledge of Sussex buildings

Ha! I wasn't missed then! :lolol: Well done.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Strange, we felt that was the easiest round of the lot and got a full house with that one.

We were the same. Our worst round was the music round, but closely followed by the Albion round, which when you consider we had Paul Samrah, Liz Costa, and John Lees, was a poor effort.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here