Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Child of the 70's? What was your favourite....

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
All the different makes of cigarettes that have disappeared, Gold Leaf, Number 6, Number 10, Cadets, Guards, Piccadilly,etc there must have been twenty plus brands

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I just remembered..... Knitting!

THE fad of the 70's!! My Mum and Nan were slavering addicts...

Actual 'wool shops' which sold all grades of knitting needles, balls of wool and 'patterns'. If you dared to mention your Mrs was pregnant back then it'd lead to 750 pairs of knitting needles clacking away like a skeletons disco - pumping out piles of wee jumpers, onesies and blankets :glare:

Mum actually had a knitting machine at one point, not unlike this one from memory. She once knitted me an Albion scarf on it, which promptly curled inwards from the sides and looked a bit like a blue and white swiss roll

knittingmachine.jpg

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You are so right, except we drank the Martini and got sick on it.

Hahahahah, LOL. I was literally just going to post that someone brought a bottle of martini to a party once (I even remember whose party it was) and me and a mate downed the whole bottle and spent the next hour being sick........

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Hahahahah, LOL. I was literally just going to post that someone brought a bottle of martini to a party once (I even remember whose party it was) and me and a mate downed the whole bottle and spent the next hour being sick........

Every parent in the 70s had a bottle of Martini that they never touched, and pretty much left it to us kids to taste, I think they had a plan. Hate Martini and you'll hate alcohol. As kids we drank it like coca cola and met the consequences.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Stream of consciousness list:

Action comic
Action Man
Marbles
Commando (comic)
Home made go karts
First generation skateboards
Monkey Boots
Dr Martens
Punk
Lumberjack Jackets
Harrington Jackets
Chipper, Chopper
Dr Who
Spangles
Power cuts
Atari
VHS
Airfix
Subbuteo
Parkas
High Chaparral
Six Million Dollar Man
Jimmy Hill
Dickie Davies
The Two Ronnies
Kendo Nagasaki
Evil Kneival
Risk
Escape from Colditz
Borg v McEnroe
Long then short hair
Wide then narrow trousers
Fleetwood Mac
The Jam
Jaws
Star Wars
Tizer
Soda Stream
Cortina
Teleprinter
TDK
Air Guns
Ska revival
Ray Reardon
Barry Sheene
Monster Mash
Ready Brek

....I had to stop. I loved the 70s.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Melford
Coombe Rovers
Hollingbury Hawks
Hove Park Colts
Bevendean Badgers
Peacehaven Pirates
E&A United .........
Anyone played for Moulsecoomb Targets 1972-73. Got to a Cup Final at Southwick's ground. I said we won 4-0, my brother said we lost 0-4. I prefer my version.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Every parent in the 70s had a bottle of Martini that they never touched, and pretty much left it to us kids to taste, I think they had a plan. Hate Martini and you'll hate alcohol. As kids we drank it like coca cola and met the consequences.

It was exotic, so they had to have one in the 'sideboard' in case a visitor asked for some. They never did, and if they had, no-one would have known how to serve it anyway [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It was exotic, so they had to have one in the 'sideboard' in case a visitor asked for some. They never did, and if they had, no-one would have known how to serve it anyway [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Haha cheers Dazzer, made me laugh (again).

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Me, my brother and a mate used to drink this bottle (or was it dobonnet) and then add water to it so it looked full. When it was empty another bottle appeared and we'd do the same thing. Never saw my parents drink it mind. they must of said it tastes like water.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Me, my brother and a mate used to drink this bottle (or was it dobonnet) and then add water to it so it looked full. When it was empty another bottle appeared and we'd do the same thing. Never saw my parents drink it mind. they must of said it tastes like water.

Hahaha! It was a parent conspiracy! Dubonnet yes!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Me and my step brother absolutely heaved until we had nothing left inside at about 14 over Martini.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
All the different makes of cigarettes that have disappeared, Gold Leaf, Number 6, Number 10, Cadets, Guards, Piccadilly,etc there must have been twenty plus brands
if you had a packet of 10 you were considered rich, most kids at school had packs of 5 that had to last.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
if you had a packet of 10 you were considered rich, most kids at school had packs of 5 that had to last.

There used to be a cigarette machine outside the cafe at Angmering station. 10p for 10, well expensive in the day.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
5 park drive was 6p when I first started smoking, and school dinner money was 9p, 3p change for a bag of chips at lunch time.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here