Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I wish for everyone's sake he would just come off twitter if he's not able to ignore the children and trolls tweeting him.

He clearly gets some kind of kick out of it as everyone knows there are total morons on twitter who were always going to respond to his kid in a Leeds kit even though most sensible adults wouldn't have a problem with it.

My perfect scenario is for him to sign a new contract and to close his twitter account.

It's not on Twitter but on Instagram. The abuse on Twitter started from the so called fans.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
It's not on Twitter but on Instagram. The abuse on Twitter started from the so called fans.

So my point stands, close the twitter account. There are moronic so called fans from every club on twitter. Most pro's are able to ignore it. The fans are ignorant twunts but he has got to learn to rise above it as he will get it what ever club he's at.

I'm not on Instagram so don't understand how that works in all honesty.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 27, 2012
Commenting on players kids or family , for whatever reason, in public on Twitter or Instagram must be off limits. Don't be tempted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
If you earn an absolute fortune as a footballer, abuse to some extent goes with the territory. Sadly money comes before everything in many people's eyes.

Stockdale is prostituting himself after his contract runs out which he's entitled to do and sure the the twitter abuse has gone over the top.

But he knows exactly what he's doing and needs to remember that as fans we care deeply about the club and it's future - he may not, but we do.

I personally think there's something a bit unpleasant about that Insta post. He knew what reaction he would get - but did it anyway. Yes - he can claim the moral high ground but at the cost of his son being plastered all over social media.

We all just need to stop it and let him earn his corn elsewhere.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Oh to return to the days before social media , that would be wonderful . Not knowing what was going on at the club until a press conference was held and it appeared in the Argus . Happy summers they were .

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
So my point stands, close the twitter account. There are moronic so called fans from every club on twitter. Most pro's are able to ignore it. The fans are ignorant twunts but he has got to learn to rise above it as he will get it what ever club he's at.

I'm not on Instagram so don't understand how that works in all honesty.

It's a photo sharing site. His son also had a Brighton & Barca shirt. Our idiots just focused on the Leeds shirt. His son is 5 years old for goodness sake. He likes football shirts. [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION] would be proud.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If you earn an absolute fortune as a footballer, abuse to some extent goes with the territory. Sadly money comes before everything in many people's eyes.

Stockdale is prostituting himself after his contract runs out which he's entitled to do and sure the the twitter abuse has gone over the top.

But he knows exactly what he's doing and needs to remember that as fans we care deeply about the club and it's future - he may not, but we do.

I personally think there's something a bit unpleasant about that Insta post. He knew what reaction he would get - but did it anyway. Yes - he can claim the moral high ground but at the cost of his son being plastered all over social media.

Prostituting himself? Wtf

So I take it we all prostitute ourselves if we have a job, where our contract is running out and we are trying to get another one? What a strange use of the word.

The complete shite that has been thrown at him for sharing a FAMILY picture of his son in a Leeds shirt by so called brighton fans is pathetic in the extreme.

He is from Leeds...he is NOT from brighton. He doesn't support Brighton, he supports Leeds. Those of us who follow him on twatter know that and always have known that. We seem to have a bunch of Albion " fans" now trolling him saying it's " disrespectful" showing a FAMILY picture of his child wearing a Leeds shirt. GET A ****ING LIFE.

I wonder how many of the " fans" fans are actually fans or just people who are hanging on to the tailcoat of an club that suddenly find themselves in the limelight.

If their trolling is supposed to in some way help him make his mind up, then I am sure he is more inclined to sign then not??? Or perhaps they are the same people who really went for Murray when he left and now they have backslided thinking he is a brighton "legend". We have form of behaving like complete twats about our past and current players.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Absolute twaddle. As posted before, remember Calde almost going to Southampton?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
He posted it on twitter.

He knows what he's doing.

Seemingly you have a thing for egomaniacs at this football club.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

You're right. I have more time for egomaniacs who love their families than tossers who abuse.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton fans may think that, but the reality is that he is very caring & quite sensitive which is why he made personal visits to the Shoreham families, donated £150 to a sick child when only asked for a retweet, and done masses for AITC.
Don't let cynicism cloud your judgement.

Not sure what any of that has to do with what I posted. I am not saying he is anything but a good person just that nobody can be surprised at the reaction he is getting from some Albion fans with his posts. I don't give a shit what he posts personally.

Keeps us all interested in the close season I guess.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No. But most posts I've seen are people calling him an attention seeker. I don't think I've seen anything he wouldn't have expected when posting that.

He needs to put the phone away

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Why should he? Who are we to suggest what the f he does?

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Why should he? Who are we to suggest what the f he does?

We're nobodies. However, although I'm not on it, isn't Twitter something available to the general public, which also invites "replies"?

If he wants to show his little lad off in a Leeds kit, then good for him - the little fella can support who he wants, clearly!

However, if you don't want a reaction - post it on Facebook for your friends and family to see, not millions of strangers?

His call, his twitter account, but..

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Was he an attention seeker when he did all that work and support for the families after the Shoreham air disaster?
Not sure that's any more relevant than him saving a Forrestieri penalty? He's done some absolutely wonderful things for this football club but has a bizarre tick for craving attemtion and arguments on twitter.

It's a shame, a brilliant season, promotion to the Premier League and nominated for player of the year, but he looks like going out as the bloke who blew the title in the last minute and then spent the next 2 months flirting with Leeds and attention seeking before leaving the club.

I hope he's remembered for the good times but fear this has all gone a bit Poyet (without the turd in the changing room).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here