Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Brighton set for €10m Camarasa"

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
"Brighton set for €10m Camarasa"

Last day job this one . You have to wonder how a player they’re prepared to sell goes up in value by £3mill in 6 months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Last day job this one . You have to wonder how a player they’re prepared to sell goes up in value by £3mill in 6 months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They need to pay Levante a sell on clause (would be about 2m euros), so a 1m profit if they get 10m

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Stephen Ward, one that spring to mind. How do you lose out on a player who has spent months on loan with you and you know that you want to sign him? I heard that the reason that we missed out on Lewis Grabban, a couple of years ago, was that he turned up at the Amex and was left waiting for ages so he left. You can even go back to the days of Ian Wright who had a successful trial with the club, was due to sign but again was left waiting so he left.

You are talking utter garbage. Ward did what any professional would do. Signed for a club in the top league and, of course, for more money than we would pay. Likewise Grabban went for money, nothing more nothing less. Not even sure he ever actually came to the club. As for Wright, where exactly did you hear that he had a 'successful' trial? He was a teen when he had his trial with us and Southend but still didn't come into league football until he was almost 22.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I totally agree with the sentiment, but some might argue we have been on a spending spree. Our net transfer business is 4th in the league.

Man U -£152.9m
Man C -£152.45m
Everton -£78.42m
Brighton -£64.4m
Hudders -£50.9

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/einnahmenausgaben/wettbewerb/GB1

Absolutely this.

It takes 2 -3 seasons to be able to build a premier league squad, without risking the club's immediate future.
As always the club has built shrewdly. They have spent a lot of money in improving the squad.
Some of our signings will stay with us, if we go down and will be part of an improved squad if we stay up.

Trying to spend your way to "guaranteed" survival is less likely to succeed than a lot of people think.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
No it isn't. No point calling it 'net transfer' if you're only looking at one year, and ignoring the spending in the last few years. Try the last 4 or 5 years as a start:
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/pre...&nat=&pos=&altersklasse=&w_s=&leihe=&intern=0

Then try and take wages into account too.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/einnahmenausgaben/wettbewerb/GB1/plus/0?ids=a&sa=&saison_id=2013&saison_id_bis=2017&nat=&pos=&altersklasse=&w_s=&leihe=&intern=0

Nice symmetry. We're the 16th biggest net spenders in the date range you mention. We're 16th in the league, and we're in the last 16 of the FA Cup. All seems just about right to me!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We need to get this done before Southampton steam in to sign him.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
We need to get this done before Southampton steam in to sign him.

Do we need another centre mid now ?....surely Gross is the back up option from Propper, Stephens and Kayal.

When Locadia is fit surely Gross will be removed from the no10 role ?.....

Nice to have options I know..

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Do we need another centre mid now ?....surely Gross is the back up option from Propper, Stephens and Kayal.

I guess it depends if:

a) he's considerably better than what we already have

b) Hughton plans to play with three in the middle more often.

If either of those turn out to be true then I'd say yes we do.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011

Yes, to replace Stephens. Happy for Stephens to be on the bench as cover.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
No it isn't. No point calling it 'net transfer' if you're only looking at one year, and ignoring the spending in the last few years. Try the last 4 or 5 years as a start:
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/pre...&nat=&pos=&altersklasse=&w_s=&leihe=&intern=0

Then try and take wages into account too.

here you go - but before any of the fees/spending/wage increases for 2017/18. Not sure anyone could argue Albion hasn't spent a fortune since getting to the Amex.
c£120m of losses for starters has financed most of this. But yes of course, others have spent even more.

wagesincomealbion.png

signings2.png

all graphs via the very good http://priceoffootball.com/brighton-and-hove-albion-please-please-please-let-me-get-what-i-want/

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Yes we most certainly do to improve on what we have and to replace Sidwell. It's quite obvious

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes we most certainly do to improve on what we have and to replace Sidwell. It's quite obvious

Spot on... any recent published news on Camarasa?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here