Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] "You and your wife will be in jail and your kids will be taken away from you."

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
But the toddler would have been checked in for that seat, with the ticket and a boarding pass issued. I can understand it if the airline said the seat couldn't be used before boarding.

How do you know that?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
He did check the toddler in, and bought a safety seat for the flight.

From the articie

Despite Mr Schear later relenting and agreeing to hold the child, the crew member tells him the family was being removed from the plane because "it's come too far".
When he responds that there is nowhere for his family, including two infants, to go and no more flights, the crew member can be heard saying: "You guys are on your own."

Later, he told CBS News: "The bottom line is, they oversold the flight."

His wife, Brittany, who recorded the video, told NBC News that she was upset they were threatened with prison.
"When you're a mother and you have your one-year-old and your two-year-old and they threaten to take your kids away from you, I mean whether that's possible or whether that's, you know against the law, it just, it made my heart drop," she said.
On Thursday evening, a day after the video was posted, Delta released a statement about the incident.
"We are sorry for the unfortunate experience our customers had with Delta, and we've reached out to them to refund their travel and provide additional compensation," the company said.
"Delta's goal is to always work with customers in an attempt to find solutions to their travel issues. That did not happen in this case and we apologise."

****in hell. They paid out compensation too easy. Getting flights in the US will never take off they will be like that ''Life of Brian'' film ''Im Brian'' No ''Im Brian'' No ''Im Brian'' No ''Im Brian'' No ''Im Brian''

''Throw me off'' No ''Throw me off'' No ''Throw me off'' No ''Throw me off'' No ''Throw me off''

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I imagine it's because they asked him to move the child, he refused a couple times - got escalated then removed.

The wrong action of course

Exactly, forget about the rights or wrongs about the ticket being in the wrong name, the kid still could have travelled on parents lap. No way should the whole family been thrown off the flight.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Exactly, forget about the rights or wrongs about the ticket being in the wrong name, the kid still could have travelled on parents lap. No way should the whole family been thrown off the flight.

Completely - However i do think as soon as it happened he saw the $$$ signs - most people would chance it, if you asked to move the infant move.

Delta are ****ing woeful though.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
The article says he paid for a safety seat from the airline.

It doesn't mean that toddler was checked into the seat purchased for someone else.

The dad is demanding that his infant son be allowed to sit in someone elses seat because he'd paid for the ticket but the person whose seat it was hadnt showed up, doesnt take a genius to work out it wont work like that.

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
They should be heavily fined.

For using the phrase 'Reached out to'

Ridiculous.

095191989bde03c32e115089b24503b0.jpg

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I was appalled reading this. I hope they sue them out of business.

Alternatively, a more level headed rational approach would be for Delta to review its policy in these situations rather than your wish of putting 80,000 people out of work.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The minutiae or who is right or wrong in this instance misses the point. The airlines are getting called to account now on how they treat their customers, the people who pay their wages and dividends for the owners. The horse has bolted and the they are rightly on the back foot. We will see better service in the long run

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
It doesn't mean that toddler was checked into the seat purchased for someone else.

The dad is demanding that his infant son be allowed to sit in someone elses seat because he'd paid for the ticket but the person whose seat it was hadnt showed up, doesnt take a genius to work out it wont work like that.

It appears it does as a number of people are missing this crucial point!

If I was due to be travelling with 3 adults, and they didn't show up, it doesn't give me the right to lie across 4 seats! All this presuming the infant didn't have his own seat, as family had booked the cheap option by sitting on mum's lap, which seems to be the case. Had father reassigned seat (presumably for a fee which he clearly didnt want to do) would have been a very different story.

That person who mentioned jail/foster care wants sacking though.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
It appears it does as a number of people are missing this crucial point!

If I was due to be travelling with 3 adults, and they didn't show up, it doesn't give me the right to lie across 4 seats! All this presuming the infant didn't have his own seat, as family had booked the cheap option by sitting on mum's lap, which seems to be the case. Had father reassigned seat (presumably for a fee which he clearly didnt want to do) would have been a very different story.

That person who mentioned jail/foster care wants sacking though.

This.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Alternatively, a more level headed rational approach would be for Delta to review its policy in these situations rather than your wish of putting 80,000 people out of work.

Oh Heavens. I've awoken the Kraken by opposing one of your views on politics over on another thread and I can now expect a few days of having my every post in any thread jumped on by you.

You're not right in the head. I genuinely mean that. To bear Internet grudges as you do, it's not normal behaviour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here