Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** Official middle-aged man's Craft Beer thread ****

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hey [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION] I rode past The 3 Moles at Selham today and noticed a sign saying they have a beer festival there, this weekend.
Sadly I didn't have time to notice much else.

Actually I'll even do the heavy lifting for you:-
https://thethreemoles.co.uk/beerfestival/

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Hey [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION] I rode past The 3 Moles at Selham today and noticed a sign saying they have a beer festival there, this weekend.

Cheers chap, sadly I’m laid up overseas after an accident, won’t be back for a week or so.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen

A real gem of a pub. I went to one of their summer festivals a year or two ago, beautiful beer, beautiful area. A micro pub, before micro pubs were a thing.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's certainly a beautiful area (for cycling) and would appear to be great for pubs.

The Three Moles looks fantastic, we can do a pub passing 'crawl'

The Greyhound @ Heyshott
Moles
The White Horse @ Graffham
The little one the other side of the village who's name escapes me.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It's certainly a beautiful area (for cycling) and would appear to be great for pubs.

The Three Moles looks fantastic, we can do a pub passing 'crawl'

The Greyhound @ Heyshott
Moles
The White Horse @ Graffham
The little one the other side of the village who's name escapes me.

If you’re thinking the Forresters Arms I believe it’s closed at the moment, don’t know if there are plans to reopen.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Watercress Pump small.jpg Black Friday Pump Clip small.jpg

Been sampling new ales at my local farmers market today.
Found this new brewery, called Paradigm, based in Herts.
Some lovely tasting, but different ales :drink:
www.paradigmbrewery.com

PILTDOWN MAN

Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
HT I notice on most threads you spout on about craft beer from here there blah blah...

Please enlighten me what exactly do you determine this super new age beverage to be.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
HT I notice on most threads you spout on about craft beer from here there blah blah...

Please enlighten me what exactly do you determine this super new age beverage to be.

Bloody Hell...it's 2018 and you are not aware of what Craft Beer is? Are you still down that gravel pit?

PILTDOWN MAN

Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Go on then tell me please.......................................................

PILTDOWN MAN

Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PILTDOWN MAN

Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That's American rubbish (I'll come back to that later) doesn't mentioned any differing methods to production (notice I failed to use craft) so what is it?

It’s different things to different people. If I gave a pint of Wild Beer to a bunch of craft heads I reckon 90% would say without doubt its craft. Other breweries and the number would change. And yes you can call breweries like Dark Star if you want to. Ditto with breweries like Augustiner and Rothaus here....technically they’re craft beers as are real ales I guess. I suggest googling and deciding on your own definition. Me, it’s a very loose description to broadly describe a certain type of brewer and brewery and beer found mainly in kegs.

PILTDOWN MAN

Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It’s different things to different people. If I gave a pint of Wild Beer to a bunch of craft heads I reckon 90% would say without doubt its craft. Other breweries and the number would change. And yes you can call breweries like Dark Star if you want to. Ditto with breweries like Augustiner and Rothaus here....technically they’re craft beers I guess. I suggest googling and deciding on your own definition. Me, it’s a very loose description to broadly describe a certain type of brewer and brewery.

I find it's the perception though certain beers can be considered in the main craft but dig a little and surprise they're owned by a huge brewer. They do though hold on to their "craftiness" cheeky so and so's

PILTDOWN MAN

Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It’s different things to different people. If I gave a pint of Wild Beer to a bunch of craft heads I reckon 90% would say without doubt its craft. Other breweries and the number would change. And yes you can call breweries like Dark Star if you want to. Ditto with breweries like Augustiner and Rothaus here....technically they’re craft beers as are real ales I guess. I suggest googling and deciding on your own definition. Me, it’s a very loose description to broadly describe a certain type of brewer and brewery and beer found mainly in kegs.

I ask honestly and will tell you shortly my motive but I ask you specifically due to your expansive knowledge of "craft".

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I find it's the perception though certain beers can be considered in the main craft but dig a little and surprise they're owned by a huge brewer. They do though hold on to their "craftiness" cheeky so and so's

Big brewers have been snaffling up craft brewers e.g. Camden Town, Meantime, Lagunitas, Goose Island. But there are literally hundreds of others out there which are small.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I ask honestly and will tell you shortly my motive but I ask you specifically due to your expansive knowledge of "craft".

That’s fine, I’m off out now....to Brewdog funnily enough. Like music, I am pretty chilled with “craft” and like what I like and that’s it...I don’t tend to spend/waste time arguing for or against anything craft....but I’m very very enthusiastic about the stuff I like. I’m happy to share my thoughts as well but they’re in no way definitive.....and like music many question my judgement especially if they see my record collection :smile:

PILTDOWN MAN

Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Meantime is interesting, Asahi UK is a really small operation compared to most in the game, it may have a huge backing but does enjoy its smallness both in its Asahi operation and ownership of Meantime. Not many normal drinkers would appreciate that they are no longer a "small" independent, why would they. However they are now able to reproduce their beers with much more repetitive precession. It could be considered a benefit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here