Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Match and ball sponsorship

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Aren't they sponsoring the club, not the kit ? Sure they never had any issues with sponsoring of players kit up until now

They are the club's 'shirt sponsor' aren't they?

I'm sure they don't really care too much about the semantics of it, so long as they get their TV exposure, but might take offence if they are there with a bundle of important corporate guests, and the program declares that Overline or IT First are THE 'kit sponsor'.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
They are the club's 'shirt sponsor' aren't they?

I'm sure they don't really care too much about the semantics of it, so long as they get their TV exposure, but might take offence if they are there with a bundle of important corporate guests, and the program declares that Overline or IT First are THE 'kit sponsor'.

True i guess, but unless I'm mistaken, reading what [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION] says, it was the same last year, just considerably cheaper

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
That's a bit ODD then. Why make you chose ONE specific player, if he's then the only player sponsored for that match?

Or are you 'his' kit sponsor for the season, but you only get the perks on one given matchday??

I'm guessing you are sponsoring the whole squads kit then, just for that match ?

Aren't they sponsoring the club, not the kit ? Sure they never had any issues with sponsoring of players kit up until now

True i guess, but unless I'm mistaken, reading what [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION] says, it was the same last year, just considerably cheaper

They call it kit sponsor rather than shirt sponsor. In the past you sponsored your chosen players home or away 'kit' for the season, at the end of the season you were presented with a shirt of your player, you also got a nice mention in the match program underneath a photo of your chosen player, now you get a tiny line of text on the match listing page. Last season they changed to this new system, you are the 'kit' sponsor for a particular game, at the end of the season players reception you get allocated a players shirt, apparently randomly, I got Baldock last season. I had sponsored Brunos kit for the preceding 3 seasons.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
They call it kit sponsor rather than shirt sponsor. In the past you sponsored your chosen players home or away 'kit' for the season, at the end of the season you were presented with a shirt of your player, you also got a nice mention in the match program underneath a photo of your chosen player, now you get a tiny line of text on the match listing page. Last season they changed to this new system, you are the 'kit' sponsor for a particular game, at the end of the season players reception you get allocated a players shirt, apparently randomly, I got Baldock last season. I had sponsored Brunos kit for the preceding 3 seasons.

Bit rubbish.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Surely the least the club can do, is allow the sponsor to pick the shirt. It's even cheaper to put Bruno 2 on a shirt, than Baldock which has more letters.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Surely the least the club can do, is allow the sponsor to pick the shirt. It's even cheaper to put Bruno 2 on a shirt, than Baldock which has more letters.

I probably got Baldock as some sort of punishment for complaining about the prominence in the match program, the lack of a players shirt at the game I sponsored the kit at, and for breaking the £30 drinks budget at our table!

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
See club now offering Cat A Match sponsorship at £11,400 incl vat and Ball sponsorship at £2700 incl vat. Hope you get to take ball home at those prices. How much was it last year

Yes! Just pray that some inconsiderate twonk doesn't score a feckin hat-trick..........:shrug:

article-0-1FBA558500000578-768_634x435.jpg

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
are people actually worried that the club is asking corporate sponsors to pay many thousands rather than the many hundreds of yesteryear? not like this is of much concern to 99% of the fan base that would never even think about these sorts of sponsorship.

Gives some ammunition to the Barber lynch mob. :)

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
At the moment I'm holding off any 'I hate the PL' talk and 'corporate Albion' chants until the first game. If I can go as usual to the ground, buy my £1 lottery ticket, stroll around for a Harveys at the Bandstand, walk into the EU (slight security delay accepted), buy a pie, pint & crisps for under a tenner, upset all the long suffering 'fans' I see every game as I sneak into my seat and finally if I can sing my heart out as I've always done, then I'll be happy. But ONE, JUST ONE opposing fan within fist distance who is sat in what should be a home seat and I will get VERY UPSET!

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
The club as we knew it is dead. The sacrifice for Bloom saving and transforming us is to become a corporate juggernaut designed to milk money from anyone possible with little care for the fans of yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Spot on .

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'm quite happy for some JCL mug with more money than sense to subsidise my season ticket while I watch Premier League football, instead of lower league hoofball in the pissing rain at an athletics stadium. But maybe that's just me.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
The club is dead, we've sold out, it's not the club I knew ... go and fester in your bitter time capsules if you like but the world changes.

Get a fukcing grip in other words. It's exactly the same type of club that Mike Bamber tried to create. I was bored shitless as a kid hearing about 1966, the Stanley Matthews cup final and how football all went to the dogs when that greedy overpaid waste of space Jimmy Hill became the first £100 pound a week player. It was ruined again when Clough spent a whole million pounds on one single player; just like live football was the end of days. Not to mention all them cheating diving foreigners. Sepp Blatter killed football too. The petitions against the Taylor report ... some people just don't like change.

Just as we all scrape and bow in awe of the Spanish league, we once did the same over Serie A. Or Dutch total football. Or the nighty Magyars. The French startled us for a while. It's just like watching Brazil. And then the Germans win on penalties of course. But it's all cyclical ... plus ca change and all that.

And the next outraged person who wancs on about 'football existed before Sky you know' only needs to go back a generation or so to a time when the old farts of those days wet themselves over their youth being written off when everything started being described as post-war this and post-war that.

Polemic aside, God bless everyone of you who has pointed out that TB/PB are fleecing the corporates rather than the rest of us. Why on earth would we be getting indignant about a Range Rover full of Ruperts paying as much for one game as 10 STHs do over a season?

Foucault, discourse, culture defined by what it isn't ... just go and join the spotty ultras up the road and proclaim your anti-modern football bigotry. But don't forget it was the only identity available to them ... there was simply nothing else they could claim as an identity unless they made a singular virtue out of playing iPulis football in their eyesore of a stadium whilst representing a non-descript part of a wretched urban sprawl. Basically, they looked down the road at us and declared themselves 'not us'.

I really ought to get off these drugs you know but there are some serious points in there hidden amongst the snarky language. Promise!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here