Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Err. Don't you think every single political commentator (and big-hitting Tory MP's behind the scenes) are stating the same thing?

[TWEET]873940123230011394[/TWEET]

What have my political views got to do with a cabinet reshuffle?

Just as with your views on youth recruitment: the only thing that matters is what [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION] thinks.

No you are the one that offers up your demands, usually after a democratic vote, I havent been on the losing side yet I am 2 from 2, you my friend are 0/2 and your beauty of a moment of your FTSE forecast, but I am not saying I am right I am saying you guys seem unable to grasp the concept of coming second.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Surely the PM appoints whomever she wants and they serve?

Well, regardless of the reason: that's the one sector of society even further exasperated.

Penny for IDS & Gove's thoughts on their exclusion.

Both still pretty toxic but Gove will keep quiet until the knives come out for May.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You have made the assumption that everyone who voted remain wanted everything which the EU offers.
No I haven't, far from it. Just like those that voted leave will have mixed and varied reasons, the same is also true for those who voted remain. They decided that on balance, remaining would be best. I said "Presumably nearly all those who voted remain would prefer a soft Brexit to a hard one", so no, I didn't say that everyone wanted everything the EU offers.

So, I accept that we cannot know exactly what everyone wants from BREXIT, but the same applies to the Remain voters.
I agree. I did a poll at the time about remain/leave and hard/soft Brexit, which IMO shows that most would choose a soft Brexit over hard. I'll look it up at some point.

The question was simple - Leave/Remain. The interpretation of this is very wide ranging, and, no matter what either of our opinions are, that's all they are. Our own opinion and not facts. So saying that this is what the majority wants is purely an opinion.
It's not just an opinion, you can ask people why they voted the way they did, and then you'll have a good idea. Just like I did.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
No you are the one that offers up your demands, usually after a democratic vote, I havent been on the losing side yet I am 2 from 2, you my friend are 0/2 and your beauty of a moment of your FTSE forecast, but I am not saying I am right I am saying you guys seem unable to grasp the concept of coming second.

Couldn't make much of that ramble, sorry.
Apparently I make demands or something? And I am 0/2 on something?

FWIW: most economists called the effect of the referendum wrong.

Lastly: listen sunshine - thinking the Tory party are a steaming turd on the wasteland of British politics is very different to being an avid Corbyn or Labour fan. Of which I am neither. But you are completely unable to grasp that concept, aren't you?
Only someone so intent to be controversial & superior could support this well-derided set of appointments. :bowdown:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The young came out in force to vote Labour who stood for No freedom of movement of people. They did not vote Lib Dem in our Brexit election in June 2017. George Osbourne is not an MP. He has too many jobs to become PM. Brexit was the outcome in June 2016. We voted for no freedom of movement of people this month. We all want to trade with the EU but there has to be control of immigration.

Think we will leave the single market, the key for business is to remain in the customs union with no tariffs, if we don't do this we're screwed

George in the meantime is a large thorn in the government's side at the Standard, he will keep poking the hornets nest

Still can't believe the Tories 23 years to win a majority and f**ked it up...

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Couldn't make much of that ramble, sorry.
Apparently I make demands or something? And I am 0/2 on something?

FWIW: most economists called the effect of the referendum wrong.

Lastly: listen sunshine - thinking the Tory party are a steaming turd on the wasteland of British politics is very different to being an avid Corbyn or Labour fan. Of which I am neither. But you are completely unable to grasp that concept, aren't you?
Only someone so intent to be controversial & superior could support this well-derided set of appointments. :bowdown:

Your not very good with numbers are you .........

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Think we will leave the single market, the key for business is to remain in the customs union with no tariffs, if we don't do this we're screwed

George in the meantime is a large thorn in the government's side at the Standard, he will keep poking the hornets nest

Still can't believe the Tories 23 years to win a majority and f**ked it up...

Agreed.:lolol:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Do you not think that if that was the case she would resign as PM and leave the party to heal their wounds and move on in preperation for beating Corbyn again in the next election later in the year.

There's no obvious immediate successor to her and there isn't the time for a leadership contest. She's got to limp on for however long she can, with her power, influence and standing deeply diminished. The last thing The Tories want is another election anytime soon, in my opinion. Robert Peston among others foresaw this on Friday.

[tweet]873206204230774788[/tweet]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
That doesnt stop him being PM I dont think as IIRC I am sure that Sir Alec Douglas Home was a Tory PM and was not an MP., but I could be wrong and named the wrong PM.

It would be very unlikely in the modern age for the Queen to appoint someone who is not an MP. I agree that a MP could give up his seat and have a by election, for George to return. This is unlikely too as they would want to risk being a MP short for a short while. Also George himself has stated on Andrew Marr this morning, "that he feels well out of it"
Go to approx 45 secs
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-pol...ection-2017-may-is-dead-woman-walking-osborne

https://www.quora.com/Is-the-Prime-Minister-a-member-of-Parliament-in-the-UK-Why

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Wrong both Labour and Tory manifestos included NO freedom of movement. So it's clearly not what the majority want.
Over 80% of people voted either Conservative or Labour. Both stood saying no freedom of movement of people. It is what the majority of people voted for.
We basically only have 2 parties to choose from, so we didn't get the chance to say how we felt about free trade and the movement of people. Also, the main parties couldn't give away that bargaining position before the negotiations have even started.

Here's the poll showing that most people would accept the free movement of people, if that was necessary for free trade:
http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...u-want-free-movement-of-people&highlight=poll

97% of remainers would
42% of leavers would

So that's 97% of 48% + 43% of 52% = 69% of voters would accept the free movement of people, if that was necessary for free trade.

Of course that poll is just on NSC, but the result was obvious before I did the poll (which is why I did the poll), and I can guarantee the result would be over 50% if you had a referendum on it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It just crossed my mind, have any world leaders phoned up Mrs May to congratulate her on her" victory " ? Just wondering if Donald was on the phone or are they all busy ? always remember, success has many fathers but failure is an orphan, and probably an only child.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Brilliantly incisive riposte.
My degree in mathematics not up to your high standards, seemingly.

Your not very good with spelling are you.

I am not sure how I am meant to respond to that, but fair play on your mathematics degree ......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here